Wulf190
December 6th, 2008, 23:11
Any news?

Lawdog2360
December 7th, 2008, 01:46
Today, of all days, would be a good day to hear something.:USA-flag:

Bill Kestell
December 7th, 2008, 07:54
Roger that ... especially since I'm watching a PH special on History channel as I type!

crashaz
December 7th, 2008, 08:57
Good news... PHP2 will be free. Bad news... not going to get it all today. I made a push to get it done but fell short when I ran into a bit of trouble on Friday.

Someone tried to make off with the laptop I was carrying... had lots of PHP2 stuff on it besides work stuff. Well of course I was not going to let it go. So I ended up with a black eye for my efforts and some cuts to the face from falling in the bushes.

Good news... did not lose PHP files...

bad news... Mom saw the black eye. :redf:

Now today I will be releasing the shorelines and masking for Oahu today along with the mesh. The GSL layouts are more trickier and I will be releasing these in modules. We want to make sure we limit install issues as much as possible.

I will make a more official post later... a readme if you will because there are a ton of people to be acknowledged.

While it is free... I would ask that if you like what you are getting... along the way as things come together.... then I would ask that you make a small donation to the Outhouse. I realize the economy is tight and all so whatever you could spare to keep the best home for CFS2 a viable option.

I will make a donation in the amount of $500 to the Outhouse right after the start of the New Year to help make up for the loss of donations. I just want to see this out and have people enjoying it.

Details on downloading the first download package will follow.

Make sure you get some pics! ;)

Jagdflieger
December 7th, 2008, 09:57
Crash,

I wish I could have been there to help you. What a sorry scumbag he must have been.

On the brighter side, thanks for all the effort that you've put into this project.

Wulf190
December 7th, 2008, 10:23
Thanks for fighting for us Crash! Sorry 'bout the black eye though...

Looking forward to it all! Will you be releasing the P-40 today?

wolfi
December 7th, 2008, 10:24
thatīs indeed very good news

wolfi

crashaz
December 7th, 2008, 10:43
OK I am just awaiting my login information to upload... been so long I forgot it.

Once I have that I will move to upload and people can fly around Oahu.

Captain Tenneal
December 7th, 2008, 11:15
OK I am just awaiting my login information to upload... been so long I forgot it.

Once I have that I will move to upload and people can fly around Oahu.

Check ur PM Hoss!

I hope the Bastard is lookin 10 times worse!!

way to take one 4 the gipper! dude!

crashaz
December 7th, 2008, 11:24
got the info! Thanks buddy!
:wavey:

crashaz
December 7th, 2008, 11:58
OK just waiting for the link to post. Accurate shorelines and the mesh is done in LOD 10.

I do have an LOD 8 built but thought better to give up some mesh detail in trade for more objects for FPS purposes.

Download link!
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13151

rhumbaflappy
December 7th, 2008, 13:00
Nice shiner, Crash!

Thanks for fighting the good fight.

Dick

Bill Kestell
December 7th, 2008, 13:11
Karma is as karma does ... the sorry sob will get his ... somewhere ... sometime (hopefully when he least. expects it).

While a little OT ... I heard this one the other day (short version):

This guy and his wife had her car stolen from their driveway (it had been her late mom's car ... thus she was really torn up about it).

A couple days/weeks go by and the guy is sitting at a light when this familiar looking car blasts right by in front of him. He gets on his cell and calls his wife ... tells her about the car (which he is now following) and reads her the license number. You guessed it ... it was her car! He calls 911 as he continues following the perp and follows the jerk into a Family Dollar parking lot. And ... get this ... he has the pleasure of watching as the cops bust the sob! Ain't it sweet?

Thanks for taking the hit for all of your fellow sim brothers. I will add the creep to my list of guys that need a special kind of "attitude adjustment" from on high!:friday:

Talon
December 7th, 2008, 14:33
I just talked to Crashaz to see how he was going to do everything for PHP2.I know there is alot to do to setup the scenery but it's well worth it.

After he releases the ships and they are in the Harbor I have to recheck the missions and tweak them for the new ships.This will take a little while as the missions took a long time to do.

