PDA

View Full Version : P_51D EVA files

SLIP STREAM
June 5th, 2011, 13:54
i'll be uploading the EVA files for the stock p_51d.the folder will have two xdps.the basic one retains the stock weapon load out and gun crossover.the second xdp has additional weapons and an extended gun crossover.800 and 1200 yds.i'm also includeing an upgrade to the 50calbrowningm2. it has extended range,faster speed and is accurized.the main set is straight drop in.the 2nd one,you will have to have just about every weapon made installed.you will have to track them down.most are avh,the gatling,dpc.njg.that will be the first upload.i'm also putting up my personal p51d.thats the pic showing it.both have been corrected to fly combat capable.at all altitudes. includeing over 30.000 feet. several years ago i got around the altitude scaler.but had to hold these files off.by extending the altitude of the critical altitude scaler. high altitude aircraft will have their power scaler reversed.they will fly faster at high altitude and slower at lower altitude.they way they should.both have been stabalized for all altitudes. the power is raised.cfs3 doesn't provide a way to increase the base power curve.so we are stuck with wep as a substitute.i have set it up so wep never runs out.the p51d was equiped with a 2 stage supercharger.so every time you go to full throttle on this plane.you automaticly hit wep.thats your supercharger.it will sip fuel when off full throttle at 30.000+ft. i have streanghtend the landing gear so it doesn't collapse on hard landings.i also shortened the retractoin and extend time.and raised the damage speed from 124 to 160mph. so you can now get airborn without hurting the gear.as all my eva files the flaps produce lift and drag.
the first upload has directions to convert your other repaints and stock clones. to these files.
my personal plane has the AVH cockpit with rear view.and guns set to the cockpit sight.witch is night lit in this pony.john bravo did a quickie full D-day skin for me.that will be the full plane.both have full exterior effects and lights.
So most know how bad the stock plane flies. this one is a pleasure. it might even get to be your favorite "american" plane now. it should be up in less than 24 hours.
Let the pony rides begin. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: slip

HouseHobbit
June 5th, 2011, 17:41
Bravo Slip Stream.. BRAVO!!
:salute: :salute: :salute:

popsaka
June 5th, 2011, 18:29
...funny coincidence... I wuz just out flying Runny's crazy 600+mph Arado 234 having a helluva time topping angels 30....:mixedsmi:

loverboy1
June 5th, 2011, 18:31
oh my slip .....youve just made my life complete like having my baby ,,,,cant wait to figure out and fly the upcoming slipstream p51...varaitions

popsaka
June 5th, 2011, 18:59
...gee LB, ya say the nicest things...:icon_lol:

HouseHobbit
June 5th, 2011, 21:52
Yea this pony runs very well and true to form..

Easy to see why the p-51 was considered the Best allied fighter of the war with this EVA model..
A Great Job..
BRAVO..

And Thanks very Much we needed this EVA P-51 badly..

SLIP STREAM
June 5th, 2011, 22:37
Josh i hope your wife doesn't read this fourm. thats divorce talk.and thanks but i'm not your type lol. you can unleash the beaver now.but don't take it up with you unless you have a tiny oxygen mask for it, and diapers on him. lmao

and hobbit i spoil you. lol thanks for the pics it should be up reeeeeeeal soon.

greycap.raf
June 6th, 2011, 11:13
Yea this pony runs very well and true to form..

Very well, yes. True to anything, no.

Easy to see why the p-51 was considered the Best allied fighter of the war with this EVA model..

Only that the real P-51 didn't perform like that.

Seriously. Call me the spoilfun or whatever you like but why make something that performs nothing like the real thing and then saying it's "the way it should"? The supercharger critical altitude is 41.000 feet while the real V-1650-7 had it at 26.000 feet or so. After that the performance began to decrease, like it or not. The emergency power was limited to a few minutes for a reason - the engine couldn't take more safely. Running for several hours with the throttle through the gate would have been a guaranteed way to kill a Merlin.

