PDA

View Full Version : 6 AA Trucks uploaded

SLIP STREAM
May 26th, 2011, 14:42
i have upload 6 AAtrucks two russian,two spanish republican, two spanish national.there are 2 caliber types for each country.a new long range 50caliber.and a new 20 mm HEI. high explosive incindeary,also a long range caliber. these are set up just like the tanks.read the gun operation for the view.

Rami has just created a new catagory for these.their under Vehicals at the moment.yes i contacted him about the catagory name.all of the uploads there are the driveable aircraft. enjoy.

UPDATE;Rami has the catagory renamed to Driveable Vehicals.
thank you for handleing that rami.

gosd
May 26th, 2011, 15:20
I can't find the tracer effect.
I seem to be missing the following effect files:GroundEffect="fx_grndexplAI_s"
TracerEffect="tracer_purple_smoke75"
Where can I find these?
Thanks.

SLIP STREAM
May 26th, 2011, 15:45
gosd those are the avh effects as far as i remmember they were stock in m.a.w.

gosd
May 26th, 2011, 16:06
OK I found some but not the:GroundEffect="fx_grndexplAI_s.
Still can't get any tracer effects on the guns.

SLIP STREAM
May 26th, 2011, 16:55
gosd don't you have the russian tanks installed ?they have the same avh purple tracer. did you delete the weapons bdp in the main weapon folder ? i have the ground explode line pulled aside. wait a bit and see if any one else has a problem

Led Zeppelin
May 26th, 2011, 21:40
Nice ones!:running:

SLIP STREAM
May 26th, 2011, 22:36
thanks led. as a mission builder if you use them.i set them to random spawn.could be a nasty surprise when they pop up lol.

HouseHobbit
May 27th, 2011, 02:18
BRAVO!!!
Now i can use these in missions too..
BRAVO..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Old Tiger
May 27th, 2011, 05:49
:salute:Thanks slip they look and work :jump:Great:ernae::ernae:

gosd
May 27th, 2011, 09:10
Thank you ironwind_57 for the missing effects line:salute:
I still can't get the reticule to work with the guns and do not have any tracers.
Am I looking for something that is not there?

Old Tiger
May 27th, 2011, 09:43
Thank you ironwind_57 for the missing effects line:salute:
I still can't get the reticule to work with the guns and do not have any tracers.
Am I looking for something that is not there?

:wavey:Just noticed when using F8 gunstation no reticule or tracers either.

SLIP STREAM
May 27th, 2011, 10:56
danial there is no sight on the truck gun.when you go to gunner position.did you apply scroll lock and rotate the screen view 180 deg,untill the screen stops.that lines up the view and gun.
it appears your the only one with a effect problem.so do this .open your main M.A.W. game folder. open the effects folder.there should only be 4 folders.if you find a effects xml.drag it out to desk top it doesn't belong there.sometimes the game will mistakenly place one there.that can cause problems.compare it to the main xml file.
next at any time during the time you have had M.A.W. installed. did you swap out an effect xml in the main folder ?
the tracers for both rounds are the AVH effects that were original equipment with M.A.W. open your effects xml and scroll down about 1/4 the way.near that area you will see the label for the AVH effect lines. check that section against the avh effects download.make sure everything is there.if the tanks have their purple tracers in your install. then purple 75 tracer smoke is there, and the 20mm will work.
when you installed the guns did you open the folders all the way down to the "file" and installed only the file.for the weapons did you open the folder down to the last folder and install the last folder ? you did delete all nessary bdp's right ?
if all this is correct.you may have gotten a corupted file download.if you let your security system scan any cfs3 install it may quarentine some files it sees as a virus.then you may be missing files from fx effects folder.thats it theres no more to cover.hope you get it worked out. slip

SLIP STREAM
May 27th, 2011, 11:00
lol i see your doing the drive by shooting hit and run OT. :applause: thanks for the pics. they can be real destructive fun running around an air base.

OT i can see the tracers in the screenie you put up.

SLIP STREAM
May 27th, 2011, 11:29
OT something you just typed may be a clue to both your problems.are you and gosd useing a keyboard and a simple basic joystick.i have the x52 for 7.5 years so i don't remmember the key strokes.but did the both of you try going to - the next gunner position ? all my controls are on my stick.and its set to "go to next gun position.and i have no problem.try that key stroke

HouseHobbit
May 27th, 2011, 16:52
I just got pulled over driving your trucks, :jeep0a:
Got a ticket, no insurance!!!:icon_eek:

That's okay, I blasted them so no more problem..:tgun2:

Been wrecking them often, need better bumpers once you drive into a cave troll they tend to bend a bit..:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

SLIP STREAM
May 27th, 2011, 17:58
yeah their striper models.no p/s,p/b,3mph bumpers,airbags,seat belts,heater,radio,uses leaded gas,nothing.but it does have the best option you could want. a big gun in the back seat. :sniper::jeep0a: and its FFFL approved. Ha !

Old Tiger
May 28th, 2011, 05:19
:wavey:Hi Slip was the scroll lock thingy. Getten gun sight now, guns fire, but no tracers. Get tracers. All other vews. I'll figure out sooner or later. Threw in shots of the maus taring up the real estate:icon_lol:

gosd
May 28th, 2011, 16:29
The missing "fx_grndexplAI_s" is from Firepower

Old Tiger
May 29th, 2011, 06:51
The missing "fx_grndexplAI_s" is from Firepower

:wavey:Hey gosd I have Firepower with all the updates, can't find fx_grndexplAI_s or fx_damage_vehicle_s"

<Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_grndexpl_s" Location=""/>
<Threshold Level="100" Effect="Library" Parameter="fx_damage_vehicle_s" Location=""/>

gosd
May 29th, 2011, 09:33
Old_tiger the:" fx_grndexplAI_s" is on line 2045 of the effects.xml in Firepower
the other effects are from ETO

gaw
May 29th, 2011, 15:40
are there a few additions to make this all copacetic? Firepower effects? Haven't opened that up or used it in 10 yrs although it's still on the shelf somewhere...great stuff....Thanks SS

Old Tiger
May 30th, 2011, 03:30
Old_tiger the:" fx_grndexplAI_s" is on line 2045 of the effects.xml in Firepower
the other effects are from ETO

:salute:Thanks: Got em, but in gun station view the gun can go back and forth only, not up and down. I can fire it, makes sounds, does'nt fire tracer, no damage effects, In the other views every thing works well.

SLIP STREAM
May 30th, 2011, 11:41
ot i tracked down what YOU did wrong. you scrolled the gunner view 180 deg LEFT !
your supposed to scroll the gunner view 180 deg RIGHT untill the screen stops. :kilroy:

loverboy1
May 30th, 2011, 16:17
slip not to blow your ego ... but your gooooooooooooood

joshua/lb

Old Tiger
May 31st, 2011, 04:16
ot i tracked down what YOU did wrong. you scrolled the gunner view 180 deg LEFT !
your supposed to scroll the gunner view 180 deg RIGHT untill the screen stops. :kilroy:

:salute:Thanks Slip: I'll try that.