PDA

View Full Version : A new CFS 2 and some arguments in favour

dog1
June 7th, 2011, 17:55
Now that COD is out the technology is available to develope a new CFS2.Most Sim players PC's can handle what is required to run a major upgrade.What surprises me most is that they still cant provide fundementals such as original engine and gun sounds.Real weather technology is available as well as an add on to most sims but they stick to their closed architecture policy which is a big handicap to any sim development.Many must be frustrated at having invested heavily in their pc's hoping to run the sim without any setbacks but all i read is complaints.Then to cool everyone by declaring that in the coming months they will look into sounds etc what have they been doing for 6 years ? If we can have a new CFS2 with a new world 3D map,new objects,weather options and keep the policy of open architecture the developer wont really have to do that much since the rest will come along not to mention third party contracting.I am getting old now and i would love to have one more go before i become history as well.

bearcat241
June 8th, 2011, 04:53
When you look at the current trends in game design, the latest flight sims in particular, you get the impression that CFS2 was simply a beautiful "anomaly" in its day, never to be repeated. With the exception of FSX as a close runner, nothing currently out there possesses all of the best features of CFS2 including open architecture. Add CFS2-style mission building, AI combat and similar weapons and damage programming to FSX and we have a new winner.

Wulf190
June 8th, 2011, 04:58
When you look at the current trends in game design, the latest flight sims in particular, you get the impression that CFS2 was simply a beautiful "anomaly" in its day, never to be repeated again. With the exception of FSX as a close runner, nothing currently out there possesses all of the best features of CFS2 including open architecture. Add CFS2-style mission building, AI combat and similar weapons and damage programming to FSX and we have a new winner.

And some people wonder why I'm still running this fantastic 10 (soon to be 11) year old sim!

Robert John
June 8th, 2011, 08:35
Now that COD is out the technology is available to develope a new CFS2.
Do not understand COD.

UncleTgt
June 8th, 2011, 08:45
Now that COD is out the technology is available to develope a new CFS2.
Do not understand COD.

Robert, It's IL 2 "Cliffs of Dover" that Dog1 is referring to ...:kilroy:

Pen32Win
June 8th, 2011, 14:04
And I thought he was talking about Fish!!! LOL

Bearcat, I've been long hoping and praying for MS to do exactly that....... "CFSX"
Break out the check book the second that happens.... though from the sounds in the wind I'll be very blue in the face and on the wrong side of the Green Stuff when it happens....

dog1
June 8th, 2011, 15:05
I see a lot of mistakes in 1C companies approach to dealing with sims,they want to keep "the secret" and control it this is a huge handicap and they fail to cure this paranoia.Evidence shows they cannot handle it because a real sim is too big for one team to handle ,too many elements,its the whole world The good intentions and quality are there but they are limited and handicapped by the size of the work required vis a vis cost,it took more than half a decade to get this far when it could have been done in maybe half the time and left the rest to the comunity.Why cant MS subcontract FSX to a team for the basic transformation and leave the rest to approved developers giving them the initial tech support needed to accomplish their work,objects,skining,etc etc COD would be a fraction in comparison.If COD sells 1 CFSX would sell 5.