PDA

View Full Version : not really news:CalFire airtankers on base

Daveroo
June 22nd, 2011, 14:59
ive been waiting for a few days to hear them,,,last few days the morning reports for NYP,A&E,N-L ranger units have all not reported tankers on base...but this afternoon..T's 88 and 89(with Joe "Hoser" Satrapa at the yoke) were sent out of grass valley to a fire north of Linclon cal,,south of Beale AFB,,they spent more time working on radio freq's then they did working the fire and i dont think they ever dropped any mud.attached pic is of 89 and Hoser at GV....Joe has this voice that if you ever hear it..you wont forget it....was talking to a girl at my sisters wedding saturday,she was telling me all about this cantancerous oldman who flys these airplanes she hears on her scanner....i told her the story about hoser and she got a laugh....

TARPSBird
June 22nd, 2011, 18:29
That cantankerous old man is a legend in the Navy fighter community dating clear back to the F-8 Crusader. He believed in the old saying "there's no kill like a guns kill" and taught gunnery in the F-14 training syllabus, but he could kill you with pretty much anything hanging on the plane. :icon_lol: Anybody who knows Hoser personally would not be surprised that he's fighting fires in S-2T's as his "retired guy" job.

Daveroo
June 23rd, 2011, 07:41
That cantankerous old man is a legend in the Navy fighter community dating clear back to the F-8 Crusader. He believed in the old saying "there's no kill like a guns kill" and taught gunnery in the F-14 training syllabus, but he could kill you with pretty much anything hanging on the plane. :icon_lol: Anybody who knows Hoser personally would not be surprised that he's fighting fires in S-2T's as his "retired guy" job.

yes..he is one of the coolest guys ive ever had the pleasure of meeting.....he does sound cantankerous on the radio though...he wont take any guff from "new" air attack officers...its kind of fun to listen to him put them in thier place on the radio...most times he could wait until they are on the ground at base...but he lets em know at the time...and its never mean...he uses words and encouragment,,,but also puts them in thier place....lol....his voice is gravely and course which makes him sound rough....