PDA

View Full Version : Airbases.dat utilities....

Oglivie
May 28th, 2011, 09:03
Jagd, Rami, and Everyone,

I have attached several applications that I programmed awhile ago and thought perhaps they maybe helpful. They run at the Windows Command Prompt mode. Give them a check over and if they are something that will work okay I'll upload them to the CFS2 utilities.

The NUMRUNWY Application searches for the [runway. entry in the dat file and then adds the corresponding number and right bracket (]). When run it will number in acsending order, starting with 0, for each runway and create a backup file. Doubt if this would ever be a problem, but Runway maximum number 32,767 and Maximum backup files 999.

ARBAS_ID searches the airbases.dat for duplicate id numbers and if found displays the info to the monitor.

Update: Copy the applications and airbases.dat to a test folder.

Regards,
Oglivie

Captain Kurt
May 28th, 2011, 09:25
Thanks man, I can use these. :wavey:

Rami
May 28th, 2011, 09:51
Oglivie,

Thank you from me as well, I'm sure these will prove useful!

Jagdflieger
May 28th, 2011, 11:05
Well darn. Windows 7 (64 bit) gives me a window saying it won't run 'em.

Oglivie
May 28th, 2011, 11:24
Well darn. Windows 7 (64 bit) gives me a window saying it won't run 'em.

Jagd,

I have access to a Windows 7 pc (at times). I'll see if I can load it up and try it out. I'll look at the C source code (going to have to search some in my backups) and see if there is anything in the code that can be changed for 7 compatability. Perhaps more Windows 7 feed back would be helpful for a resolve to the problem.

Oglivie
May 28th, 2011, 12:34
I loaded the progs into 7. From what I can surmise is that the compiler (earlier 1990 technology) is not geared for the 7 operating environment. I do not know if there is a way around this without trying to find a compiler update for it (if there be one for this old C version). Otherwise, I can look around at some other programming utilities to see what I may be able to use that would be compatible for 7, and do another program at a later time. There appears to be an I/O problem with the programs I did to access a file for reading and/or writing to in Windows 7.

onnogras
May 28th, 2011, 13:37
This is a handy tool!:salute:

Canion
May 28th, 2011, 13:55
:salute: Muchas gracias!

Jagdflieger
May 28th, 2011, 21:24
Don't spend too much time on it or get frustrated by it.

Here's the window I get when I run the programs.

Oglivie
May 29th, 2011, 10:56
Yep, that is the same bit error message I'm getting also. The applications are 16-bit executables which is not allowing the I/O functions to perform with a 32-bit or 64-bit architecture Windows 7. I'm just wondering if Vista is effected in the same manner as 7 with the applications? At any rate, here is an explaination of the bit issues (as applied to Vista).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756962.aspx

So, it appears the apps will need to be in 32-bit or 64-bit executables that will require an up-to-date program for the new architecture and OS. I'll see what's around that I may have access to update the apps. Sorry for the inconvience, I'm getting caught up in this new stuff also.

I'll take my time on it, haste makes waste. Not too frustrated, I think I tend to get the computer caused crazy streaks though.

:icon_lol:

Oglivie
July 12th, 2011, 14:28
Hello Everyone,

Due to my summer work schedule I haven't had much time for CFS2 to resolve the Win 7 issue for the above apps I posted. However, I managed to get a new C language compiler that is supposed to work for Win 7, but have to wait for more time to work on it. In the mean time I have found an app that is supposed to be able to run DOS apps in Win 7. I have not tried it yet so not sure how well it works. If you want to try it, here are links to the app with the directions and installer:

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Basic_Setup_and_Installation_of_DosBox

Win32 installer:
http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

I hope it works for you without much difficulty.