If you think I'm talking through my head and don't know a thing about this stuff check the Bf 109G/K series by ndicki. I fine tuned the engines and propeller efficiency tables for them and they all perform very close to the real things with realistic boost pressures, power ratings and critical altitudes. No tricks, just real life specifications incorporated into the game engine. And I have to say this game engine is pretty damn good in the end when the data used is accurate as a spec change making a certain real life difference produces nearly exactly the same difference in the game.

This special P-51D is a fun little bugger if you like such aircraft, that can't be denied. It's just nothing like a real Mustang which wasn't a super ship by any means, just a good all round fighter roughly on a par with late model Spitfires and Messerschmitts when it came to performance.

loverboy1
June 6th, 2011, 11:57
his special extra branded p51, is a remake of what could/have been .....he ,slipstream , did do a-cfs3 upgrade--- in the sense of the stock/version-cfs3-etc..... and i do see it as being the closest bird we got in cfs3 to the real beast -p51d

as far as i see its a gem ......he , slipstream imho took care of the historical issues and added a fun all in one bird of prey as well - hobbit special lol

now his branded version .. this being the extra loadouts and all ,,,, is a training baby to hit hobbit ........in the air

tks slip

your da man

popsaka
June 6th, 2011, 12:11
...Lads, I dunno just how accurate our flight models are but I do know that when you get up around angels 28 and beyond the air gets real REAL thin... I'm going to go fly the Firepower TA-152H and see how it holds itself up (literally lol) I shall report back....:engel016:

loverboy1
June 6th, 2011, 12:38

hairyspin
June 6th, 2011, 12:47
...Lads, I dunno just how accurate our flight models are...

Well, there are published data for some warbirds, so if a Hurricane model climbs to 20,000 ft in 90 seconds from a standing start, we are entitled to ask politely if realism or phwoarrrr is the intended result? (that's completely out-performing a Bearcat btw)

I had a Spit Mk.V in CFS2 which would out-dogfight Zeros three or four at a time. Lots of fun, but wholly unrealistic: the historically accurate way of outfighting Zeros in a Spit was a boom&zoom fight - but not three or four at a time in a Mk.V!

The flight model debate will likely go on for years yet, but as a beneficiary of greycap's experience and abilities, I'm on the side of accurate data.

Cheers, Rene!

SLIP STREAM
June 6th, 2011, 13:25
Told i'd get shot at owen. as expected your right on time greycap. i flew your degraded
"E" model. i was gentlman enough not to criticise or voice my opinion about them.
i never said the mustang was the best aircraft or "super ship as you stated. the plane is set up within the confines that cfs3 program provides.and not all variables can be controlled. but of course,YOU know that ! you have criticised my work before and i just blew it off.no one made you download or use the files.if cfs3 airfiles are so good.why have over 8000 come and gone ? why are we only haveing about 70 downloads now ??? the bigest complaint for leaveing, is how bad they really fly.but of course YOU now that ! i'm now feed up with your attacks ! keep your jelious,hatefull attacks to yourself.your opinion is worth nothing to me.and does nothing to keep cfs3 alive. Oh and i grew up around SAC p51d's. and have an extensive historcial video flight library,and paper library.I listen to Them. I"LL be waiting :sniper:

popsaka
June 6th, 2011, 13:54
...well I'm up at 44000 ft in the Firepower TA-152H and I still have the 3001 (litre I believe) drop tank hangin' from under the fuselage... 'Twas a bit of a struggle... all was going well up to angels 35 when suddenly I caught this weird tailwind (not the 1st time this has happened) and I'm being shoved to almost 400mph (about 230 IAS) ...that would've been fine but I found meself in some violent turbulence, like what one may stumble into around 5000 ft or so... certainly not here at the ''edge of space'' (LOL) ...kind of a discombobulated flat spin at speed... I was lucky to recover. After that things got a bit more stable... 110 to 150 IAS (maybe about 220 to 268 mph) though I've found I need to watch my rate of climb like a hawk... kind of like a drunk ice skater with a bubble level... Can't imagine why she wants to go into a wing tearing dive... a mere 44,000 feet...:gameoff:Sorry I didn't time my assent, but it took awhile... maybe a good 10 or 15 minutes... with drop tank!

HouseHobbit
June 6th, 2011, 15:06
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
This is too much fun..
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Just love it when the tree gets shook, enjoy that this has stirred up a discussion..
Too COOL..
Yea well Thank God we had the allison engines in the mustangs, a much better engine then the Merlins. Tougher and lasted longer without problems..

Like much of the British stuff it was picky and fragile..
And this comes from a crew chief who worked on P-51's during the war..
Oh it was a British crew chief by the way..who worked with the USAAF in 44..

On a VHS tape I have, and as the German pilots said in the BBC produced tapes, they knew it was over when the P-51 started showing up over Germany..

The Brits didn't have anything with long enough range to cause them a problem, so it was up to the P-51 to take the airwar to the Germans..
Thus the greatest fighter the allies had..
The one that could match the Germans in their airspace and get home..

Hey we all should be grateful that the USAAF had the Birds needed to defeat the Luftwaffe..

If not the Brits might be saying Hail Hitler in their schools instead of God save the Queen..
As Churchill said when informed of the attack on Pearl, the first words out of His Mouth was "WE ARE SAVED"..
Even he knew without America, Britain was, at best in Great trouble..
And had little chance of facing the Germans with any chance of winning..

Like it or not America saved Britain (Thank God) and the P-51 was a major part of this victory over the Germans..Historical Fact..

As I stated, I am Grateful that we Americans did save the world, we fed England and supplied England with the guns/ ammo, Fuel and items they needed to stay in the war..

And after the war.
We rebuilt Europe, Including England, the Marshall plan..

When I was in Europe in the 70's many I met in England never forgot that America saved them, and many expressed Thanks me for this..Had several rounds given to me By WW2 folks in pubs..
It seems that at least those who were there remember that American Aircraft and men and supplies made it possible for England to survive..

And the P-51 was a major part of this..

Thank God, and God Bless the Queen..
May the UK stand forever, and with America on your side I believe it will..:applause: :applause:

greycap.raf
June 6th, 2011, 15:09
Told i'd get shot at owen. as expected your right on time greycap. i flew your degraded "E" model. i was gentlman enough not to criticise or voice my opinion about them.

I don't think I've made anything with an "E" suffix, or at least uploaded it. Only the mentioned Bf 109G/K series, Tempest Mk Vs and a couple of Spitfire and P-51 skins.

i never said the mustang was the best aircraft or "super ship as you stated. the plane is set up within the confines that cfs3 program provides.and not all variables can be controlled. but of course,YOU know that !

For some reason you've made it perform like a super ship though - why? And admittedly not every detail can be controlled but for example engine details can be tweaked down to the last tenth of a horsepower and the last inches of critical altitude. Yes, I know. I've done it a lot. I wouldn't criticize you if I didn't know what I'm talking about myself.

you have criticised my work before and i just blew it off.no one made you download or use the files.if cfs3 airfiles are so good.why have over 8000 come and gone ? why are we only haveing about 70 downloads now ???

If so, I've done it because there has been room to improve. Every improvement makes for a better flight model so people don't have to use the total crap that was shipped with the stock game. I'd actually like to see more people being honest about the shortcomings they find in add-ons as it would help the ones making them improve them further.

Why those 8000 people have come and gone, nobody knows.

the bigest complaint for leaveing, is how bad they really fly.but of course YOU now that ! i'm now feed up with your attacks ! keep your jelious,hatefull attacks to yourself.your opinion is worth nothing to me.and does nothing to keep cfs3 alive.

