PDA

View Full Version : FSX DVC technical question....

Warrant
June 22nd, 2011, 07:22
Sometimes i encounter slow graphic build-up when switching from outside view to DVC, when in heavy scenery. The priority of building up the DVC picture always starts with the VC itself, and then the outside view.
E.g. First the vc outlines (grey) are displayed, then panels, instruments, cockpit lights etc become visible, and finally the outside world through the cockpit windows.

Is there a way to change build-up sequence?

In other words, can i manually program to build-up outside view first, and then the inside of the DVC?

Roger
June 22nd, 2011, 09:00
I get the outside view first then the panel and cockpit last!

Warrant
June 22nd, 2011, 09:10
I get the outside view first then the panel and cockpit last!

That's odd and interesting, Roger. I wonder how that can be. I never found a setting in the options that could trigger a different build-up sequence.

I run Windows Vista Ultimate, with 2 x 8800GT (SLI configured) graphic cards, 8 GB memory and FSX with acceleration on a dual core processor.

Perhaps a difference of graphic drivers or configuration makes the difference?

I hope to find out if this can be manipulated. Perhaps more people have different experiences, or better, knowledge how to go around this sequence?

michael davies
June 22nd, 2011, 09:37
Sometimes i encounter slow graphic build-up when switching from outside view to DVC, when in heavy scenery. The priority of building up the DVC picture always starts with the VC itself, and then the outside view.
E.g. First the vc outlines (grey) are displayed, then panels, instruments, cockpit lights etc become visible, and finally the outside world through the cockpit windows.

Is there a way to change build-up sequence?

In other words, can i manually program to build-up outside view first, and then the inside of the DVC?

There is no way to program how FSX loads models, odd that Roger has the load sequence the other way?, mine is the same as yours and always has been through every version of the franchise and PC I've owned, but that's not to say others mileage may vary. There are only two solutions, get a better PC that can handle the large memory loading required :), or fly aircraft that are not poly hungry or texture intensive :). I always understood the sim to load the model, then the textures and then the glass last, you may also find the same when switching outside, a grey aircraft, then textures and then see through windows.

Your basic problem is simple graphics overload for your set up.

Best

Michael