PDA

View Full Version : USB Display

LouP
June 7th, 2011, 17:15
Is there any way to get a small 7 in USB monitor to work in FSX. I added one the other day with the intention of dragging instruments over to it but when I drag them over they stop working. I don't see the USB display driver as one of my display selections in the options while running FSX but I do see three nVidia display adapters there (I have two other monitors) . When I run the nVidia settings manager I do not see the USB device anywhere. I need to go to system devices in Windows to see it. The bad thing is that the undocked instruments won't even wotk on my second monitor now. I have no problem using all three monitors in windows it' seems like FSX can't just configure itself properly. Any help would be much appreciated.

LouP :wavey:

MarkH
June 7th, 2011, 23:12
Is there any way to get a small 7 in USB monitor to work in FSX. I added one the other day with the intention of dragging instruments over to it but when I drag them over they stop working. I don't see the USB display driver as one of my display selections in the options while running FSX but I do see three nVidia display adapters there (I have two other monitors) . When I run the nVidia settings manager I do not see the USB device anywhere. I need to go to system devices in Windows to see it. The bad thing is that the undocked instruments won't even wotk on my second monitor now. I have no problem using all three monitors in windows it' seems like FSX can't just configure itself properly. Any help would be much appreciated.

LouP :wavey:

Been there, with a 7" Mimo monitor. Tucked away in the small print was 'doesn't support applications that use DirectX, such as games...'. Luckily Amazon took it back.

Chris Sykes
June 8th, 2011, 01:47
think a certian type of small digital picture frames will work as you would like, however for the costs of one it would be cheaper to purchase a small LCD monitor and have a bigger clearer panel!

LouP
June 8th, 2011, 20:15
Thanks but thats a bummer. Another question. I have a GTX480 card in my machine now, can I throw an el-cheapo card in my machine for the sole purpose of running a third monitor that would carry some instrumentation only? If possible, what card would be good for that? I am not looking for something in SLI as a second GTX 480 would be way overkill. I'm building a mini sim pit here and will post pitcures when I am done.

Thanks,
LouP

strykerpsg
June 19th, 2011, 22:04
Lou,

I also use the Mimo 7" monitor, but in conjunction with software from Simtouch, here's a link to their website: http://www.simtouch.eu/

The USB works great, as long as you're running FSX in windowed mode. However, I am not certain you can drag parts of your instruments over to the touchscreen monitor. The Simtouch software works great and has instruments available to view on the monitor as well. They have jsut released Simtouch2 (ST2) on their website and its quite anice piece of add on software.

Just a consideration, not sure if it's helpful or not.

Matt

LouP
June 20th, 2011, 16:49
Thanks Matt but I gave up on the little monitor and habded it off to my gf, she loves it and it works perfectly for her needs. I broke down and got a cheapo vid card (GT430) and found a small 14" monitor to plug into it. It pretty much does what I want it to except for a frame rate hit as soon as I put a gauge into windowed mode for some reason. I can run programs outside FS on it with no fps hit and I have the Aerosoft's Flight Calculator on there right now. Give a shout ff anyone knows how to prevent FSX from going into pause mode while working on other programs outside FSX.

LouP

DaveWG
June 21st, 2011, 10:46
Give a shout ff anyone knows how to prevent FSX from going into pause mode while working on other programs outside FSX.

LouP

Go to "options" menu, & select "settings" then "general" and untick the "pause on task switch" box.