Planes

10 Kates-These are setup for the type of mission they will be doing and the Carrier ( textures by Revev ) they flew from.Some will be used to torpedo attack,level bomb and glide bomb.The glide bomb Kates will release full bomb loads ( 7 bombs )

6 Vals - They will have the textures ( by Revev ) from the Carrier they flew from.

2 P40's - By Leroy10 ( Lindsay Watts ) Welch and Taylor ( textures by RobH ).

Talon

Devildog73
December 7th, 2008, 15:32
I'm with Jagd on this. I am getting really tired of defending other countries while we have scumbag, thugs preying on law abiding Americans. :censored:

Ravenna
December 7th, 2008, 16:29
Great news indeed! Thanks Crash. Treat youself to a steak and a bottle of what you fancy! (some Hirudoid might come in handy too!)
:ernae:

crashaz
December 7th, 2008, 16:44
Anyone have any issues with the install? I see 28 downloads now.

smilo
December 7th, 2008, 17:03
nice going crash and that's one beauty of a shiner.
having met you, I am amazed that anyone is stupid enough to try anything on the big man.
well done, protecting the goods.

voyager
December 7th, 2008, 18:02
Installed with no problems for my setup.

Terrific improvement over stock Oahu.

Good work!!!

voyager

crashaz
December 7th, 2008, 18:33
OK myself and JefPat will be working this week on getting GSL releases pushed out. This will come in stages over the next weeks. Meanwhile I think you all should take a refresher course in implementing GSL sceneries if you have any questions.

Still trying to decide how to release them.. as a reference to the GSL inside the missions.... or more permanent by releasing the GSL files with using GSLMan.

Input welcome.
:wavey:

Pen32Win
December 7th, 2008, 20:15
Sorry to see you got a shiner, glad to hear the scumbag didn't get away with it.
Sorry I wasn't there to give him a .45 LC Mental Enema. Looking forward to the new stuff. :ernae:

Wulf190
December 7th, 2008, 23:32
I don't understand it. I installed the files, but I don't see any of the airfields to select. I even made sure that the filelist files were deleted.

edit:

OK so I am showing the airfield grounds in game, but I show no entries to select the airfields from the drop down airfield menu.

crashaz
December 8th, 2008, 06:34
Yep that sounds about right... I have been looking for a better way of adding to airbases.dat.... but have not found a better answer than just listing the entries...

remember to order them numbers properly in your own file!

[runway.XXX]
id=XXXX
name=Wheeler Field
base_lat=N21 28.78
base_lon=W158 2.75
base_alt=841.28
heading=58.10
allegiance=0
units_across=2
takeoff_start_pos=-400,0
takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
landing_start_pos=5000,350
landing_touchdown_pos=500,0
landing_stop_pos=-250,0

[runway.XXX]
id=XXXX
name=Haleiwa
base_lat=N21 36.71
base_lon=W158 5.57
base_alt=4.67
heading=218.40
allegiance=0
units_across=2
takeoff_start_pos=-400,0
landing_stop_pos=-250,0

Jagdflieger
December 8th, 2008, 07:04
Lookin Good Crash. Diamond Head is the best I've seen it in any sim.

Excuse the stock MS water. I just reinstalled my Pearl Harbor installation and haven't gotten around to replacing the water textures yet.

Pen32Win
December 8th, 2008, 07:39
WOW, WOW, WOW:ernae::friday::applause:

Wulf190
December 8th, 2008, 08:57
*Raises Hand*

I've never had to manually in put airbases before, didn't even know it could be done like that. I am curious as to why Ohau's airfields did not show up.

I thought the the airfields only had to be entered in to the airbases.dat file if they were going to be used in missions.

edit:
Well I entered the entries in to my airbases.dat, but still when I go to FF and try to select Wheeler. It's not showing up. I thought there could be a cap on the number of airfields (like the aircraft limit), but when I disabled some other airfield installs, the Oahu fields still did not show up.

crashaz
December 8th, 2008, 09:30
Check to see if you have Bellows Field in your list of airfields?

I see I created an bellows_AFD.bgl.

these AFD type BGLs prevent us from having to add via the airbases.dat file.

Let me know if you see Bellows.:wavey:

Wulf190
December 8th, 2008, 09:31
Unfortunatly I don't. :isadizzy:

I tried to even install Bellows by itself, and still no dice.

gavinc
December 8th, 2008, 09:48
Hi,
Sorry to be a pain in the ....
I am having the same problem that Wulf190 is having. I only see a field called Untitled Scenery in the free flight list. When I go there I can physically see the other airfield.

Gavin

Edit: I just tried an install into my "Test Environment" which is the least modified of my installs and I get the same results, the airfields are there - just not accessible via free flight or quick combat. Weird huh?

