PDA

View Full Version : ETO4.1 error msg "mission file not loading at start up" please help!

htpcorsica
June 22nd, 2011, 15:11
Hi all, earlier today when I start up eto 4.1 i get "mission file not loading" what do you think the matter might be? I haven't touched the mission files and they look ok to me, so should i do a new install or is it something straight forward? I think the cause might be that i have been trying to make a stand alone a/c and testing it for RAF Bradwell bay, a new airfield that I've been doing and is just about finished.
Thanks for the help.

mrjmaint
June 22nd, 2011, 16:11
That can happen if the aircraft you were testing has it's name changed or is no longer there or you changed the ERA and the airfield you were flying from in "Quick Combat" is not available in the Era you switched to. Just click OK and then select the "Quick Combat" tab, reselect an aircraft and if necessary an airfield and then select "Fly".

ndicki
June 22nd, 2011, 23:30
If it happens regularly, it may be that your "frontend.xml" file (in CFS3/Missions) is no longer valid. This defines the global parameters for the UI screen airfield in QC and startup - time of day, weather, etc. The stock one is Fowlmere, for example.

If you open the existing frontend.xml in the mission builder, you'll see what I mean. It could be that the airfield in question has disappeared or something... Simply write another!

htpcorsica
June 23rd, 2011, 04:22
Thanks very much, I will try and sort it out later and what you said is exactly what I've been doing!
Cheers all. :salute:

htpcorsica
June 23rd, 2011, 10:19
Got it all working now with no problems, thanks very much:salute: