PDA

View Full Version : ETO Spawn Selector problem

gamemaster406
June 4th, 2011, 21:58
Hi, I'm using ETO v 1.40 on Windows 7 64 bit. I correctly followed the instructions for changing the bat files to work with the different location. But when I try to use the Spawn Selector and change spawns, it quickly says "The system cannot find the file specified" after choosing a spawn configuration, then the command prompt just closes. Any of the spawn config choices gives the same error.

I've reinstalled ETO multiple times both in program files, and program files (x86), getting the same error. I've also turned off UAC as well.

Can't seem to find the problem, but I'm guessing its Windows 7 related. I included a screenshot showing what the error looks like, though I doubt it will help.

-Mike

rbp71854
June 5th, 2011, 03:23
Mike

Is the selector changing the mode of the spawns and you get random spawns or no random spawns?

If I remember correctly the spawn selectors search the status and actually try to change each of the files to the condition you want and finding the file already correctly named will give the statement that the file could not be found. I didn't set the batch file to hide the statements. :(

You can verify that the files are being changed by going to the spawn folder and running the master spawn selector and watch for the files being renamed. Do not run one of the slave batch file selectors, it will mess up the spawn files. Also you can fly and see if you get random spawns when you choose that option.

Bob

gamemaster406
June 5th, 2011, 10:03
I went into the spawns folder and yes the files do get changed when I choose different spawn configurations. And I did test stock spawns, vs no random spawns, and it seems to be working.

Thanks,
Mike