Wulf190
December 8th, 2008, 10:01
Hi,
Sorry to be a pain in the ....
I am having the same problem that Wulf190 is having. I only see a field called Untitled Scenery in the free flight list. When I go there I can physically see the other airfield.

Gavin

Like Gavin, I found Bellows, but it's listed as untitled scenery.

crashaz
December 8th, 2008, 10:02
Ah yes... that is Bellows Field.

OK let me get a proper airfield list together for the airfields around the island.

PSULLYKEYS
December 8th, 2008, 13:08
Thanks Crash...... will wait for AF list!

The B24 Guy
December 8th, 2008, 13:57
Hi All,

Thanks Crashaz. Great stuff.

Here is a couple of airfield BGL's for you all. Bellows is now Named and I added Ford Island. These now show up in Freeflight. I really don't know what I am doing. I just hacked the Ford Island one together. Just remove the .txt extension and install in the Ohau folder, delete the filelist.dat file and restart CFS2.

Regards,
B24Guy

Ravenna
December 8th, 2008, 16:16
Thanks B24Guy and Crash!

Oglivie
December 8th, 2008, 16:40
"Someone tried to make off with the laptop I was carrying... had lots of PHP2 stuff on it besides work stuff. Well of course I was not going to let it go. So I ended up with a black eye for my efforts and some cuts to the face from falling in the bushes."

You are a defender of Pearl Harbor Crashaz.:medals:

Be careful of those scumbags lurking around....conceal valuables if possible to prevent their scummy opportunities of theft.

Thank You Crashaz and B24 Guy for the downloads.

Ravenna
December 8th, 2008, 18:35
Just a small question Crashaz......which airfield is this?

The B24 Guy
December 8th, 2008, 18:40
Hi All,

Here is the data for you airbase.dat file so they will show up in Mission Builder.

[runway.xxx]
id=xxxx
name=Bellows Field
base_lat=N21 21.34
base_lon=W157 43.52
base_alt=7.36
heading=39.60
allegiance=0
units_across=2
takeoff_start_pos=-400,0
landing_stop_pos=-250,0

[runway.xxx]
id=xxxx
name=Ford Island Air Station
base_lat=N21 21.56
base_lon=W157 57.97
base_alt=7.06
heading=46.40
allegiance=0
units_across=2
takeoff_start_pos=-400,0
landing_stop_pos=-250,0

[runway.xxx]
id=xxxx
name=Hickam Field
base_lat=N21 20.03
base_lon=W157 57.63
base_alt=7.37
heading=39.60
allegiance=0
units_across=2
takeoff_start_pos=-400,0
landing_stop_pos=-250,0

Also here is a quick BGL for Hickam Field for use in Freeflight.

Regards,
B24Guy

P. S. Ravenna, It is Hickam.

Jagdflieger
December 8th, 2008, 21:39
Ravenna,

That's Hickam Army Air Base. Still in use today and is a major hub for Air Transport Command.

They still use the same hangars from December 7th and you can see bullet chips in many of them. The GSL scenery package will place exact replicas of them on the airbase as well as all the other buildings.

It is connected with Honolulu International via taxi ways and the two airports share the same runways.

miamieagle
December 9th, 2008, 04:38
Thank you very much!:jump:

p14u2nv
December 9th, 2008, 05:12
Outstanding, thank you to all involved in this project. And to think I thought that CFS2 was simply thought to be outdated and everyone just gave up when "The Zone" went down!

gavinc
December 9th, 2008, 08:19
Thanks Guys

Those AFD files did the trick.

Gavin

The B24 Guy
December 9th, 2008, 09:06
Ha All,

Here is Kaneohe Bay Air Station.

[runway.xxx]
id=xxxx
name=Kaneohe Bay Air Station
base_lat=N21 26.78
base_lon=W157 46.43
base_alt=7.21
heading=29.60
allegiance=0
units_across=2
takeoff_start_pos=-400,0
landing_stop_pos=-250,0

And the BGL

Regards,
B24Guy

bobhegf
December 9th, 2008, 11:48
Just a thought fellows. CFS2 stock airbase data files cause the AI to takeoff in one direction and land in the other direction.I posted a fix for this about 3 weeks ago if anyone is interested.This fix will allow the AI to takeoff and land in the same direction. The best way to use it is to put it at the end if the active runway you want to use.it is really cool to watch them fly over and brake for landing.

