PDA

View Full Version : Malta Spitfire lives again...

Rami
June 12th, 2011, 15:04
To all,

I have released a completely overhauled Malta Spitfire campaign, originally an older Groundcrew version, created by Cliff Burgess. The scenery has been modified & updated to utilize the fantastic Malta scenery by Brunosk, as well as a modernized and expanded list of aircraft. Additionally, some of the missions are now very dynamic, and all of the missions feature improved triggers and events, resulting in a much more enjoyable experience.

This is a 15-mission campaign centered around the experiences of a Spitfire pilot from the 249 squadron, based at Ta'Qali during the Spring and Summer of 1942. All of the missions are historically plausible, and are based on events which happened at the time.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=44&id=4212

Please pay attention to the instructions for the Bf-109f, you are essentially creating two aircraft with different abilities and performance characteristics. If you have any questions on that, please don't hesitate to ask.

Also, because this campaign utilizes Brunosk's detailed Malta scenery, this campaign may not work very well on older systems; frame rates may be a bit problematic over the island.

I hope you enjoy!

delta_lima
June 12th, 2011, 15:48
Thanks Rami - looks superb!! DL

Discus
June 12th, 2011, 17:29
Rami

You are giving us presents more quickly than we can unwrap them. Is it Christmas already?

Thanks a lot, Discus

By the way, the other day I was intercepting a flock of He-111 in a Spitfire when suddenly two of them became friendlies (green tag) and stop shooting back, although two others continued in red. The four of them still continued to bomb Kenley. IŽll try to find the mission and look what caused such rare "behaviour".

Discus

Rami
June 12th, 2011, 17:45
Rami

You are giving us presents more quickly than we can unwrap them. Is it Christmas already?

Thanks a lot, Discus

By the way, the other day I was intercepting a flock of He-111 in a Spitfire when suddenly two of them became friendlies (green tag) and stop shooting back, although two others continued in red. The four of them still continued to bomb Kenley. IŽll try to find the mission and look what caused such rare "behaviour".

Discus

Discus,

After my hiatus, I may take a second look at BoB. We'll see...

Captain Kurt
June 14th, 2011, 18:46
And the hits just keep coming. I'm throwing old campaigns away and replacing them with your updates faster than I will be able to fly them. :icon_lol:

Jagdflieger
June 14th, 2011, 21:19
Thanks Rami.

It's the perfect incentive to get an MTO installation up and running again.