PDA

View Full Version : The incredible Samdin Design Tu-142 Bear

Wings of Gold
June 3rd, 2011, 12:39
As a retired Naval Aviator, one of the most impressive aircraft ever done for Fs9 (or even FSX) is the Tu-114 from Samdim Design (yeah, I know that that a LOT of praise, but I'll stick with it). I have just discovered that Samdim also has a FREE Tu-95 and Tu-142 Bear. Go to samdimdesign.free.fr/index.html (http://samdimdesign.free.fr/index.html) - you will see screen-shots of the Tu-142 Bear. Underneath you will see a selection for download. After that it get's a little harder, as everything is in Russian. Note: my Norton says that this is a safe site. I simply can't figure out which selection starts the download. If I do the one to the right of the section with the small Bear screen-shot (and Ty-95MC and Ty-142M verbage), I go to another page that has a couple of different choices. Would one of you clever guys PLEASE see if you can figure out how to effect this download. I would MOST appreciate it!

Bill

Desert Rat
June 3rd, 2011, 12:48
When you hit the Avsim.su site, top right, hit English version

:d
Jamie

Wings of Gold
June 3rd, 2011, 14:43
Hi JD,

Thanks very much for giving me the key to the translation (which I had overlooked). Unfortunately when I select "download", it just presents the same page again - but doesn't start the download. Will it start the download for you?

Bill

Desert Rat
June 3rd, 2011, 15:16
yup, the second page has a choice, somewhere in the middle - http or torrent. http worked for me.

Jamie

Sunny9850
June 3rd, 2011, 16:49
I do like all their wares...the 114 especially. Does anyone know if they ever got any more updates out on the VC equipped sisters of the An24 ??
I don't see any hints there on the site so I am not too hopeful.

:ernae:
Stefan

Lazerbeak
June 3rd, 2011, 17:01
Does anyone know if they ever got any more updates out on the VC equipped sisters of the An24 ??
I don't see any hints there on the site so I am not too hopeful.
I think they are being contracted for some outside payware projects. Mostly of FSX, it seems. They say that several past projects are now delayed, which it's a shame, because I was looking forward to the An-24 family package very much. I hope it will continue someday.

Blackbird686
June 4th, 2011, 06:23
I think they are being contracted for some outside payware projects. Mostly of FSX, it seems. They say that several past projects are now delayed, which it's a shame, because I was looking forward to the An-24 family package very much. I hope it will continue someday.

Their freeware products are as good or better than some of the payware out there. Only drawback to the "Bear" -- no VC. I fly it anyway and it comes highly recommended. There are enough bitmaps in the 2D views to realistically create the effect of flight.
I have been curious about their An-24 too. Hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

BB686:USA-flag:

paul day
June 4th, 2011, 06:55
If you like the"Bear" but want a vc, have you tried the Tu126 by Samdim?

Regards Paul Day.