PDA

View Full Version : Addon Converter X

T Square
June 11th, 2011, 16:38
I was browsing the other day and came across this program called Addon Converter X at : http://www.flightsimtools.com/adconvx/ and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it ? Does it work ? Opinions ?

Meshman
June 11th, 2011, 16:56
I don't have it, so I've never used it. But I stop by regularly at the site to keep up to speed on the developer's projects. He's the mind behind Instant Scenery, AFX, FS Discover, Heli Traffic 2009 and so on.

The best I recall from the forums is that it works well on some conversions, but not all. You do have the ability to try a demo or it's sold via the Flight1 system, which offers a 30 day money back option if you don't like it.

pbearsailor
June 11th, 2011, 17:56
I've had it for quite awhile and it does work.

I've been running DX10 nearly all the time and the portover planes I have mostly work pretty well. MAAM Avenger, for one, looks great with it in DX10. Sometimes there are some bad textures but for the most part it is running all the time and I don't even think about it.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

vora
June 12th, 2011, 01:29
I used it for some time to make portovers' textures visible in FSX, which it did flawlessly, but I deinstalled it because it was causing problems with scenery textures (at that time Orbx PNW and PFJ, and only there!). The texture blending was totally borked.
If you're registered on OrbX forums you can see some example pics of this effect (last post):
My thread in OrbX Support (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/26689-pnwpfj-texure-problem/page__p__230065#entry230065)

It could well be that an unholy combination of addons (like GEX, REX and OrbX "texture flow") has caused this. Maybe others don't have this problem. I only know that deinstalling Addon Converter X did solve my problems with scenery blending.

Currently there are so many true FSX planes that I don't feel the need to use portovers anymore. Textures aren't their only problems in FSX.