The B24 Guy
December 9th, 2008, 12:52
Hi All,

And another one bites the dust. This time Ewa Field.

[runway.xxx]
id=xxxx
name=Ewa Field
base_lat=N21 19.28
base_lon=W158 3.37
base_alt=42.01
heading=47.60
allegiance=0
units_across=2
takeoff_start_pos=-400,0
landing_stop_pos=-250,0

And the BGL.

Regards,
B24Guy

crashaz
December 9th, 2008, 13:11
Ewa.. Barbers Point... almost the same.
Should be named Ewa Field though.

Thanks for all the help B-24Guy!:ernae:

I figured doing it this way would also help get us the best PHPv2 possible..... lots of smart people here to help tighten things up! :friday:

Wulf190
December 9th, 2008, 16:55
Thanks a ton B-24 guy!

The B24 Guy
December 9th, 2008, 17:32
Ewa.. Barbers Point... almost the same.
Should be named Ewa Field though.

You are all welcome. I have learned a few things in the process.
Ewa, I thought that was just letters that stood for something else.
Easy to fix though.

Really looking forward to the next installment.:applause:

Posted the corrected file above.

Don't forget to Delete the Barbers.BGL and change the name in the Airbases.dat file.

Regards,
B24Guy

The B24 Guy
December 10th, 2008, 16:17
Hi All,

Here are the final two BGL files. Wheeler and Haleiwa Fields.

Crashaz already posted the Airbases.dat info.

Regards,
B24Guy

Jaxon
December 10th, 2008, 18:53
I think, I have installed the first part correctly.
Damn, this is a nice panorama!

Only on the second pic, there is glitch in the water.
Reason is probably two different texture sets:
-My just installed dark ETO-North Sea Water in the main TEXTURE folder.
-The brighter blue Pacific textures in the WORLD/texture folder

Jagdflieger
December 10th, 2008, 19:24
Jaxon,

I think that you're right. It must be a conflict between the water .bgl files fighting for priority. I normally just cut all my textures from the Scenedb>World>Texture file and paste them all in the CFS 2>Texture file. Rhumbaflappy came up with that solution and it works very well, particularly if you have multiple texture sets for seasons. With numerous installations, I keep water sets specific to each theater, but with the above procedure, you should be able to turn different water sets on and off just like the seasons.

Go to avsim.com and search for Rhumbaflappy and then look for his seasonal texture sets. Then use the instructions to set up your water textures for the Pacific and Europe. Then you can turn them on and off with the Scenery Library.

While I haven't tried this with water textures, it should work.

Attached is the readme file from Rhumbaflappy.

Marty
December 11th, 2008, 04:57
where are the ships, aircraft, and buildings for this project to be located?
I am reall looking forward to this great project. Many Thanks.

:wiggle::mixedsmi::wavey:

Jagdflieger
December 11th, 2008, 06:35
Marty,

If I can be so bold as to speak for Crashaz and his team, the PHPv2 project will be released in several packages. Ships, infrastructure and aeroplanes will come in later uploads.

Skipsan
December 11th, 2008, 07:02
I belive my question has been answered indirectly? I un-install PHP v1.0, then installed crashaz'z PHP Oahu plus B24Guy's ADF.BGL entires. Air bases and Nav. Sta. all are present and accounted for.

Now should I have un-installed PHP v1.0?
Well the buildings show up in later down loads?

An inquiring mined needs to know:isadizzy:

Skipsan:kilroy:

Bill Kestell
December 11th, 2008, 15:06
How about someone posting a nice map of Oahu with the locations of the various fields indicated. I know where Ford Island and Hickam are ... but not certain about some of the others.

Ravenna
December 11th, 2008, 16:41
I do have a good map of Hawaii Bill but I don't think it has all the listed bases on it. I'll take a look and get back to you.
I am having a problem with the airbases.dat I have not come across before. I have added the entries set out above, but the airfield entries do not come up in MB or on the map of Oahu. My last Oahu entry was runway 225, but I didn't think this constituted a problem with XP. I have checked the coords in the entries against the FF starting coords and they match up. Any ideas?

sc7500
December 11th, 2008, 16:49
I don't have a lot of info for the Satellite air bases, but this map copied from the Pear Harbor Memorial Website should do the trick for ship placement.

SC
:kilroy:

crashaz
December 11th, 2008, 17:17
How about someone posting a nice map of Oahu with the locations of the various fields indicated. I know where Ford Island and Hickam are ... but not certain about some of the others.

