PDA

View Full Version : Like landing a 2 to 3# Bass MSWFF Pro 2

flyer01
May 19th, 2011, 11:18
I now have force feedback.

The only why I can describe this MSWFF Pro2 is The feel of the stick is like landing a 2/3# Large mouth Black Bass.

And I have landed lots of them.

Guys this is what it's like with this joystick.

The force you feel is the same.

I have cought hundreds of Bass and for the best fight with black Bass 2/3# are the hardest to land. There the gamers. :icon_lol:

And Yes I have lost many also not having the drag set right. :icon_lol:

I 'm uaing the x52 throttle and buttons with the M$ joy stick.

This joystick is just to real!

All this from the humbly begins of CFS3. And my friends on SOH.

If you look at the goggle site you can see my Hanger/house and that I live next to the best Bass lake in the country.
Its a warm water lake with lost of Black Bass.

Where I live is where the Pool is.

The round cricles on the proprity are from feeding round bails to the live stock. Not crop circles.:icon_lol:

There is hards of deer and plenty of wood for heat in the winter. I never shot the deer other then pictures.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=22102+Swepco+Plant+RD+Gentry,+AR+72734&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=22102+Swepco+Plant+Rd,+Gentry,+Arkansas+7273 4&ll=36.259473,-94.521993&spn=0.00167

I like this joystick some much I'm rambling on.

This is a better flight stick the the X52 with or with out the FF.

Now to fly some ETO.:wiggle:
Cheers,:ernae:
flyer01

flyer01
May 19th, 2011, 18:09
Have used the joystick in ETO and when I shoot the guns the PC table shacks to the point of bouncing things on the desk!

That is the reason thy made the FF joystick so good.

The M$ Combat sim's is what thy where made for and the default setting's in CFS3 are violent rumbles when the guns where fired.

I have used this same joystick in other sim's with FF and there is much more control whith the M$ FF joystick then there is with CFS3. Just more progression with flight sims.

This is old news for the people that have or had a M$ FF joystick.

flyer01:salute:

flyer01
May 19th, 2011, 23:02
Been flying in ETO all evening and what an enjoyable sim this is.

Now that I have a TIR and a FF this is the why the sim was meant to be to be enjoyed.

To hold down the rumbling of the FF of the guns I have put a mouse pad underneath the joystick.
Some thing funny about the strong rumbuling of the FF is that it shakes the monitor so much that the TIR shows the rumble of the guns and the plane shacks on the screen.:applause:

If ya get a good price on a MSWFF Pro 2 get the thing. Best joystick around IMHO.

flyer01

OBIO
May 19th, 2011, 23:18
Flyer

I took a look at the Google link and I envy you for living that close to that lake. I don't know the lake...but I know Bass....Large Mouth are my speciality. That little "cove/inlet" just west of your house with all the fallen trees....man....idle up into that area, pick up my medium action graphite rod, 10 pound test monofilament, a nice 6 inch curl tail plastic worm rigged up Texas style (snagless), cast that worm about 3 feet beyond those trees and bring it over the top of the trunks, then let it slowly sink. That would bring some Bucket Mouths out to feed!

Oh, yeah...since this is a flight sim forum and not a Bass Fishing forum....I'm glad you are enjoying your force feedback joystick. There....on topic.

OBIO

Animal
May 20th, 2011, 06:30
I'd be using topwater and spinnerbaits for those suckers! That joy stick sounds awsome. Which model specifically did you say that was?

flyer01
May 20th, 2011, 10:19
Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick USB PC is the Joystick.

This lake is a warm water lake.

The lake is used to cool the power plant.

In the spring thy shut down for repairs and to clean it like you would a tea kettle.

After thy start the plant and the water starts to get warm the bass go into a feeding frenzies.

If you know the right place to fish you can catch them like parch.

Thy school and hunt like a wolf pack.

You can strike meat and land the wall bangers, by casting on the back side of the school because that is where the bigger fish that are not as fast as the smaller 2/3#
lurk to get the wounded shad or what ever bate fish thy round up to have a meal on.

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick USB PC has the same feel as a medium action rod bring in a 2/3# Bass. Feels good.:icon_lol:

I have found that CFS3 has a different effect on the Joy stick. So its in the programing of the sim.

In CFS3 I have always thought that when getting up on a plane, the sim would try throwing your control off to make it harder to stick meat.

With the FF I see that I was right.:wiggle:

hairyspin
May 20th, 2011, 12:11
The strength of the forcefeedback effects are set in a section of aircraft.cfg, should you want to try modding them. Enjoy!

flyer01
May 20th, 2011, 13:29
The strength of the forcefeedback effects are set in a section of aircraft.cfg, should you want to try modding them. Enjoy!

Thanks hairyspin. I'll have a look. Is this a single aircraft.cfg that covers all of CFS3? Or in each plane?

flyer01

hairyspin
May 20th, 2011, 14:48
Is this a single aircraft.cfg that covers all of CFS3? Or in each plane?

Each aircraft has its own aircraft.cfg, in the aircraft's folder. IIRC you want the section labelled [forcefeedback] - it's usually at the end of the file.

flyer01
May 20th, 2011, 15:46
Each aircraft has its own aircraft.cfg, in the aircraft's folder. IIRC you want the section labelled [forcefeedback] - it's usually at the end of the file.

hairyspin,

I don't know.

That would be alot of work. Or should I just make a heavy metal PC desk out of lead?:icon_lol:

No, I think I will go the aircraft.cfg rout.:ernae:

Thank you for the info,

P.S The Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick USB loads in Windows 7 64 bit auto with no problems.