PDA

View Full Version : Models old to new tutorial just uploaded

Robert John
May 18th, 2011, 12:19
Hi
if you go to
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?51280-354th-FG-updates-and-progress number 250
you will see my comments on how to do a quick and dirty conversion of a stock library object and rename guid number, object name and texture name.
I will write a tutorial on this subject.
I will also show you how to use this model as a template so you can build it in gmax.
While in gmax you can build a more detailed lod_100 model, even a inside with open doors, or amimated doors.

crashaz
May 18th, 2011, 13:30
:applause::applause::applause: Nice work!

Jagdflieger
May 18th, 2011, 13:32
Sweet!

Ali Cat
May 18th, 2011, 19:17
Any tutorial I applaud. Played with gmax a while back but it was only fiddling. It seems to me that many of us mod and mod and it so rare that it gets written down.

My Complements,
AC

Robert John
May 19th, 2011, 12:45
"Models old to new"
=================
This package gives you links to all the tools you will need to follow this tutorial.
You will learn how to decompile an object bgl file,make changes and recompile.
Ideal for adding new textures to old models so you can have more than one of the same type of object in the same theatre of war.

The disassembled scenery files should not be used for any illegitimate purposes. Please be aware of the fact that scenery files from MS
or from any other company or from private designers are copyrighted. So you should be careful to avoid any infringements of the copyright
of others if you use the disassembled code for any other purpose than to study how scenery design has been done. So never try to make money
by stealing the intellectual property of others!

Robert John

Robert John
May 19th, 2011, 13:35
38371Same but different.
Built using the tutorial I just uploaded.
Hope you find it interesting.
Next Tutorial Load into modelconverterx save as 3ds and import into gmax use as template.
Robert John

Rami
May 19th, 2011, 14:28
Robert John,

This is outstanding work, I'm sure it will be appreciated! By the way, when I approved it, I moved it to the CFS2 Utilities section.

Robert John
May 19th, 2011, 14:33
I think the gmax tutorial should be moved there also.
will be writing more.

Rami
May 19th, 2011, 14:46
RJ,

Done.