I surely know how bad the stock aircraft fly. That's why I've done my part in making them better, actually trying to keep the game alive by offering more realistic alternatives to the original models but few have noticed. I'm not jealous, why would I be? I'm not hateful either, it just completely baffles me why you chose to fix a badly flying aircraft by giving it specifications unlike anything seen in real life.

Oh and i grew up around SAC p51d's. and have an extensive historcial video flight library,and paper library.I listen to Them. I"LL be waiting :sniper:

I tend to believe the official tests made by the Army Air Forces Material Command Flight Section.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/mustang/mustangtest.html

SLIP STREAM
June 6th, 2011, 16:55
said i was waiting G.obviously your not reading the write ups or posts.so here it is.the degraded flight files you did for nigels 109's are unlikeable nicely puting it. can't teach you manners.but i can t teach you about cfs3.
when micro soft started cfs3 they used the cessna 180 as a gmax base.the leading edge of the wing crosses the pilots lap.which is the "x" gmax line. that line winds up being in the middle of the wing instead of the leading edge on the fighters when the program runs the player aircraft.it "grabs" it 1/4 the distance back from the x gmax line to the back end of the tail.NO real plane has a balance point that far back.it would be a plastic bag caught in a strong wind.a plane isn't guided by the middle of the wing. it's directionaly pointed by the leading edge of the wing.not the stockers.microsoft made this sim as an online game play.where all the planes were made just about the same,to level the playing field.your capable of opening and compareing all the original cfs3 airfiles.look for your self. thankfully the third party builders found that out and start theirs on the leading edge. makeing for a generally better flieing plane.you believe that the stock air files are correct. do the real ww2 fighter planes make a left or right turn and FLIP back over the other direction and go into completly unrecoverable spins? NO. the real aircraft can do inside vertical loops.the stockers can't. flaps on real planes make lift and drag. stockers don't.real aircraft slow down when you back the throttle to zero and start to loose altitude.not the stockers they will keep going like a glider.every real aircraft built. has its owen power curve according to the equipment and aircraft design. cfs3 doesn't. we're stuck with a unidirectional power curve.and a manual wep.cfs3 can't produce reverse thrust. the critical altitude is set so low on all cfs3 aircraft. they won't handle and are power restricted.both to less than 20.000 feet.real aircraft can't flat flight corkscrew at the rates the stockers do.theres more but the point is made that cfs3 aircraft flight files ARE NOT ACCURATE. thats why alot of people blew off and bad mouthed cfs3.they wanted planes set up more like these.i was talked into putting them up after holding them for 5 years.now for all intents and purposes cfs3 is pretty much DEAD.most of the builders have moved on for many reasons. some because of fourm response like this.

NOW THE NASTY remmember a thread i started called "follow the leader" i do ! i was looking for a test pilot.i posted pics of myself flying aircraft inverted through hangers.and wanted others to do the same.a guy dared someone to fly inverted under the tower bridge with a B-29. ring a bell yet ? you posted a picture of a B-29 flying under the road platform inverted.remmember now ? i do. i downloaded the picture and opened it in photoshop.sure enought it was faked. and it was the second time you posted the same B-29 pic.you let it ride as real. i did it for real and ended the thread without finding a test pilot.again i was gentleman enough not to call you on it,on public fourm.and make you look like a cheater. oh well.on top of the negative posts. thats why your word,opinion and work mean nothing to me. :hatchet::rocket: hey look there are, different imodicons.

loverboy1
June 6th, 2011, 17:17
i know jack ^*&^*&^*& but slips work is , subject to honorary position in the TIMELINES

OF HISTORY .

NOW WE ARE

D-Day Remembrance - Normandy June 6th, 1944
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGIK6ktgwA

TKS TO THOSE - gave there freedom and to the ones keeping it alive

SLIP STREAM
June 6th, 2011, 18:40
lol josh i have to give it to you. you are hands down the best head cheerleader cfs3 has ever had ! :applause: :salute: and there's been some good ones. to you

gosd
June 6th, 2011, 20:10
Hate to spoil your fun guys but the .xdp file is missing an entry : </General>
just before:<GunStations>.
Otherwise you will get the corrupted file message on start-up.

