PDA

View Full Version : Default Cessna 172 sound

hurricane3
June 16th, 2011, 16:03
Have a strange minor problem with the default Cessna 172 soung. Before just a while ago you could always hear the plane running at idle when it was first loaded. Now you can't hear anything but a very slight kind of frying noice, until you give it throttle then it sound like before. I had to turn the aircraft sound way up just to get the frying noice. The only change I've made is loading the ALPHA Pensacola @ CVN69 scenery, and the N3N floatplane.
From the exterior the plane sounds as always ,it's just from the cockpit that you can't hear the engine running.
As far I could check the other planes are ok with the engine sound at idle ,the only plane seems to be the default Cessna.
It seems something happened to the sound config for the interior. If you shut down the engine , and restart the engines makes the shutdown sound and startup but as soon as it settles to idle it get very quiet.
I replaced the sound file,(but backed it up) with the sound file from the Realair Cessna 172 and now it's fine,so I'am guessing somthing happened to the sound config file.
Any ideas on what might have happened?

SpitXIV
June 16th, 2011, 20:18
hurricane3,

Try removing the ALPHA Pensacola @ CVN69 scenery, and the N3N floatplane scenery and see what that does. This may or may not be the problem but it's a start. This is one of the reasons I don't use 3rd party scenery.

hurricane3
June 17th, 2011, 05:01
Thats a god idea but since I now have idle sound( thats all it was just the idle sound) since I replaced the default Cessna sound folder with the RealAir Cessna sound folder and now I have idle sound in the default C 172 ,I kinda hate to uninstall the scenery , I could disable them by just clicking the box beside the scenery and put back the default sound folder and see wht happens.

hurricane3
June 17th, 2011, 07:59
I tried disableing , Penscola @ CVN69 and took out the N3N and put back the old sound file but still no idle sounds from the cockpit. Put everything back and put back the RealAir C172 sound file and have idle sound once again. If the scenery or N3N did do something to change the stock sound file it 's still there. Luckily the RealAir C 172 sound file is the same as the oridginal so it works.
Can't imagine why one sound file would be effected this way. Thanks for your suggestion.

Desert Rat
June 17th, 2011, 11:00
you say you put in the real air sounds, did you previously intall the whole realair 172? It has updated flight dynamics and this may have caused your problem as the default sounds are set up to use the default FM. The realair ones are probably included as they had to be adjusted to suit the new updated FM.

Jamie

hurricane3
June 17th, 2011, 12:58
I pit in the RealAir sounds after I found the default c 172 cockpit idle sound didn't work any more.

Desert Rat
June 17th, 2011, 13:18
sorry, don't know then.

hurricane3
June 17th, 2011, 13:22
I do have the full RealAir C 172 installed. I tried flying the Default C 172 with the Real Air sounds and other than wind noise it flys as before. The whole point of installing the RealAir C 172 sound is for some reason I lost the default idle sound from the default C 172. Had sound as soon as I gave it throttle and there was sound from outside, but in the cockpit there was no sound at idle.
Also if I shut down the engine by pulling off the mixture it sounded normal ,same when start up ,but as soon as it settled to idle the sound was gone from inside the cockpit.

hurricane3
June 17th, 2011, 13:49
Since you had me worried that somthing bad might happen with the RealAir sound I found a new sound pack for the default C 172 from Flightsim, (also works with the C 150) and downloaded it and installed it. Works fine a very different sound than the default C 172, but would still like to know why the stock idle sound went bad.