PDA

View Full Version : yet another mystery

KellyB
May 17th, 2011, 14:29
In ETO, I have my joystick set to differentiate between guns and cannons -- trigger for guns and button 2 for cannons.

In BOB CFS3, this arrangement doesn't work. If I pull the trigger for guns on a Spit or Hurri, they don't fire; only if I use button 2 which is set for cannons.

In the xpd's, armament is defined as guns, not cannons.

The stock keyboard commands are also not working as they should. SHIFT space for guns and CONTROL space for guns works the same as the joystick.

What's up?

greycap.raf
May 18th, 2011, 01:59
I have a feeling that the guns are still modelled as cannons to get better bullet strike effects.

KellyB
May 18th, 2011, 04:25
Bingo Greycap; you nailed it!

I only looked in the Guns folder--forgot completely about "bullet" vs "shell" in the weapons folder.

Thanks.

Another mystery solved!:icon29:

Capt. Winters
May 22nd, 2011, 15:51
Hi Guys,

no I dont think that is your problem Kellyb, the guns on the BOB-CFS3 spits are pointing to the stock CFS3 303 browning weapon.

the 303_8xbrowning_gun.xdp used by the BoB spits was created using the stock 303_browning_gun.xdp file, the only edit was a name change and to point the game to a new sound file for the 8 brownings firing at the same time.

Its still using the stock CFS3 303 browning weapon.

I have also tested the stock keyboard commands that you mentioned and I am getting the correct response. shift + space fires guns, control + space fires cannons, (but with the MkI spits it does nothing as no cannon)

I would be looking at your BoB joystick configeration some more.

HTH's

regards Rob.

KellyB
May 23rd, 2011, 04:43
Thanks for the suggestion, but it was the xpd for the 303 browning. Its weapon type had been changed from bullet to shell, making cfs3 think it was a cannon. when I changed it back to bullet, the problem went away and it was back to ops normal.

Changing from bullet to shell gives more visible bullet strikes in ground attacks, as in the thread below, but it means you have cannons where there should be guns.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?48096-bullet-strikes-compared-to-cannon-strikes