PDA

View Full Version : In case tomorrow (5-21-2011) really is the end

OBIO
May 20th, 2011, 19:32
Some preacher guy up in New York has predicted that Saturday, May 21st is the end of the world...Judgement Day. The same guy also made the same prediction back in 1994 or 1997....and was wrong.

But just in case he's right this time.....just wanted to say it's been great knowing you all.

OBIO

PS: This is a FUNNY HA HA post, not meant to be a religious post at all, nor political in any way. Laugh, just laugh, and get on with your day....unless Saturday really is the end...in which case we will all feel stupid for paying our bills this month.

Matt Wynn
May 20th, 2011, 19:34
*Waving like a lunatic* hello from the future.... world hasn't ended yet :icon_lol:

redriver6
May 20th, 2011, 19:35
May 21st is the end of the world...Judgement Day

well thats just great...4 months before i retire................................and here i thought i had at least till 2012............................dammit.

Naki
May 20th, 2011, 19:41
The 21st has been here for nearly 16 hours..I'm still here but if I'm not by later tonight goodbye everyone ..nice knowing you :wavey:

Emil Frand
May 20th, 2011, 19:53
I will gladly take your worldly posessions:
Cars: must be 2009 or newer and have a Blue Book value of no less than 30k.
Fender Guitars: Stratocasters or Telecasters ('52-'74 ONLY).
Women: 18-35 under 130 lbs
Gold or Silver
Cash/Bonds/Stocks
House: 5 bedroom,4 bath,4 car garage, in ground pool, prefer sunny locale.

Thanks, see you in the after life!

deathfromafar
May 20th, 2011, 19:56
Being my luck, I will be stuck here to deal with Zombies that the CDC warned us all about.... :icon_lol:

luckydog
May 20th, 2011, 20:07
I will gladly take your worldly posessions:
Cars: must be 2009 or newer and have a Blue Book value of no less than 30k.
Fender Guitars: Stratocasters or Telecasters ('52-'74 ONLY).
Women: 18-35 under 130 lbs
Gold or Silver
Cash/Bonds/Stocks
House: 5 bedroom,4 bath,4 car garage, in ground pool, prefer sunny locale.

Thanks, see you in the after life!

Emil,

I dug up 23 old steak bones that you can have..........

LD

Kiwikat
May 20th, 2011, 20:12
Tomorrow can't be the end! I gotta get the Chopper Challenge crown back! :173go1:

Matt Wynn
May 20th, 2011, 20:14
I gotta get the Chopper Challenge crown back! :173go1:

not......a......chance buddy! :icon_lol:

magoo
May 20th, 2011, 21:26
I hate to burst the bubble, but I've just returned from the future, and it's very firmly in place.

Taxes....higher, fuel prices....higher, political retoric.....higher, temperatures....higher, oceans....higher, pot smokers....higher, etc/etc.....higher. The world's simply too profitable for those on the better end of the inflationary curve to be allowed to come to an end. It ain't on the charts, it ain't in the business plan. Ignition cut-out govenor kicks in at 160 kph to keep those high-ply load bearing tires from over-speeding.....therefor; the wheels cannot actually come off the world....

.....It's just wishful thinking from folks who've got the distinct need to control others, yet are totally unqualified and underfunded. It makes'em crazy.

I've been to the future and back. It's only next week.

txnetcop
May 20th, 2011, 22:03
But Microsoft Flight and X Plane 10 aren't out yet!!! I'm THE END will just have to wait!
Ted

PeteHam
May 20th, 2011, 23:10
Nah , not gonna happen tomorrow :icon_lol:

Pete.

Alain_F355
May 20th, 2011, 23:27
I always thought it is a pointless discussion. We will never know who is right because we will all be dead anyway.

wombat666
May 21st, 2011, 00:37
Well, at 18:35 on Saturday EST the 21st is three-quarters over ...... :173go1:

keatles
May 21st, 2011, 02:27
Saturday's nearly over here in New Zealand, and nothing seems to have happened yet.

Then again, some folks say we are a few years behind the rest of the world? ;)

Bushpounder
May 21st, 2011, 02:52
He said the 21st, but didn't indicate the time zone! We have almost a full 24 hours to go until the 21st finally passes at its furthest point. I guess they can start rounding them up and make sure they are taking their medications again. :icon_lol:

Don

Edit: I just heard that it is supposed to happen at 6PM on the east coast of the U.S. However, in New Zealand, there were also supposed be earthquakes at 6PM their time. The news reports no earthquake activity in NZ at their 6PM. Rest easy .... you have to go to work and make that mortgage payment again!!

Terry
May 21st, 2011, 03:46
Saturday's nearly over here in New Zealand, and nothing seems to have happened yet.

