PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of half-finished DP files

JapLance
June 21st, 2011, 23:44
I was revising my CFS2 files to back up to DVD and make room on my hard drive when I came across this files.

When I started flying CFS2 I found out that the damage profiles of the planes were, mostly in the shape of the planes, very rustic: wings 3x the real thickness and done in a single box, parts of the plane with no damage boxes... The 1% planes were a magnificent exception to all that, but I never fully understood the way they handled the damage, and also was only a small number of planes, most of them old in the looks department.

So I started creating more accurate .dp files for many of the planes I was using. Little by little the number was growing, and I spent longer creating them than using them. And they were too many to test them very seriously.

This is an example of the shape of the boxes for Thicko's MS.406:

I'm not flying CFS2 for the moment, and I'm not working on them anymore, but I thought that it wouldn't hurt anybody to make them public. If someone else finds them useful, great. If anybody wants to work further on them to make them better, feel free to do it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OATSSR4Z

They're text files, and at the top of everyone of them I wrote the model and author it belongs to. I used a large number of objects to make the payloads, trying to be historical, that may be difficult to trace. This file lists most of them, with download links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IY5QPLAC

Finally, I'd like to thank to all the mod creators that made me enjoy CFS2 for such a long time. They made CFS2 much better than it was in its stock version. Also to the creator of DPed, Yusaku Homma (I wouldn't have started this without a graphical tool), and to the (by me) unknown creators of Aircraft Container Manager, that helped me "see" in a 3D grid the newer models that DPed couldn't handle .

Discus
June 22nd, 2011, 07:11
They will shurely be useful for many, as was and is for me your weapon list file. I have used it many times before looking for missing weapons.

Your MS-406 damage boxes look impressive!!

Cheers, Discus