SLIP STREAM
June 6th, 2011, 20:27
gosd look at every other xdp at the top line.it should read <General Allegience="0"
There is no / untill the end of a segment which ends like this /> i just checked both uploaded xdp's and they are correct. your problem is somewhere else.

anyone else haveing a loadup problem ?

hairyspin
June 6th, 2011, 22:05
...The flight model debate will likely go on for years yet...

Quod erat demonstrandum

...when the program runs the player aircraft.it "grabs" it 1/4 the distance back from the x gmax line to the back end of the tail....

I don't quite understand you Slip? Having looked at a few of the stock models, the gmax or modeller's centre is at the point of the nose - Tempest and Spit models are prime examples. The aircraft.cfg reflects this.

The flight simulator's centre - the point at which the flight model balances - is generally 1/4 of the mean air chord (average wing width) back from the leading edge of the wing.

If the flight model centre was 1/4 of the distance from wing leading edge to tail back from the leading edge, the model's pitching behaviour would look very strange in the sim, but in fact the models pitch around a point a little back from the leading edge.

Please elaborate?

@HH - now you're just being a naughty hobbit again! :icon_lol:

HouseHobbit
June 6th, 2011, 22:32
Quod erat demonstrandum

I don't quite understand you Slip? Having looked at a few of the stock models, the gmax or modeller's centre is at the point of the nose - Tempest and Spit models are prime examples. The aircraft.cfg reflects this.

The flight simulator's centre - the point at which the flight model balances - is generally 1/4 of the mean air chord (average wing width) back from the leading edge of the wing.

If the flight model centre was 1/4 of the distance from wing leading edge to tail back from the leading edge, the model's pitching behaviour would look very strange in the sim, but in fact the models pitch around a point a little back from the leading edge.

Please elaborate?

@HH - now you're just being a naughty hobbit again! :icon_lol:

Yea Hairy just picking on the Brits again..
If ya see me hanging from a tree by my feets again who you mind cutting me down please..
They get very upset with the truth sometimes it seems..:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

But to be honest I am truly grateful that we Americans did come to the aid of the Brits, and Japan did make a BIG Mistake attacking on Dec. 7th..

And Herr Hitler by declaring war on America saved the president from trying to sell another war in Europe to Americans

It must be admitted that America didn't want any more part of wars in Europe
WW1 left a bad taste in the mouth of America..
America had to come to England- France aid then too..

But Thank God we did come to the aid of England in WW2..
I would hate to have had it any other way..
Would hate to think of the "SS" ruling England..

BRAVO.. to the Greatest Generation who Saved the world..
And to all who stood against the darkness during this time..

greycap.raf
June 7th, 2011, 07:16
said i was waiting G.obviously your not reading the write ups or posts.so here it is.the degraded flight files you did for nigels 109's are unlikeable nicely puting it.

Unlikeable? Perhaps, but very close to the real life specifications. The late model Bf 109s were some of the most uncomfortable aircraft out there to fly and a realistic flight model should reflect that.

can't teach you manners.

If by teaching me manners you mean trying to make me shut up about my opinions backed up with real life facts, true, you can't.

not the stockers.microsoft made this sim as an online game play.where all the planes were made just about the same,to level the playing field.your capable of opening and compareing all the original cfs3 airfiles.look for your self.

So that's why the stock Spitfires outfly everything imaginable, the stock Fw 190s can barely make a turn without coming down like bricks and the stock P-51s stall randomly at will? I'm inclined to say it's just bad flight model design which wouldn't be anything new to Microsoft.

thankfully the third party builders found that out and start theirs on the leading edge. makeing for a generally better flieing plane.you believe that the stock air files are correct.

I certainly do not believe the stock air files are correct, I've flown only AvHistory from 2006 when I first discovered them.

do the real ww2 fighter planes make a left or right turn and FLIP back over the other direction and go into completly unrecoverable spins? NO.

With the exception of P-51B/C/D/K series with fuselage fuel tanks, Fw 190s, I-16s, Fiat G.50s, and that's only to mention a few.

the real aircraft can do inside vertical loops.the stockers can't. flaps on real planes make lift and drag. stockers don't.real aircraft slow down when you back the throttle to zero and start to loose altitude.not the stockers they will keep going like a glider.

As said, bad flight model design. Very bad.

every real aircraft built. has its owen power curve according to the equipment and aircraft design. cfs3 doesn't. we're stuck with a unidirectional power curve.and a manual wep.cfs3 can't produce reverse thrust. the critical altitude is set so low on all cfs3 aircraft. they won't handle and are power restricted.both to less than 20.000 feet.

CFS3 allows full control of engine efficiency at whichever RPM you wish, allows setting the critical altitude to wherever you want it and setting the WEP critical altitude independently from that, and yes it can produce reverse thrust. Try setting propeller blade angle limits to negative figures and you'll see.

Some of the stock aircraft have their critical altitudes below 20.000 feet, agreed. Because they should - mechanical superchargers have their limits and very few models were optimized for extreme altitudes. Then again the turbocharged P-47s and the P-51B give full power up to 30.000 feet.

The real life V-1650-7 in the P-51D gave full 60.5 in/hg boost up to 26.000 feet, producing 1260 bhp at that altitude. After that the power fell of quite rapidly, at 30.000 feet it only had 51.6 in/hg (1075 bhp) left and at 40.000 feet the figure was down to 32.8 in/hg and 630 bhp.

real aircraft can't flat flight corkscrew at the rates the stockers do.theres more but the point is made that cfs3 aircraft flight files ARE NOT ACCURATE.

So for the third time we see (and agree) that the stockers are hopeless. They really are. The actual flight model files themselves are surprisingly accurate but it takes something else than the stock data to get a well flying model.

thats why alot of people blew off and bad mouthed cfs3.they wanted planes set up more like these.i was talked into putting them up after holding them for 5 years.now for all intents and purposes cfs3 is pretty much DEAD.most of the builders have moved on for many reasons. some because of fourm response like this.

Those people either didn't know where to look, didn't appreciate realism or just got fed up with a marginal sim. I can fully well understand why few people want to build things for a sim with dozens of users when the alternative is building for a sim with thousands of them.

NOW THE NASTY remmember a thread i started called "follow the leader" i do ! i was looking for a test pilot.i posted pics of myself flying aircraft inverted through hangers.and wanted others to do the same.a guy dared someone to fly inverted under the tower bridge with a B-29. ring a bell yet ? you posted a picture of a B-29 flying under the road platform inverted.remmember now ? i do. i downloaded the picture and opened it in photoshop.sure enought it was faked. and it was the second time you posted the same B-29 pic.you let it ride as real. i did it for real and ended the thread without finding a test pilot.again i was gentleman enough not to call you on it,on public fourm.and make you look like a cheater. oh well.on top of the negative posts. thats why your word,opinion and work mean nothing to me. :hatchet::rocket: hey look there are, different imodicons.

Ah, finally my favourite part of the post. No need for the axe and bazooka though. I remember the thread very well and it was a real challenge to get the B-29 through the gap without the vertical tail hitting the water. I'm suspecting your Photoshop is broken because it was real so of course I let it ride. See pictures [1] (http://rtl.1g.fi/cfs3/pictures/b29a.jpg) [2] (http://rtl.1g.fi/cfs3/pictures/b29b.jpg) [3] (http://rtl.1g.fi/cfs3/pictures/b29c.jpg). You should have called me up on it right away, gentleman or not, if you suspected something - I'd have posted these back then!

