PDA

View Full Version : Tuskegee Airmen missions MAW Anzio

HouseHobbit
May 16th, 2011, 08:28
Low level airbase attack.. In a P-47 is FUN..
Have a Look..

HouseHobbit
May 16th, 2011, 08:30
And dancing ships, make for a hard target..

Led Zeppelin
May 17th, 2011, 07:09
Some nice juicy targets there!!

Are those missions historicall or are they what if?

loverboy1
May 17th, 2011, 07:37
historical- in hobbits world and a shot of scotch:summary of histrical missions- from hobbit - he will turn the book upside down and make us think

the

History Of The World Part 1, Intro

on other words pending on your

loverboy1
May 17th, 2011, 07:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTH8_elwCpA

HouseHobbit
May 17th, 2011, 14:26
History of the World Part 1 is a favorite movie of mine.. TOO COOL LB..:applause: :applause:

Led,
I am not the History Master, Like you and Beau and PRang, Pat Paddle, Major Magee are..
I do not make any claims I have your skill or the others abilities in this area..

I have tried to place in the set missions that give the types of missions the Tuskegee Airmen flew during the battle at Anzio..
These are based on historical events during the time the Tuskegee Airmen flew at Anzio in Italy..
But I will not say they are perfectly Historical.. Just that I have tried to give the feeling of what these brave fighter pilots did during this time..
It was a very active time for the Tuskegee Airmen, and where they earned their reputation as pilots..
I also have tired to build a set that most all computer will be able to run without causing low FPS rates.. The scenery is complex, and the action lively..
With the Aircraft from Foo Fighter and Wildbat that are beautiful..
I like the P-47, and I haven't done a lot of P-47 missions so this is a treat for me..

I realize there are Much better men (Like you) that build historical missions then any thing I have done..
Are they perfectly Historcial NO, But I am trying to give the feel of what happened during these days..
I used the stock base at Pescara in the above shots, where the Tuskegee airman attacked During this time in Italy for these screenshots..
The overall mission set is based on events during these days is all..
Building these in MAW was fun, I did a Anzio set for ETO but not MAW until now..

HouseHobbit
May 18th, 2011, 00:18
I Have researched this and discovered some of the actions over Anzio an example, on Jan 27-28 the Tuskegee airmen engaged Fw 190's over Anzio
and in Feb 7-8 again engaged Fw 190's over Anzio, I placed missions to represent this in the package..
They also did strike missions there, again represented.. and later engaged german Bombers ( Ju 88- Do 217's) also represented..
As were strikes against german airbases in Italy in supporting Anzio also

Not truly What-if's but due to the limitations of MAW, not having all the proper airbases for the Tuskegee airmen, it isn't possible to make them perfectly historical..
In the P-40 set I added airbases in the approximate places for this..

But in these I used the stock base at foggia to launch from since it is the area where they were based..
I don't have detailed info on what German units they shot down the aircraft from,( or accurate numbers sent by the Germans) So I used the proper aircraft ie; fw 190' Ju 88's that we have for MAW right now..
We are limited somewhat in MAW since No one is working this this now..

I am attempting to give all a feel for what the Tuskegee men did during the fight at ANZIO with these..