PDA

View Full Version : FSX Graphic Spiking Gone Wild

Aircanuck
June 4th, 2011, 08:42

Good day fello Simmers,

Aerosoft Otter, default scenery ... starting to happen way to often.

Whats up ?

Specs ..... Intel I3 530 3.0 GHZ - 3 GB Memory - ATI Radeon X1900 x 512 MB

kilo delta
June 4th, 2011, 09:10
Back off a little on the in-game graphics settings. :)

Tako_Kichi
June 4th, 2011, 09:17
I was experiencing similar effects a few months ago but for me it only happened in certain parts of Alaska for some strange reason. I tried several things to try and cure it with no luck until I decided to upgrade my GFX card drivers and the problem went away.

N2056
June 4th, 2011, 09:23
If it has been slowly getting worse my guess is that your video card is starting to overheat. You might at least give it a visual inspection for dust bunnies to be sure. Also be sure the fan is working.

beana51
June 4th, 2011, 10:12
When this started with me,on a brand new Gold install.... I re installed FSX..,lost nothing,and all the anomaly's were gone...So far no more problems!<label for="rb_iconid_24">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif</label>

Aircanuck
June 4th, 2011, 10:50
Hey there everyone,

As always sure appreciate all your tips.

For awhile now I've operated using the ATI Overdrive Automated clock config utility found in the Catalsyt Control Center , temps seem to hover in the 70's C range during use and at rest in the 60's C.

The utility will configure the optimum overdrive setting for your pc specs.

Cheers

Aircanuck

Peter SWE
June 4th, 2011, 13:01
I've had similar problems on a number of ocations, every time a graficsdriverswap has cured it. Both on ATI and Nvidia.