PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for me on Nvidia GT 430?

Paul Anderson
June 11th, 2011, 13:07
Had spent long, long time getting FSX to play nice with old GT 9600 card - it died (well, the red colour died). Got GT 430 from store today and looks like I'm starting all over.
Installed latest drivers, deleted & reinstalled NVidia inspector program and applied old tweaks, started fresh after terrible lags. Anyone been down this road and has some positive results you can share some settings?

Paul Anderson
June 16th, 2011, 09:10
apply tweaks one at a time and run fsx each time to check ok.
mipbias tweak is a killer - don't do it.
when fps is ok using nvidiainspector, change terrain texture number using editor, not in game - it mucks up your other changes
reinstall display driver, there were slightly offshaded sections on the screen.

stansdds
June 17th, 2011, 02:07
Well, if you really must know... I think the 430 is a bottom-of-the-barrel card. The 430 is not a gaming or sim card, but is good for web browsing and watching movies. One of the best cards in the 400 series and the best value is the GT460.

Paul Anderson
June 17th, 2011, 23:10
and the card is faulty, after about 10 hours the vc was breakimg up and framerates jumping all over. Can't tweak with a bad card. Looking for replacement torrow.

Roger
June 18th, 2011, 03:49
I'm happy with the 460.

LouP
June 18th, 2011, 05:15
Just got a vert e-mail from Newegg and there is an EVGA 460 on sale now for about $100.

LouP :salute:

Roadburner440
June 18th, 2011, 05:23
I was just about to pull the trigger on a new card (GTX 570), but after reading a lot about it decided against it. I think for you the upgrade is worth it, but for my I already have a GTX 285.. The video card decision to me seems you are better just sticking with what you have if you just use FSX. Since it is mostly CPU bound. On a side note though did you uninstall the old drivers, and then use Driversweeper to clear out the rest of it. Then install the new drivers? Sometimes remnants can be left behind by the uninstall.