PDA

View Full Version : Wyld On Deck!/ USS Lexington CV16

Wyld45
June 15th, 2011, 06:48
Was going to post these yesterday untill I got caught up in the "Belle" crash,plus
I'm still recovering from too much Texas sun on my legs. I was so thrilled at being
able to walk on some history,(the "burn" was worth it.) So here I am with my
family on vacation aboard the "Lexington".

40065 40066 40067 40068 40069 40070 40071 40072

As far as the planes,the one on the flight deck I believe is a "Trojan",the yellow
one is a (Texan? correct me if Im wrong.) The Blue one a TBM Avenger.

popsaka
June 15th, 2011, 07:01
...at least someone has nice legs in the family and I don't mean the one with the cap... :applause:
ooo I'd love to take the Texan for a putt... Thanks so much for the pix and the post, mate.

Wyld45
June 15th, 2011, 07:20
...at least someone has nice legs in the family and I don't mean the one with the cap... :applause:
ooo I'd love to take the Texan for a putt... Thanks so much for the pix and the post, mate.

Haah!...Duly noted on the wonderful Daughter Mate! Wouldnt trade her for
the "Lexy".

loverboy1
June 15th, 2011, 10:32
lol no comment ....but nice plane and cap

bonefish
June 18th, 2011, 16:00
My Dad flew on the Lex, and served as the "Air Boss". I got to go on several "Dependants Cruises".

Willy
June 18th, 2011, 16:35
Nice to see pics of my old ship. I was a crewmember from 1976 to 1978 in the "Diesel Gang".

Yep, the aircraft on the flight deck is a T-28 Trojan. I remember when the Navy was still flying 'em.

Larry S. Wright
June 19th, 2011, 08:26
I live right across the bay from the Lady Lex in Ingleside. It sure is nice to see the old ghost with all the aircraft on her deck as you drive over the Harbor Bridge. I'm sure there's a million or more picts of her online. My dad was on APA175 Karnes at Okinawa and Japan in WWII. Before he passed in 2007, I asked him if he wanted to tour the Lex, sadly he said no, he had seen his lifetimes worth of warships, I didn't understand, me being fasinated with WWII, I didn't realize the heros who were really there remember it in a way we could never understand. Still I'm grateful everytime I look over the bridge and see her there, she's beautiful!

FireStorm II
June 19th, 2011, 17:06
Hi Wyld,

Nice shots. The yellow plane would be a Harvard! :icon_lol:
Hey, Sean, hope you still have the RC Trojan.

Wyld45
June 19th, 2011, 19:13
I live right across the bay from the Lady Lex in Ingleside. It sure is nice to see the old ghost with all the aircraft on her deck as you drive over the Harbor Bridge. I'm sure there's a million or more picts of her online. My dad was on APA175 Karnes at Okinawa and Japan in WWII. Before he passed in 2007, I asked him if he wanted to tour the Lex, sadly he said no, he had seen his lifetimes worth of warships, I didn't understand, me being fasinated with WWII, I didn't realize the heros who were really there remember it in a way we could never understand. Still I'm grateful everytime I look over the bridge and see her there, she's beautiful!

Wished I would've known sooner Larry. We were at the RV park-beach
enjoying some cool ones. I would've saved you a beer!