PDA

View Full Version : AI's and the Mountains

Talon
May 21st, 2011, 14:14
As some of you know the AI aircraft have problems attacking targets in the mountains. The problem is they can't find away to attack without crashing into the mountains. Since I've been doing missions in the PNG I've run into this problem. There are alot of mountains and valleys' in NG. Alot on attacks were done of the Kododa Trail which runs through the mountains and low lying lakes and lake beds. Guess you can imagine some of the problems I had with missions.

Well I now have the AI attacking targets on top of mountains,on the side of mountains and in valley's with a 75% success rate of no crashes and targets destroyed. I've used fighters and bombers ( A-20,B-25 set as glide bombers ).
I still have some work to do to get the success rate better but it will take some time.

It all has alot to do with knowing how the AI planes attack and how you setup the waypoints before the attack waypoint.

Talon

UncleTgt
May 21st, 2011, 14:48
Doh! I'd always assumed it was the airfile entries, never thought about waypoints!:salute:

Captain Kurt
May 22nd, 2011, 07:34
I'll be interested to see how you managed this. I could never get an attack in a mountain area to work with AI. :salute:

Talon
May 22nd, 2011, 08:22
We are having a more in depth discussion at http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/.