PDA

View Full Version : I have an announcement...

Rami
June 15th, 2011, 19:51
Good evening,

The Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup...for the first time since 1972!!!

Aside from my children being born and getting married, this is one of the greatest nights of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next stop...A Stanley Cup Parade!

Oh....and the playoff beard comes off tomorrow morning. I'll do an after pic for you! :guinness:

Naismith
June 15th, 2011, 23:13
Congratulations. Sadly some of our young people decided to riot in downtown Van. Torching police and civilian cars, looting Sears etc. Disgraceful. I'm embarassed to be a Canuck tonight.

Rami
June 16th, 2011, 05:10
Good morning,

I am now sans-playoff beard!

And Naismith, I was very sad to hear about the events in Vancouver.

Jagdflieger
June 16th, 2011, 06:18
Congratulations to your Bruins Rami. I was rooting for the Canuks though.

Damn shame about the behavior of the fans in Vancouver. What posseses people to do that?

Rami
June 16th, 2011, 07:01
Jagd,

Alcohol-fueled angst. And, some people are just hooligans. :a1451:

Rami
June 16th, 2011, 07:17
Our father who art in Boston. Hockey be thy name. Thy will be done, the cup will be won. On ice, as well as in the stands. Give us this day our hockey sticks. And forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who cross-check against us. Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory. In the name of the fans, Lord Stanley, and in the name of da Bruins.

Amen.

aeronca1
June 16th, 2011, 07:26
The feeling was great, though not the same as back in the 70's. Shame about those rioters in Vancouver. Twice now, they don't deserve a team..........

Rami
June 16th, 2011, 07:34
The feeling was great, though not the same as back in the 70's. Shame about those rioters in Vancouver. Twice now, they don't deserve a team..........

Aeronca1,

You can't compare one team to another. Each has their own stamp, an indelible mark, if you will. Orr, Esposito, and Cheevers have their own legend. Now, it's our turn.

Another quote I love..."Tim Thomas taught Jesus how to save."

Warm up those duck boats, we have another parade! Saturday, 11am! :icon29:

pilottj
June 16th, 2011, 17:34
Congradulations to the Bruins, every major sports team in Boston has won their respective championships within the last what, 7 years or so? That is awesome!

That stinks about the rioters in Vancouver, I know they are the vast minority of Canuck fans.

When the Giants won it all there were a handful of drunk hooligans doing stupid things in a crowd of millions. There were 6 arrests I think, tho not as bad as the media tried to make it out to be.

Kiwikat
June 16th, 2011, 18:44
Damn shame about the behavior of the fans in Vancouver. What posseses people to do that?

Ain't nothin compared to all the soccer riots... :mixedsmi: :mixedsmi: :mixedsmi:

I too was rootin for the Canucks. Oh well. :173go1:

Cees Donker
June 17th, 2011, 06:07
Leave the beard on Andrew!

Cees

Shadow Wolf 07
June 17th, 2011, 06:23
Actually, I like the furry version of Rami better. Congrats on the Bruins' victory!

aeronca1
June 17th, 2011, 06:38
Aeronca1,

You can't compare one team to another. Each has their own stamp, an indelible mark, if you will. Orr, Esposito, and Cheevers have their own legend. Now, it's our turn.

I didn't mean to throw cold water, it's just that there didn't seem to be the same enthusiasm displayed. It seemed rather ho-hum. It may be because it was on the road, but "something" was missing.....

Another quote I love..."Tim Thomas taught Jesus how to save."

:icon_lol: Your quote reminds me of a sign in the crowd during those 70's years... "Jesus saves.... BUT, Esposito scores on the rebound"

Warm up those duck boats, we have another parade! Saturday, 11am! :icon29:

Oh how I wish I could be there!!!!!!

Rami
June 17th, 2011, 07:00
I didn't mean to throw cold water, it's just that there didn't seem to be the same enthusiasm displayed. It seemed rather ho-hum. It may be because it was on the road, but "something" was missing.....

:icon_lol: Your quote reminds me of a sign in the crowd during those 70's years... "Jesus saves.... BUT, Esposito scores on the rebound"

Oh how I wish I could be there!!!!!!

Matt,

Part of the issue is the notion of being spoiled, I suppose. Since 2001, we have seen three Super Bowl titles, Two World Series titles, an NBA championship, and now a Stanley Cup. Can you name another city that has seen seven championships in a single decade?

CrisGer
June 17th, 2011, 10:48
I checked up on the situation in Vancouver as that sounded very unusual for them, and it turns out it is another case of the media going wild with sensationalism. The small group of people responsible for the violence were anarchists wearing team uniforms, carrying weapons, gas masks, petrol and fire extinguishers to use as weapons. they were well organized and torched cars, broke store windows and attacked people with knives to give the impression of fans rioting. It is a sad thing when the news media has become sensation mongers ...they showed the same behavior when they all acted so barbarously and rudely in Japan, focusing on the nucelar accident and ignoring the noble behavior of the people, and criticizing the government and all who were trying bravely to help. I have zero respect for almost all of the US media now, and Vancouver is just another sad bad example shame on them.