PDA

View Full Version : Abacus

Nick C
December 7th, 2008, 02:58
I didn't know they had a blog or that they've been around for thirty years.

http://www.abacuspub.com/blog/

MCDesigns
December 7th, 2008, 06:16
Wow, didn't know that either, great read, thanks Nick!

FelixFFDS
December 7th, 2008, 15:23
Adam's blog is more design (FSDS) oriented.

Arnie's blog is more all over the place. Arnie Lee is also an avid photographer, and remember, flightsim products is not Abacus' only "line".

CG_1976
December 7th, 2008, 15:59
Abacus Blogs have been around since about August. Been following Adam's blog learning scenery objects design.

fsafranek
December 7th, 2008, 17:02
The blog is recent but yea, Abacus has been around for years and years.

DennyA
December 7th, 2008, 17:23
I remember having an Abacus book on how to program my Commodore 128...

N2056
December 7th, 2008, 17:28
I remember having an Abacus book on how to program my Commodore 128...

Man! I remember selling those things at Toys-R-Us back in the mid 80's :isadizzy:

Panther_99FS
December 7th, 2008, 17:56
Where would we all have been without FSDS.....:ques:

noshadez
December 7th, 2008, 19:20
I absolutely love the FSDS model program from Abacus by the great (Louis Sinclair) way back years now I have used it.. G-max and 3Ds max needs to make something more simple as this without all the decorations they have..The menu bar is so simple in FSDS but it can do all the things for FS models the same as Gmax or 3ds if you get into it enough with a little tweaking.. You can also make regular (Game models) with it for a popular program called (FPS creator)..in it you can make models for first person 3D shooter games.. Here is a link to one of my demos I made using FSDS--all of the objects in this video (Land,trees,deck,BBq grill) were made in FSDS..the machinegun however was made by FPS creator default..this was done as a joke as I actually bought a new BBQ grill..FSDS RockZ!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE7iqMFNsR8

BananaBob
December 7th, 2008, 19:28
Man that's BBQ abuse, LOL :icon_lol:

MCDesigns
December 7th, 2008, 19:46
Where would we all have been without FSDS.....:ques:

No kidding, it was a big step up for me getting FSDS (thanks to Frank Betts (bush scenery guru) and was the program I did my first aircraft (if you can call it that :redf:) in. I remember the ease of use it had, much, much than Gmax, which took me trying the program several times before actually "getting" it.