PDA

View Full Version : iFly Releases 737NGX

JayKae
May 16th, 2011, 13:23
Go and get it guys!
http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=3105&title=get-the-ifly737-for-fsx-here
for liveries
http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=3106&title=fsx-livery-pack-download-details

spotlope
May 16th, 2011, 18:05
Wow, I knew this wasn't a big tube flier hangout, but the silence is deafening! Thanks for the HU, Jay.

peter12213
May 16th, 2011, 18:25
Never been a civi tube flyer but is this the one with the Hud guys??

spotlope
May 16th, 2011, 19:52
Never been a civi tube flyer but is this the one with the Hud guys??

As I understand it, the Boeing Business Jet version (BBJ) has a HGS. However, the one that PMDG is working on looks a bit more advanced, being collimated and all that. It should be out soon, too.

CG_1976
May 16th, 2011, 20:29
It's silent because im having too much fun with the Ifly 737.

Montie
May 16th, 2011, 23:59
I can not decide whether to get iFly or wait for PMDG. Any reports on the iFly model yet? Which models are included, the whole 737 series?

Kiwikat
May 17th, 2011, 09:50
The whole NG series is included 600 through BBJ. Definitely a great bang/buck ratio. It is also a very high fidelity addon. It doesn't have anywhere near as many problems as something like the CS 757. I've not run into any problems at all.

My main complaint is the FPS. I hope PMDG does better, otherwise I'll have to stick to flying the iFly version in FS9. PMDG did an awesome job on FPS with the MD-11, so I'm hoping they can do the same with the NGX. It will be nice having two great FSX-native 737's to choose from, likely at different price points so everyone can enjoy them.

Job well done iFly! Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us in the future. :ernae:

Bjoern
May 17th, 2011, 14:25
Wow, I knew this wasn't a big tube flier hangout, but the silence is deafening!

No love for jets with pax...no love at all.

My main complaint is the FPS.

My desire to buy the model has just evaporated. Thanks for saving me from a mistake, Kiwi!

JayKae
May 17th, 2011, 16:51
You are missing out Bjoern, this iFly is absolutely fabulous, the FPS do not hit me at all, then again I do not have a run of the mill system. Also iFly is already working on something to help some users with FPS probs.

The flight model as far as I can tell is amazing, it looks good and it flies nice, just enough level of realism for me with the FS2Crew addon..... winner.. WINNER

flaviossa
May 17th, 2011, 17:27
No problem with fps hit here too! A winner endeed!

Kiwikat
May 17th, 2011, 22:55
It seems the problem with FPS is related to the mouse cursor. There is a pretty extensive thread on the iFly forum about it. If they can fix this problem the FPS wouldn't be bad at all.

CG_1976
May 18th, 2011, 09:07
Well the Fs9 Canadian North Paint converted and is now proudly flying on the FSX Ifly. I have no issues with FPS anywhere. Must be the AMD Phenom tech in my box:running:. And no FPS issues using Sidney Schwartz's Rankin Inlet which is Fs9 scenery but works well in FSX with the FSX native Nunavut Extremes.

Bjoern
May 18th, 2011, 09:36
Also iFly is already working on something to help some users with FPS probs.

It seems the problem with FPS is related to the mouse cursor. There is a pretty extensive thread on the iFly forum about it. If they can fix this problem the FPS wouldn't be bad at all.

Well, should things improve after the SP, I'll take another look at it.

It just strikes me that FPS savings aren't a priority during development. Landing and departing at 10 FPS on big airports is no fun at all...

Roadburner440
May 18th, 2011, 11:29
I think I will be honest (speaking for myself here) and say that I think we are at a point in FSX where most products these days are going to look great visually. Choosing an end product such as the 737 NG will depend on how you intend on flying (whether you want to go through tons of checklists, hop in and fly, etc).. I personally am a big fan of the PMDG products, and will be holding out for PMDG's NGX (already sunk the money into the paper manuals anyway). Depending on where PMDG prices the NGX will depend on this one is a good buy or not, so that question will remain unanswered. Personally I'm ready for some legacy 737's to start popping up, as they seem to not be getting as much attention as the NG's.

trisager
May 18th, 2011, 14:25
Very nice product with lots of depth. No issues with FPS here - the product is sold via the Flight1 wrapper anyway, so the usual 30-day money-back guarantee applies. Not that I expect to take advantage of it ...

Barfly
May 18th, 2011, 14:36
the iFly covers an impressive depth of systems and as a whole is a higher quality product than Ariane, but won't be quite at the level of PMDG. It is really nice, and if you can't wait for PMDG it's worth getting, especially with a discount if you already have the FS9 version.