PDA

View Full Version : Which Warbirdsim package to get?

pontiuspilotus
June 2nd, 2011, 22:43
I'm planning to purchase the Warbirdsim Mustang but am not sure which package to get. Much as I would like to buy all three of them (for FSX), I can only afford one. From the product pages they have the Fighter Leader package, Cadillac of the Skies Part 1, and Cadillac of the Skies Part 2. Anyone have a preference for one over the other and why? Thanks. :salute:

FlameOut
June 3rd, 2011, 02:41
All three are excellent! My strategy was to get the the "Fighter Leader" early models B,C, & III package for FSX, since A2A will be releasing their Accusim P-51D. :applause:

Naki
June 3rd, 2011, 03:01
I got the part 2 P-51D..why?...it had more variations, had an ex RNZAF Mustang, "Jumping Jacques" (a favourite of mine), a post war USAF scheme and a RAAF Mustang. I also preferred a D model more than the B/C model.

SpaceWeevil
June 3rd, 2011, 04:56
Well the B/C is unique - I don't know of anyone planning to do another for FSX. There are lots of good repaints for it, mostly from Jankees. It's a blast to fly, a real aerial sportscar, and something about the sound just gets my pulse racing.

I have the 'D' packages as well, and it's fair to say you can see the progress in both modelling and texturing quality (the B/C is still very good). The whole concept of the later packages is different - they're not generic P-51Ds, each is modelled on an existing restored warbird and is subtly different. I've not seen any repaints for them bar some done for 'personal use'.

As for 'the one' - I fly both the 'D' packages more than the B/C, but Cadillac of the Skies Vol. 2 just edges it for me.

IanHenry
June 3rd, 2011, 05:43
I have all three packages, and I have to say I agree with Spaceweevil, the second D package is my favourite, just simply because the models are beautiful to look at. Don’t get me wrong, they are all good, but the bare metal effect on the Cadillac of the Skies Part 2, is something rather special. I’m sure you will not be disappointed whichever one you chose.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Good luck,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.<o:p></o:p>