PDA

View Full Version : New video card

gosd
June 3rd, 2011, 15:53
Hello I just upgraded my video card from a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550.
I needed this upgrade in order to run "Cliffs of Dover" from Ubisoft,it turned out to be a good investment the CFS3 games look great.
One small problem, I got all of the games running smoothly except for ETO;it crashes on start up.I think I has something to do with the config of this specific game.
Any advice would be appreciated.:jump:
Thanks

Daiwilletti
June 3rd, 2011, 21:58
Hi Gosd,

have you run cfsconfig.exe again? The configoverrides file will be out of date.

richcreator
June 4th, 2011, 13:23
Hello I just upgraded my video card from a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550.
I needed this upgrade in order to run "Cliffs of Dover" from Ubisoft,it turned out to be a good investment the CFS3 games look great.
One small problem, I got all of the games running smoothly except for ETO;it crashes on start up.I think I has something to do with the config of this specific game.
Any advice would be appreciated.:jump:
Thanks

I've recently mentioned that my PNY GeForce GTX 550Ti lasted but 3 weeks before pukeing.
I had the choice to go with the Nvidia at the exact same price but the Best Buy sales clerk recommended the PNY for a reason that eludes me. When I took it back they were all out of the Nvidia so I went a step up to the 560. The 550 was phenominal but didn't last for unknown reasons. And the 560 is another $125 in price. My sound card was next to it (next to the fan) so I removed the sound card to give the 560 more breathing room and went with an external sound card.

gosd
June 4th, 2011, 13:42
Thank you both for your answers.
-I will check the card closely for any malfunctions.
-I got the config problem resolved by first initialing safest setting and running the game once,ten I upgraded to default setting and got the resolution I wanted and finally made the custom settings I wanted.Everything runs smoothly now:salute:

gosd
June 4th, 2011, 13:48
I've recently mentioned that my PNY GeForce GTX 550Ti lasted but 3 weeks before pukeing.
I had the choice to go with the Nvidia at the exact same price but the Best Buy sales clerk recommended the PNY for a reason that eludes me. When I took it back they were all out of the Nvidia so I went a step up to the 560. The 550 was phenominal but didn't last for unknown reasons. And the 560 is another $125 in price. My sound card was next to it (next to the fan) so I removed the sound card to give the 560 more breathing room and went with an external sound card.

I had to upgrade my power supply from 350W to 500W.

richcreator
June 4th, 2011, 21:52
My psu is 600w.
Lack of sufficient power won't burn up a card. It'll just make the game or system crash. Sufficient power will keep a game running and allow the card to overheat.