PDA

View Full Version : Windows seven

oakfloor
June 16th, 2011, 08:12
Well I finaly got it and what a differance my computer runs so much better as with FSX performance also. But now my radios dont work in FSX, any thoughts on what happind? Is there a dedicated thread somewhere on Win 7 and FSX? thanks for the help.

jp
June 16th, 2011, 08:41
By radios not working, do you mean you can't hear anything, as in when you use the atc function in free flight you can't hear what the controller is saying? Because I am running Windows 7, and I have this problem, and I cannot hear when other players talk to one another during multiplayer..... Does anyone know why this would be so, and how to fix it?

thanks,
jp

rvn817j
June 16th, 2011, 08:46
By radios not working, do you mean you can't hear anything, as in when you use the atc function in free flight you can't hear what the controller is saying? Because I am running Windows 7, and I have this problem, and I cannot hear when other players talk to one another during multiplayer..... Does anyone know why this would be so, and how to fix it?

thanks,
jp

I would consider re-installing the drivers for your sound chip / sound card / motherboard. The drivers may not be Win 7 drivers.

oakfloor
June 16th, 2011, 16:32
Yes I can hear no radio chatter.

stansdds
June 17th, 2011, 02:08
I would consider re-installing the drivers for your sound chip / sound card / motherboard. The drivers may not be Win 7 drivers.
Yep, that's a great place to start, but do you hear other sounds, like engines and sounds when you play videos?

Bjoern
June 17th, 2011, 08:54
Check your windows sound configuration.

With a 2.1 sound system configured as a 6.1 system in Windows (or your sond driver config tool), ATC gets shuffeled to an extra channel which isn't output on your speakers.

At least that's what happened to me once or twice.

jp
June 17th, 2011, 14:11
Yes, I hear engines and other noise, but only voice is missing....

oakfloor
June 20th, 2011, 09:55
Check your windows sound configuration.

With a 2.1 sound system configured as a 6.1 system in Windows (or your sond driver config tool), ATC gets shuffeled to an extra channel which isn't output on your speakers.

At least that's what happened to me once or twice.
well it's a new win 7 install, so I would asume the correct drivers are already there? So where do I find the file to check if it's a 2.1 or 6.1? Thanks.

Bjoern
June 20th, 2011, 13:25
Control panel and "Sound Configuration" or something like that.

oakfloor
June 20th, 2011, 21:28
Control panel and "Sound Configuration" or something like that. does not help, also my edition of FSX is not supported by windows 7 only acceleraton is according to the micro$oft help site.

oakfloor
June 21st, 2011, 22:19
Well it finely came to me, I forgot to install Service pack 1 and 2 and now I have radio chatter.. too simple.:jump:

Bjoern
June 22nd, 2011, 03:50
Never knew SP1 and 2 could make that kind of difference, but well, good to know.