View Full Version : Uploaded book 2 converting to a 3d model

Robert John
May 20th, 2011, 06:56
"Models old to new"
Converting to a 3d model
==================
BOOK 2
==================
This package gives you a link to Modelconverterx you will need to follow this tutorial.
You will learn how to convert a sca/bgl into a 3d model.

You can then use this 3d model in gmax or another drawing package that imports 3d objects.
Modelconverterx is a powerful tool for flight sim designers.

Please leave feedback to all the addons, tutorial, ect,you download as this gives encouragement to developers.

Hope you enjoy.

Robert John

Rami
May 20th, 2011, 07:01
RJ,

Outstanding work, I'm sure it will be well-received! :jump:

Captain Kurt
May 20th, 2011, 09:41
This will probably be over my poor head :isadizzy: but I'm going to download and read it through anyway. Thanks Robert

Robert John
May 20th, 2011, 09:57
The tutorial is just the basics and with plenty of screenshots.any probs please pm me.
If you require a little help to revamp the models for your textures just ask.
RJ

ropke200
May 20th, 2011, 11:17
so? I need help

ropke200
May 20th, 2011, 11:22
"Models old to new"
Converting to a 3d model
==================
BOOK 2
==================
This package gives you a link to Modelconverterx you will need to follow this tutorial.
You will learn how to convert a sca/bgl into a 3d model.

You can then use this 3d model in gmax or another drawing package that imports 3d objects.
Modelconverterx is a powerful tool for flight sim designers.

Please leave feedback to all the addons, tutorial, ect,you download as this gives encouragement to developers.

Hope you enjoy.

Robert John

I don,t understand what 3D have to do with my problem?

Robert John
May 20th, 2011, 11:33
Ropke200
What is your problem.
RJ

ropke200
May 20th, 2011, 13:13
Ropke200
What is your problem.
RJ

When you build new mission on CFS2 that includes bombing mission for nonflyable (AI) aircraft (lets say B-24 or G4M2) but when it’s time to drop bombs the plane drop just one bomb. So how can I make it to drop all its bombs not one?

Talon
May 20th, 2011, 14:06
When you build new mission on CFS2 that includes bombing mission for nonflyable (AI) aircraft (lets say B-24 or G4M2) but when it’s time to drop bombs the plane drop just one bomb. So how can I make it to drop all its bombs not one?

ropke,

This has been answered for you several times and you have been given alternative solutions. What is it you don't understand? It can't be done,I've tried for years to solve it.Level bombers will only drop 1 Bomb.Tactical bombers,fighters and divebombers will drop all bombs when setup right. It's hard coded into the game.

Talon

Seagull V
May 20th, 2011, 14:32
Hello Robert and all dudes with a similar problem

When I extracted the file I extracted it to another folder which had a long name, the PDF had an equally long name, with the result that I recieved a file open error. When I shortened the folder name, hey presto it worked.

Strongly suggest that when you download the file and go to extract the file that you use the "Extract Here" option rather than to File.

Another useful book to help newbies to these programs work out what they should be doing.

Regards, SGV

Rami
May 20th, 2011, 18:08
To all,

I tried the download and it worked fine, but I will shorten up the name for you. Let's see if that helps.

sc7500
May 20th, 2011, 19:48
...I tried the download and it worked fine, but I will shorten up the name for you. Let's see if that helps...

No Joy - it downloads, but refuses to open.

The COMPRESSED file name is too long as well - no more than 8 characters to get it to my desktop, and then *I'LL* rename it, Mate ! :salute:

SC
:kilroy:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE:

After sleeping on the challenge I tried it again and was successful i opening the file - here's how I did it:

- Rename the ZIP file to something shorter
- Open the zip file with the WINDOWS Zip file manager, NOT 7-ZIP
- Save the file to your desktop, but RENAME IT to something with 8 letters / numbers.PDF

Read and Learn !

THANKS RJ - Good stuff ! :ernae:
SC
:kilroy:

Robert John
May 24th, 2011, 11:54
I tried the download and it worked fine, but I will shorten up the name for you. Let's see if that helps.
Hi Rami
please shorten the name thankyou.

ropke200
May 24th, 2011, 12:19
Hi Rami
please shorten the name thankyou.

Excuseme but what files you guys talking about? I am not download those (AI) files like B-24, B25, G4M2, Ext.