Then again, some folks say we are a few years behind the rest of the world? ;)

All you folks down under seem to be leading the pack in human evolution. :icon_lol:

Naki
May 21st, 2011, 04:01
Will thats what Aussies get up to not us civilised Kiwis....BTW its the 22nd now and I am still here..........

pilottj
May 21st, 2011, 08:44
guess this means I wont have to mow the lawn or take out the trash this week :icon_lol:

wiltzei
May 21st, 2011, 08:58
Raising and upholding irrational fears must be good business for numerous people. http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/584whistle.gif (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/view.php?filename=584whistle.gif)

Cazzie
May 21st, 2011, 09:22
Well, Reverend Camping really put a damper on my "End of the World" party! I had a plan of drunken debauchery laid out for today and now that has come to pass and there is no Rapture and here I am at home stone sober!

On a serious note, I am doing the bike leg of the VIR Duathlon (five laps of the full course) with a friend of mine doing the two 5K runs. Lucky Dog, if you're free this evening, come on up and watch the Caz race bikes (pedal variety). Event starts at 6:00 PM (time for the Rapture) EDT with the first 5K run, followed by 16.3 miles on the bike and finishing with another 5K run.

Caz

OBIO
May 21st, 2011, 10:50
Well, I guess it is now safe to remove my tin-foil helmet, put my Nut Jobs-Are-Us survival pack back into the bomb shelter, take off my anti-zombie bracelet, grab my ultra-light fishing pole and head down to the pond. Or maybe, the end of the world is brought about by a Blue Gill named Rex and his amazing anti-terrestrial ray gun. I think I will play it safe and just watch professional women's beach volley ball (Deb is at her sister's house...so there is no risk of her ripping my eyes out and beating me to death with them) and drink an ice cold RC Cola.

OBIO

redriver6
May 21st, 2011, 11:04
whew...that was a close one.

now just praying Nostradamus and the Mayans are wrong:monkies:

pfflyers
May 21st, 2011, 11:48
I've always wondered...

What does the good reverend say to his flock next week?

Did he misinterpret the chicken bones? Was the 'Supreme Being' pulling his leg?

luckydog
May 21st, 2011, 12:18
http://youtu.be/1LXuNpF6NVg

luckydog
May 21st, 2011, 12:33

Wing_Z
May 21st, 2011, 13:21
...but you all know how many Kiwis there are in here now, and come 2012 you'll just have to ask: are you all still here?
If it's quiet, you know you have less than 24 hours to get laid, and party, and do all That Stuff. :running:

I've always wondered...
What does the good reverend say to his flock next week?We had him on TV1 (slow news week I suppose) and I'm hoping we can get him back to explain...

Curtis P40
May 21st, 2011, 13:47
If it's 1800 on the East coast, I've got 15 minutes...

TeaSea
May 21st, 2011, 13:51
The people to ask if the world is going to end is the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.....

Curtis P40
May 21st, 2011, 14:09
It's 1807...am I living on borrowed time...:icon_lol:

Good one luckydog

robert41
May 21st, 2011, 14:28
I heard about this at work today. If I would have known, I would have stayed home today.

Bushpounder
May 21st, 2011, 14:48
Well, it's 6:47. Guess they were uh ........ WRONG! Now I have to mail the car payment. :(

Don

Emil Frand
May 21st, 2011, 16:14
What gets me is the people that believed him, heard one story of some older fella spent his life savings of 160k to post billboards warning the rest of us..............sad

n4gix
May 21st, 2011, 16:41
Matthew 24:36 -
No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

The chances of anyone predicting the "End of the World" are about on a par with me being kidnapped by -oh let us say- space hampsters, or eaten by a hexapuma from Sphinx... :engel016:

magoo
May 21st, 2011, 17:39
Truly....the end of the world has been postponed due to a scheduling conflict with the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs.

TeaSea
May 21st, 2011, 17:59
Dare we tread into that forbidden Thread World of (*GASP*!!) Religion!

Sure, why not....

Rapture Theology, from which this particular prediction of an "end time" is fairly recent, emerging in the U.S. in the early 1830's from certain Protestant sects.

If you asked George Washington about his thoughts on the "Rapture", he would have looked at you quizzically. Note that George was a good Christian man. His minister would undoubtedly thought you some sort of heretic or looney, and would have made some sort of donation to your long term care.

Cromwell, a couple of generations earlier, would no doubt have had you burned....

Rapture theologians take their inspiration from several verses of the Bible:

Revelation, 20:13

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

Luke 17:35

"Two women shall be grinding together, the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."

This whole theory is called Dispensation, which refers to some sort of special "dispensation" for the chosen.

That's where this particular "end of the world" discussion comes from. Can't wait for the next one!!

