PDA

View Full Version : Weird issue with AFCAD.exe and scenery indexes

r678idtyj
June 12th, 2011, 03:25
For a few months now, AFCAD is refusing to access any airport in North America, indicating "unknown" instead of "stock" or "mod". This only affects NA, all other zones are ok.

I've tried deleting/recreating all the relevant index files in FS to no avail.....interestingly there is no visible consequence in FS itself, all sceneries show up and work as they should.

Is anyone familiar or aware of such a problem? I'm suspecting the index size that's readable by AFCAD is limited somehow and between the MAIW scenery, custom airports and manual mods I may have reached it for that geographic zone?

java2srv
June 12th, 2011, 18:44
Do not recall very well but I believe there's an index file in the AFCAD directory. You may want to try to rename it or move it out of the folder and then start AFCAD and let it rebuild its local list.

Not in front of my FS system so can't verify. This makes this a guess but I think worth a look.

:-)

r678idtyj
June 13th, 2011, 12:07
Well, it looks like it did the trick! I have to thank you even more since I KNOW I've done exactly that in the past......it just waited 'til now to work:icon_lol::icon_lol: