PDA

View Full Version : Have ya finished Christmas shopping yet

hey_moe
December 8th, 2008, 01:58
Linda and I have been out about every weekend. I noticed at CC there are only a few customers in there and there stock is getting low. Across the street is BB and they are packed.Walmart and Target are packed as usual. JC Penny is also busy but Linda and I also noticed the customers are in the store but are still waiting for prices to drop. We have just a few more things to get. It is a sad thing to see the retailers having to suffer like this but it is even more sad to see the auto sales have dropped to almost nothing.

txnetcop
December 8th, 2008, 02:50
We did our part to help the auto retailers and I must admit we got a great deal, but Christmas is going to be real thin this year. Our young serviceman is getting married this married so resources are at an all time low, but we gain a daughter and she's a keeper!
Ted

lifejogger
December 8th, 2008, 04:43
We are staying home this Christmas so we had to get a lot of our Christmas presents purchased early in order to mail them so they would be there for Christmas. I haven't bought my wife's gift yet because she keeps changing her Christmas list.:banghead:

Moparmike
December 8th, 2008, 05:01
Finished? Heck I haven't even started yet.

I still got a couple weeks! LOL

cheezyflier
December 8th, 2008, 08:49
i was done before i ever started. no job, no money, no presents.
well, a little money i been squirreling away just for the wife. but she's easy to buy for.

Craig Taylor
December 8th, 2008, 09:05
We do most of our shopping online because I can comparison-shop without having to drive all over heck's half-creation to do it. We did take advantage of a Lord & Taylor's consolidation/liquidation sale to buy my wife some nice gold jewelry at a deep discount on Black Friday (they were bought out last year as part of the big May Co. buy-out of Federated Dept Stores). We didn't think the crowds were that bad this year, but then again we didn't get out until after lunch so maybe we missed the rush. I want to buy my first HDTV this season, along with a PS3, but am waiting for the prices to drop on the model I want.

I hope everyone has a nice Christmas this year, with the people they want to be with. :santahat:

Wulf190
December 8th, 2008, 10:40
Still trying to get everything together. Not much left to get, but still a pain....:banghead:

Dangerousdave26
December 8th, 2008, 11:35
No and I have to start early this year as Christmas falls on the 19th

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2008, 11:41
My wife does the Christmas shopping, and she has barely gotten started.

That, in itself, has got me worried.

NC

Odie
December 8th, 2008, 11:42
Did a bunch of online stuff and made a trip to BB and got the bulk of my son's list.

I'm about 80% done in total. Coupla more outings and I'll have it wrapped up ! Yes, pun intended ! :costumes:

OBIO
December 8th, 2008, 16:27
I just did the only Christmas shopping I will be doing this year.....I got on Amazon.com and ordered two DVDs for my wife. It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story. She also wanted Wizard of Oz, but the cheapest DVD they had was a used one at nearly $50...and that is just way too expensive for a movie.

My wife keeps asking what I want for Christmas and I tell her that I don't want anything other than for her to continue getting better and to come home to me. I have more Playstation 2 games than I know what to do with, and which I rarely ever play anyhow. I have a killer PC, CFS2 loaded with more planes that I can count. She keeps asking me if I want a new joystick but the one I have is working just fine. The things I would want she won't let me have (motor cycle, spider, snake, scorpion) or we can't afford (motor cycle, 67 Chevy Nova, 77 Chevy Blazer 4X4, a real airplane and pilot training).

OBIO

PeteHam
December 8th, 2008, 17:12
Finished? Heck I haven't even started yet.

I still got a couple weeks! LOL

Same here ..... no sweat .... plenty of time :icon_lol:

Pete.

crashaz
December 8th, 2008, 17:15
I am in the shop in the last week camp too. :redface:

Henry
December 8th, 2008, 17:16
Christmas is it here again:banghead:
H

Kofschip
December 8th, 2008, 18:20
Christmas is it here again:banghead:
H

Yes, Henry, there is a Santa Claus...... Or was it Virginia?:costumes::costumes:

hey_moe
December 9th, 2008, 01:12
I have no idea what to get Linda. She said she doesn't need anything or wait anything. She has everything a woman want as so do I..lol

Snuffy
December 9th, 2008, 03:05
I have no idea what to get Linda. She said she doesn't need anything or wait anything. She has everything a woman want as so do I..lol

Does she?

Why not give her the gift of time for herself?

Go find a local "beauty spa/therapy" place where they massage and groome and do the mud bath thing or whatever and let her have time for herself while she enjoys being pampered? And get her an all day, all procedure/process gift certificate.

I know if I had a woman in my life that I could lavish something like this on her I wouldn't hesitate. (Such is the life of a single guy :( )

<edit> Let me add that this place should be the poshest place you can find and not some quick pick ... it may take some research, but I'm sure you might find something of what you're looking for in Williamsburg. </edit>

cheezyflier
December 9th, 2008, 05:39
guys - as brothers we all need to stick together. in that regard, i am posting this informational video. don't let this be you:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2077360/beware_of_the_doghouse_hilarious/

GT182
December 9th, 2008, 07:29
At least this didn't happen in the "Dog House"...... http://www.metacafe.com/watch/173005/pool_prank/

Odie
December 9th, 2008, 09:38

Hey Moe, get her something.....anything! Four years into my 34 year marriage, my wife told me the same thing and I believed her and didn't get her anything ! Spent the next 364 days paying for that bit of brain lock and inexperience!

If she likes DVD's, I can recommend an Austrailian TV series called "McLeod's Daughters". Trust me, if she likes the soap opera style shows, this one will fill the bill nicely. They've been releasing the series on American region DVD's and it's available from Amazon. It's definitely something different !