PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Lights Issues

wildcat400
December 7th, 2008, 15:33
The following problem ONLY occurs in the Beach Baron, the King Air 350, and the Cessna (ALL OTHER aircraft work just fine). In those three planes the ONLY exterior light that works are the navigation lights. The rotating beacon, and the flashing strobe lights do not work. I checked my "controls" settings and the letter "l" is set to turn on all lights. I press it and nothing. The nav lights and taxi lights come on. I changed the keyboard button to just control the strobes. I set that to "shift l". Tried that and the strobes still do not come on. I tried a F-18 Hornet in the Juneau Alaska session, ALL of those exterior lights work great. I tried a DC-3... they all work just fine too.
Does anyone have an idea of what in the world is going on??

EDIT: I just went into free flight, and tried the same three planes. Same thing! What the heck happened? I did not add any repaints or anything!

wildcat400
December 7th, 2008, 18:52
Add the T-34 mentor (yes the payware) to the list. With the strobes switch set to on. Nothing. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

heywooood
December 7th, 2008, 19:08
I don't have an answer for this one - maybe check your 'special effects detail' slider in the FSX scenery settings?

did you recently copy any guages or look in the panel folders of these aircraft?

wildcat400
December 7th, 2008, 19:42
I don't have an answer for this one - maybe check your 'special effects detail' slider in the FSX scenery settings?

did you recently copy any guages or look in the panel folders of these aircraft?

I did not add any new gauges, or fooled around in any of these folders in a long time. Turns out that after trying nearly every aircraft in my inventory. That it is ONLY props that are having this issue. All of my Accelerator Hornets, Captain Sim F-18's, all of my different types of Lear Jets, DC-3's... well yeah you get the point. If it has a prop. The strobes/beacons do not work. How in the heck do I fix this?

Brian_Gladden
December 7th, 2008, 19:53
The Maule is the complete opposite on my system. All I can get to work right is the beacon. everything else goes on and off with the landing lights....

Brian

wildcat400
December 7th, 2008, 21:59
Well after exhausting numerous options ,and trying pretty much everything. I didn't want to, but decided to do a system restore to a week ago. (Good thing I didn't download anything from a week ago until tonight.) So problem is now fixed after the system restore. Lights work in the ones that I was having issues with.