(http://www.christianityoasis.com/Bible/BIBLE/luke_17.html)

CG_1976
May 21st, 2011, 18:16
I dint run out of coffee at flt lvl 210:running::icon_lol: , so no end of the world.

Tako_Kichi
May 21st, 2011, 20:48
Apparently.....

3EyGcXj84mE
zeo0_3gN190
aGmAmJFUvzM
1Im-kDpw1LE
fzL5F-DcHj0
rCrbziy20aU
ZdXfkkyI1nQ
xlvKLVwRgbs

...according to some out there!

However in reality the Rev. Harold Camping is just....

y0AcHR_0PzU

norab
May 21st, 2011, 20:59
Shouldha known not to let the wife max out the credit cards Friday

EasyEd
May 21st, 2011, 21:03
Hey All,

Magoo that is funny! I know of a few people who would be absolutely devastated if they had to go through eternity without the Canucks winning a Cup! Not that they necessarily will this year but it is their best shot ever.

-Ed-

PS Hmm women grinding together - doesn't sound to Biblical to me!

WarHorse47
May 21st, 2011, 21:07
Oh my gosh... I missed it ....again. Darn. :salute:

--WH

OBIO
May 21st, 2011, 23:31
Back a few years or so ago, there was a comet/astroid/meteor/space rock of some sort that streaked across the US sky and exploded out to sea off the coast of Oregon or something like that. Anyhow, I was at my sis-in-law's house and we were on the front porch having a smoke when I saw the sky flash all outer-worldly green. I asked her is she saw "that" and she said no. I told her what I saw. She asked me what it could have been. I told her it was the Rapture and we missed the bus. She goes, "Darn all that time down on my knees for nothing." I told her that that was the same thing Monica Lewinsky said...she didn't appreciate the humor in that.

OBIO

stuartcox
May 21st, 2011, 23:47
I love how, everytime we dodge the end of the world, we do something to make the Creator wish he hadn't...!

pilottj
May 22nd, 2011, 00:48
INSTALLING RAPTURE.
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed....please wait.
Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Rapture not found.
EVENT "Rapture" cannot be located. The rapture you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Well for the end of the world, today was pretty nice, Lincecum threw a shutout...Giants looking good, had a beautiful FS flight in my favorite old Waco. I guess as far as raptures go this was a pretty good one :)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f349/pilottj/giantscto.jpg

dmaloof
May 22nd, 2011, 02:11
it's just gravy, pure gravy

wombat666
May 22nd, 2011, 07:52
Back a few years or so ago, there was a comet/astroid/meteor/space rock of some sort that streaked across the US sky and exploded out to sea off the coast of Oregon or something like that. Anyhow, I was at my sis-in-law's house and we were on the front porch having a smoke when I saw the sky flash all outer-worldly green. I asked her is she saw "that" and she said no. I told her what I saw. She asked me what it could have been. I told her it was the Rapture and we missed the bus. She goes, "Darn all that time down on my knees for nothing." I told her that that was the same thing Monica Lewinsky said...she didn't appreciate the humor in that.

OBIO

And what were you smoking Tim ......... :173go1:

pilottj
May 22nd, 2011, 10:06
maybe Randy 'The Machoman' Savage died for us and thus prevented the Rapture :d.....oooh yeah!

besides I would be pretty pissed if the world ends before Orbx releases their Northern CA scenery or A2A releases the P-51

Tako_Kichi
May 22nd, 2011, 13:33
...I would be pretty pissed if the world ends before Orbx releases their Northern CA scenery or A2A releases the P-51
LOL...glad you've got your priorities right! :icon_lol:

Bushpounder
May 24th, 2011, 01:43
I just heard on the news ....... the guy says his math was wrong. :mixedsmi: It is now October 21!!!!! :wiggle: Who's going to fall for it AGAIN?!?!?! :rolleyes: Many, many more, I am sure! Good part: Five more months to max out those cards on simming items!!:icon_lol:

Don :ernae:

AndyG43
May 24th, 2011, 02:07
I just heard on the news ....... the guy says his math was wrong. :mixedsmi: It is now October 21!!!!! :wiggle: Who's going to fall for it AGAIN?!?!?! :rolleyes: Many, many more, I am sure! Good part: Five more months to max out those cards on simming items!!:icon_lol:

Don :ernae:

"His math was wrong"? I thought he was getting the info on a direct line from the Big Man, not sure I can believe him now!! :icon_lol:

Cazzie
May 24th, 2011, 02:44
maybe Randy 'The Machoman' Savage died for us and thus prevented the Rapture :d.....oooh yeah!

The irony there is that the Slim Jim plant in Garner, NC closed the same day. :icon_lol:

strega13
May 24th, 2011, 09:58
yep , seems to be it

RIP macho man !