PDA

View Full Version : Very stupid question

italoc
June 16th, 2011, 08:24
Hi everybody
I am so ashamed to come with a question like this, anyway I ask because is my last hope: I am trying to reinstall FSX Deluxe on my son's computer, but unfortunately he has only disk ONE and I cannot find the others :bump: (he is not a kid anymore -he has two beautiful girls that I love more then anything else - but he has not yet learned how to keep his stuff in a proper order)
Anyone knows if there is any chance chance to get from Microsoft a new full set of FSX (supplying a complete Product Key, being this a legitimate copy purchased regularly from a shop) ??????
Thanks in advance for any help :wiggle::wiggle:

ITALO

jmig
June 16th, 2011, 08:51
Hi everybody
I am so ashamed to come with a question like this, anyway I ask because is my last hope: I am trying to reinstall FSX Deluxe on my son's computer, but unfortunately he has only disk ONE and I cannot find the others :bump: (he is not a kid anymore -he has two beautiful girls that I love more then anything else - but he has not yet learned how to keep his stuff in a proper order)
Anyone knows if there is any chance chance to get from Microsoft a new full set of FSX (supplying a complete Product Key, being this a legitimate copy purchased regularly from a shop) ??????
Thanks in advance for any help :wiggle::wiggle:

ITALO

I would think the easiest way might be to purchased a copy from Wal-Mart or some such store. I think it can be had for $25 or less. Look for the Gold Edition.

kilo delta
June 16th, 2011, 08:55
Or if you have someone local that has a copy of FSX (versions must be identical,naturally) maybe you could borrow their discs and install with your own key? :)

Daveroo
June 16th, 2011, 09:05
sorry i cant remember where i saw it ( altho it may have been frys) i saw FSX gold for 14.95 USD,id just shop for a new set and start over at the new prices,,,,

italoc
June 16th, 2011, 09:30
Thank you guys
It means that I'll go out and buy a new copy and make a present to my son telling him is a gift from the girls for father day :wiggle::applause::medals:

ITALO

warchild
June 16th, 2011, 09:40
Youve got a great heart italo.. Should be more peole in the world like yourself :)..
Heres a quick link to the copy at amazon. it isnt too expensive, but i've seen cheaper as well, but just cant remember where they were off the top of my head...
Pam

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Deluxe-DVD-Pc/dp/B000GCJ6MK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308245921&sr=8-2

krazycolin
June 16th, 2011, 12:02
Btw, I hardly think that your question is stupid... it's a nice smart fatherly type of question that I find endearing...

Meshman
June 16th, 2011, 12:22
Or if you have someone local that has a copy of FSX (versions must be identical,naturally) maybe you could borrow their discs and install with your own key? :)

Using this thought to work from, if your copy of FSX is the same release as your son's copy I would see about making a copy of your disk #2 for him. A tool such as Nero or others like that will make good copies.

Lest anyone think this involves some hanky-panky, disk #2 is worthless without disk #1 and disk #1 is worthless without a valid product key.

Think this serves as a reminder that it wouldn't hurt me to make archival copies of MY FSX disks!

Walter
June 16th, 2011, 12:32
Sometimes if you make 2nd disks of programs, the computer won't read it. My brother tried to do that with his version of Sim City 4, and it didn't work. Making a back up disk didn't work for him, but I don't know if it will work for FSX.

Walter

Dangerousdave26
June 16th, 2011, 13:46
My vote is go out and find a copy of FSX Gold before you can not find one. It should be around $30 US and the addition of Acceleration is worth it. If you were to buy acceleration by its self it would cost you $20 anyway.