PDA

View Full Version : Well, well...Low and behold

TomSteber
June 5th, 2011, 20:26
For those of you that were following my latest trouble with trying to re-install FSX, my story has a happy ending. Figuring that I was going to have to install it up to the point of putting in the product key, I was about to do that. Just then I noticed a file in "My Photos" called "Flight Simulator X" containing photos from in-game. I deleted it. I then re-installed FSX up to the point of putting in the product key. I thought just for kicks I'd try the old number one more time before calling Microsoft... And you know the rest of the story! :jump:
Just trying to re-install all the planes now.
All is right with the world again.

OleBoy
June 5th, 2011, 20:57
Hmmm, remnants :mixedsmi:

SpitXIV
June 5th, 2011, 21:13
For those of you that were following my latest trouble with trying to re-install FSX, my story has a happy ending. Figuring that I was going to have to install it up to the point of putting in the product key, I was about to do that. Just then I noticed a file in "My Photos" called "Flight Simulator X" containing photos from in-game. I deleted it. I then re-installed FSX up to the point of putting in the product key. I thought just for kicks I'd try the old number one more time before calling Microsoft... And you know the rest of the story! :jump:
Just trying to re-install all the planes now.
All is right with the world again.

You better make a copy of that key and save it where you can find it. you never know.

TomSteber
June 6th, 2011, 02:05
You better make a copy of that key and save it where you can find it. you never know.
It's the same one that the game came with. It's right inside the box.
And besides...I'll never have to re-install FSX again. :icon_lol:

CG_1976
June 6th, 2011, 02:25
Looks like im going to plunge lol Im reinstalling FSX Gold for the lost count time lol and never got hit with a MS label. I believe the MS thing is hardware change or OS where serial of FSX get deactivated after so many times and forces you to call the MS center and get reactivated for FSX.

TARPSBird
June 6th, 2011, 03:47
Glad you were able to get FSX back up and running, Tom. Before you reinstall a bunch of scenery stuff, go back and do a recon around Menominee, MI and see if that river's there. :)