The funny thing is that all this began from me saying that a critical altitude of 41.000 feet is unrealistic for a Packard Merlin, as is unlimited WEP. I won't change my opinion of those because both of them are facts. I can agree with you in saying that this version is more fun than the stock P-51D (which is horrible) but realistic it is not.

Led Zeppelin
June 7th, 2011, 09:43
Owen, I'm sorry but... :wiggle:

The Brits didn't have anything with long enough range to cause them a problem, so it was up to the P-51 to take the airwar to the Germans..
Thus the greatest fighter the allies had..
The one that could match the Germans in their airspace and get home..

Hey we all should be grateful that the USAAF had the Birds needed to defeat the Luftwaffe..
The Mustang was developped from a RAF demand, they requested specifications that were far away from USAAF ones. Originally, USAAF didn't want to hear about this aircraft: P47 and P38 only.
The fact that the aircraft had a so long range is a hasard, they created an aerodynamic effect they will not discover before the end of the war.

And, without the Merlin engine, this great fighter would never have been able to play the role he did.

As Churchill said when informed of the attack on Pearl, the first words out of His Mouth was "WE ARE SAVED".
Winning a war is 90% a matter of logistics.
Once USA was in the war, it opened nearly unlimited ressources for the allies and none of the axis nations were able to bombed them, the US industry was unstoppable. This is why having USA into the war was so decisive.

My opinion regarding WWII is that the real decisives battles were fought in North Africa in 1941. Commonwealth didn't lost Egypt and kept a foot in Mediterranean area, that's the key.
Then, USA entered the war and landings one year later in november 1942 were performed with new escort carriers that were started to be produced at many units per month, something that England was not able to do. Just an exemple.
From this point, and with the giant Russian industry that was producing more and more war machines, it was the end.
Then, it was a matter of strategy in order to find the best way to end this horror as quickly as possible.

I'm not sure that Germany wanted or could attempt an invasion of England in the summer on 1940.

popsaka
June 7th, 2011, 10:20
...I am always intrigued by the campaigns in North Africa... Love those desert Hurricanes and P-40's:jump:

HouseHobbit
June 7th, 2011, 12:14
Owen, I'm sorry but... :wiggle:

The Mustang was developped from a RAF demand, they requested specifications that were far away from USAAF ones. Originally, USAAF didn't want to hear about this aircraft: P47 and P38 only.
The fact that the aircraft had a so long range is a hasard, they created an aerodynamic effect they will not discover before the end of the war.

And, without the Merlin engine, this great fighter would never have been able to play the role he did.

Winning a war is 90% a matter of logistics.
Once USA was in the war, it opened nearly unlimited ressources for the allies and none of the axis nations were able to bombed them, the US industry was unstoppable. This is why having USA into the war was so decisive.

My opinion regarding WWII is that the real decisives battles were fought in North Africa in 1941. Commonwealth didn't lost Egypt and kept a foot in Mediterranean area, that's the key.
Then, USA entered the war and landings one year later in november 1942 were performed with new escort carriers that were started to be produced at many units per month, something that England was not able to do. Just an exemple.
From this point, and with the giant Russian industry that was producing more and more war machines, it was the end.
Then, it was a matter of strategy in order to find the best way to end this horror as quickly as possible.

I'm not sure that Germany wanted or could attempt an invasion of England in the summer on 1940.

LOL..LOL..LOL..
I shall admit I did this only to get something happening here..
Was getting Boring in the forum..LOL..

I realize the p-51 is NOT a Super bird..
And it was a British order which brought life into the P-51..

It has had the effect I had hoped for..
Got it all stirred up here as we say in Kentucky..
And I do enjoy poking the Brits with my pointed Hobbit stick..:applause:

Now would some one be so kind as to shoot the rope they ( Brits) have hung me
by my feets again with..

For some reason they seem to like hanging me upside down whenever I do this..
Thanks all it was Great fun poking the Brits..:icon_lol:

Now shoot me down please..:tgun2: From this tree..:icon_lol: