PDA

View Full Version : Anything new in the WWI arena?

stoney
May 17th, 2011, 11:55
I was wondering if there had been any news on a new WWI campaign for CFS2?

Jagdflieger
May 17th, 2011, 20:55
I haven't heard of anything Stony. With the demise of the Aerodrome site, we've been out in the rain I'm afraid.

We've certainly got a variety of aeroplanes for such an undertaking as well as some great scenery to include the trenches and some WW I ships, vehicles and tents. I've mucked about building up missions using it all and it is quite a fun theater for CFS 2.

kdriver
May 18th, 2011, 09:36
Hi Jagdflieger,

Where did you get that German tank?

sc7500
May 18th, 2011, 11:05
...Where did you get that German tank?...

I'm just guessing, but it looks like one of Sylvia's SCW-R-17 tanks.

The file name in my own archives is Piloto_Azul_scw_R17-TANK.zip. If you can't find it online, drop me a PM with your private email, and I'll send it to you, okay ?

SC
:kilroy:

stoney
May 18th, 2011, 11:56
Gee, those are neat Jagdflieger! Could you be prevailed upon to U/L some of your missions and such:jump:? I've sallied forth in all of Gary Aumaugher 1916 campaign. I found them to be really fun to fly. I guess the 1917 do is still on hold more or less permanently.

Jagdflieger
May 18th, 2011, 13:45
I checked my library for the A7A and could not find the author's name as it has no readme file in the zip. Given that, I'll attach it here. If the author reads this, please claim credit as it is a fine object for CFS 2.

Jagdflieger
May 18th, 2011, 14:07
Stony,

I don't have a WW I installation right now. I'm between deployments and my computer changes faster than the weather here in the NW. Whenever I update my computer or CFS 2 installations I generally throw the old stuff out with the wash water and start over. I have zipped up my theater installations and I can install them faster than trying to transfer an old installation to a new lap top.

I do keep some of the screen shots in a SS library for later reference to particular scenery or aeroplanes.

PomBee
May 18th, 2011, 16:00
I have been assembling a WW1 interface, complete with nationality screens, but I sort of stalled due to farmwork taking a priority. I'll get back to it soon. I hope.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

kdriver
May 19th, 2011, 05:46
Tanks very much Jagd. :ernae:

CrisGer
May 23rd, 2011, 11:07
We have a German Zepplin that has been updated and is available now...and I have sent the Scapa Flow files to the Library several times but dont think it has gotten posted yet.

German Zepplin with repaint files for retexturing
http://www.gamefront.com/files/17729501/L44___Full_ZIP

Jagdflieger
May 23rd, 2011, 17:13
Watch out for these guys!

tony2
May 24th, 2011, 14:50
I've found some good planes and missions at Artocreate.

http://aerocrate.com/home.html

Hope this helps.

T

stoney
May 24th, 2011, 16:14
Thanks guys for the replies:wavey:. I'm quite looking forward to anything new in this arena.

Say. Jagd, are you in C130s? I was a flying crew chief in C130D ski birds (17th T.A.S.) That, after a few years in C133As, in the 1960s.

Jagdflieger
May 24th, 2011, 17:18
Stony,

I've been flying in them for over 40 years from VN to the current fray. Funy thing though, I've got over 100 fewer landings in them than take offs! From short dirt airstrips at high altitude to S/L and HALO jumps, in flight refueling while in an MH-53 from an HC-130 and just plain transportation around the world and in theater. She's one Hell of ride.

Just some trivia for the Faithful: The C-130 has been in service since 1954 and there is no replacement for it in sight. I flew in one once that had Bob Hope's signature in magic marker inside the fuselage.

My hat's off to you and all the other great crews on the old Herc.