PDA

View Full Version : Dinghy needed!

ndicki
June 12th, 2011, 04:23
With all these beautiful seaplanes we now have, we could do with a couple of dinghies - say, one fighter-type and one bomber-type, so there's another aspect of things we could cover with some Air-Sea Rescue missions. And maybe a Carley float or ship's boat or something, complete with distress flares or rockets... Far beyond my abilities or I'd have tried it myself, but I'm sure somebody could put something together.

Interested?

popsaka
June 12th, 2011, 05:37
...plus wasn't there supposed to be a dingy attached to one of the biplanes? A Swordfish?, or a Gladiator?... or a Lizzie? :mixedsmi: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/phylo_roadking/LSbomb2.jpg

ndicki
June 12th, 2011, 10:16
A number of aircraft had something similar - start with those used by the FAA. On the Gladiator, for example, it was in a streamlined housing under the fuselage.

I was actually thinking simply of a model that could be place like a ship as an objective in a mission - though quite how you could make the mission's success dependent on picking up the bod in the dinghy, I'd rather leave to more capable hands as well!

popsaka
June 12th, 2011, 21:50
... this could also lead to ''spy'' missions where the pick up can be so challenging...:mixedsmi:

ndicki
June 12th, 2011, 22:27
There you are... There's a GC rescue buoy, but it's not a dinghy or little rowing boat, shrimping boat, etc, etc. Lots of potential ideas in this.

Led Zeppelin
June 13th, 2011, 02:41
Nice to see you around again Nigel!

Actually, there is only one 3d model for the dinghy and yes, it's a shame.

The one with the green dye marker made by O1-driver and released by HH is a nice improvement.

In the mission pack I'm working on, I plan to build a historicall rescue mission (Luftwaffe, Do24), i have several ideas to make it different.

Regarding the flares, I think it could be possible to use the same effect as the one used by the 'RAF_caravan_red' vehicule in ETO.

ndicki
June 13th, 2011, 07:41
The one with the green dye marker made by O1-driver and released by HH is a nice improvement.

Blank look....