Here is one I think you are interested in:
http://www.subhunters.ca/maps/pearattmap.gif

Also good info:

http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/pearlharbor/

Click on the Multimedia Map and Time Line

Look at Northern and Southern Oahu lists in link below:
http://www.airfields-freeman.com/HI/Airfields_HI.htm

crashaz
December 11th, 2008, 17:25
BTW.... thinking about delivering Haliewa and possibly even Kaneohe scenery this weekend. :wavey:

Ravenna
December 11th, 2008, 20:37
Is there an upper limit to the number of runway entries in airbases.dat?

EC_ILO
December 12th, 2008, 00:55
I had time ago an airbases.dat with circa 600 entries without problem and my actual Pacific file contains 308... and is still growing.

The only issue I can think of is this: have you duplicated any base ID or skipped (or duplicated) any runway number? If so, at the first offending one the sim stops to read the file and you can't "see" the remaining bases.

If previous to install the impressive Crashaz's Ohau (THANKS, CRASHAZ :ernae::ernae:) you had not probs, and the only bases missing are the last ones, I would check the file for the corresponding entries.

Regards,

EC_ILO

Ravenna
December 12th, 2008, 03:25
Thanks Ec,
I'll look into it!

PSULLYKEYS
December 12th, 2008, 06:40
Super Updates B24 guy!! :ernae:I'm sure I have to deactivate the Martin Wright Hawaii to install this new stuff. I'm hoping perhaps some of the other islands, like Maui, are on a back burner somewhere...:kilroy:

Bill Kestell
December 12th, 2008, 07:46
Thanks, Crashaz! Now I know where I am and where I'm going. (At least on Oahu)

EC_ILO
December 12th, 2008, 15:02
Psully, you don' need to deactivate the Martin's scenery: delete in his scenery folder the Ford_AFD, Ford_INF and Ford_RWY.bgl files so you can continue to fly the MW Hawaii with the Crashaz Ohau.

EC_ILO

Cowboy1968
December 13th, 2008, 06:11
Has Wheeler been done yet?, and as for the GSL, it would be nice to have it permanent that could be used outside the missions.

PSULLYKEYS
December 16th, 2008, 10:24
Thanks Ec Ilo!!!:ernae:

Flying Buckeye
March 6th, 2009, 08:15
I can't wait for this project to be released. I really want to fight off swarms of Japs in a P-40 and fly for the Japs as one of hundreds of planes!:woot:

Flying Buckeye
March 6th, 2009, 19:43
I have some ideas for missions. There could be a total of 6 from the Japanese side and two American Missions. The Japanese Missions could be attacking planes trying to take off, with zeros bombing an air force base with a Kate or Val Attacking Ships with all three planes and escorting the bombers with Zeros. The American Missions could be attacking the Japanese with P-36s and trying to get a B-17 on the ground during the attack. The American's actually fought the Japanese with P-36s and not the P-40s that we are used to seeing.

Flying Buckeye
March 6th, 2009, 20:12
If this was for CFS3 you could probably make a drivable ship with working anti aircraft guns so we could shoot at the Japanese planes from the ground and we could use the bomb sights on Vals.

bobhegf
March 6th, 2009, 21:27
We have the ships that you can drive and use the guns on and the Vals have a good bomb sight.:typing:

Talon
March 7th, 2009, 05:29
The P-36 did attack the Japanese force but so did the P-40.Welch and Taylor tookoff from Haleiwa in P-40's,this is usually the attack you hear the most about,and landed at Wheeler.They than tookoff again from Wheeler while it was under attack and attacked the Japanese planes again.Welch was wounded during the second attack.

Talon

Talon
March 8th, 2009, 19:37
Actually I have missions with over a 140 planes attacking battleship row and nearby airfields in the first wave.One you fly a Kate and torpedo the ships and the other you fly the Kate as a level bomber.Second wave you attack airfields and BB Nevada with Kate bombers and Vals while Zeros attack airfields.

Talon

scruff
April 1st, 2009, 02:46
i still cant get the airfields to show up,but i can see them.ive put the bgl files in the oahu folder,deleted filelist and copy and pasted the airbases in to the airbse .dat,numbers are in sequence,but i still get no joy.

bobhegf
April 1st, 2009, 11:49
Has anyone done the controll tower for Ford Island?:typing: