PDA

View Full Version : Destroyed planes cloning...

Ian Astill
May 27th, 2011, 04:53
Destroyed planes ''cloning'':

I'm sure most of you are familiar with this. You send a plane to hell but as it's going it mysteriously reproduces

For instance, Baldy's albacore does this. Was just wondering if there is a fix for it?

sc7500
May 27th, 2011, 06:01
It sorta depends on the way the A/C was assembled.

You can try ONE of these two methods to keep destroyed planes from "Cloning" on the way down:

- add this line to your DP file in the [EFFECTS.0] spot with DPEdit:

[EFFECTS.0]
; System = Aircraft
effect.0=95,LIBRARY,fx_gastank_m,
effect.1=100,BREAK,,

OR

Go through the DP file with a TXT editor and remove the destruction numbers:

EXAMPLE:

[EFFECTS.x]
; System = Nose Structure
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_m,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_oilleak_m,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_wingfire,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_m,
effect.4=100,BREAK,6,

[EFFECTS.x]
; System = Engine
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_fuelleak_m,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_m,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_l,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_L,
effect.4=97,BOMB,,
effect.5=98,BREAK,7,
effect.6=99,LIBRARY,fx_wingfire,
effect.7=100,LIBRARY,fx_marker,

EtCetera - there are multiple D-Numbers to find: Wings / Wingtips, Nose, Tail [Aft], Engine[s], Rudder and Elevators. Get them all !

One of these methods should help - let us know how it works ! :salute:
SC
:kilroy:

Ian Astill
May 27th, 2011, 06:22
Hi Sc!
I tried the second method and it worked perfectly! Thanks for the solution. Purely out of curiosity why is it this happens??

Is it because the aircraft has the systems (in the dp) in place for breaking parts but is not breaking parts capable?

I've learnt a lot about DP's this week. I like to understand things properly!

Also, I will try these methods out on other aircraft as and when I find them. Will let you know the results

Edit: The second method also works with the JD Tindalls conversion of the Ted Cooke Miles Master

Jagdflieger
May 27th, 2011, 07:05
Ian,

This issue hasn't come up for some time now. As I understand it, the defect originally came about from port over CFS 1 DP files into CFS 2 airplanes. Many of the culprit planes were ETO types, and when made, it made sense to base the DP files for them on the old CFS 1 DP files. As you know, CFS 1 was an ETO sim, so it had the requisite ETO type airplanes and was an easy source of parts for early CFS 2 ETO airplanes. At any rate, there is enough difference between the two sim's aeroplanes that the break code affected the CFS 2 airplanes differently than the CFS 1 kites.

Which plane(s) caused the problem for you? Akemi's early planes often required the updates that sc7500 suggested.

Ian Astill
May 27th, 2011, 07:09
The ones that I can remember are Baldy's Donationware Albacore and the JD Tindalls conversion of the Miles Master and both have been fixed by that second method.

I'm sure there are others around but I can't remember them now. I will definitely update if I come across any