PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

Cazzie
December 7th, 2008, 15:46
I am having a problem with a repaint of the Carenado T-34A. I cannot for the life of me get the orange stripe to take on the starboard vertical tail fin!:banghead:. There is a texture there in screenshots that cannot be found anywhere in the Carenado textures.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/badtexture.jpg

Caz

Sean Doran
December 7th, 2008, 16:00
Could it be on the spec textures if they have any?:ernae:

norm
December 7th, 2008, 16:15
what is FS9 that i here about? is that some coad word for 2004?

fsafranek
December 7th, 2008, 17:40

Yea?
:ernae:

fsafranek
December 7th, 2008, 17:49
I am having a problem with a repaint of the Carenado T-34A. I cannot for the life of me get the orange stripe to take on the starboard vertical tail fin!:banghead:. There is a texture there in screenshots that cannot be found anywhere in the Carenado textures.

Caz
Maybe it's being borrowed from somewhere else?
Are there similar details on the bottom side near the stripe?
I don't have a copy so I'm just throwing out an idea.

Lionheart
December 7th, 2008, 17:54
Maybe it's being borrowed from somewhere else?
Are there similar details on the bottom side near the stripe?
I don't have a copy so I'm just throwing out an idea.

Franks post sounds about right. To test this theory, copy all textures into that particular texture folder, take out the texture cfg file (so it will only look in there) and boot up FSX and see.

This was happening to one of my planes, where for some odd reason, a the common texture was being used half the time, instead of the new panel color texture.

Bill

djscoo
December 7th, 2008, 19:19
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=5372

Cazzie
December 8th, 2008, 06:32
Franks post sounds about right. To test this theory, copy all textures into that particular texture folder, take out the texture cfg file (so it will only look in there) and boot up FSX and see.

This was happening to one of my planes, where for some odd reason, a the common texture was being used half the time, instead of the new panel color texture.

Bill

Bill, the Carenado FSX T-34 textures have no texture.cfg in their folders, any of them. Here's a screen from FS9 with the textures there, which have no bump or spec textures.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/fs9_stripe.jpg

Tried a trick and copied and saved the main three new textures to a backup folder and installed the FS9 main textures with the same names and tried them. Guess what? Didn't line up, same mysterious texture on the starboard fin. So it is either an issue with the bump or spec textures or the .mdl file.

I'll continue to work on it, but it has me totally baffled!:banghead:

Caz

lifejogger
December 15th, 2008, 09:37
The starboard fin is mapped to the bottom left wing. I found it while trying to do a repaint of the Mentor.:banghead:

Cazzie
December 15th, 2008, 11:12
The starboard fin is mapped to the bottom left wing. I found it while trying to do a repaint of the Mentor.:banghead:

Argggggg! :banghead::banghead:

I wonder if Carenado could do a fix with it, it is not that way in FS9????

Caz