PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cranberries

burcham8
May 16th, 2011, 05:44
Guys,

I know the new Flying Stations Canberras; I have them all so far.

What I'd like to know is this...What are the differences between the Canberras (not B-57s) of:
1. Bill Holker
2. Phoenix Designs
3. Paul Foster

There are differences in the texture files, but what else?

Thanks in advance!

Marc Burcham
Lilburn, Georgia, USA

AndyG43
May 16th, 2011, 06:10
Steve will be the expert here, but obviously they are different designers so they will have compiled very different models (although I though Phoenix Designs and Paul Foster were the same entity?). Steve did a lot of repaints for Canberra's, all hosted on his old site (http://www.nazcastudios.com/), mostly he repainted the Holker Canberra, apart from the Mk 8 which was made by Paul Foster (I believe adapted from his old B2 at Steve's request) - he was also kind enough to host a few of my own poor efforts as well!! :icon_lol:

nazca_steve
May 16th, 2011, 14:25
Hello Marc,

Andy has put you on the right track; Paul Foster/Phoenix Designs (one and the same) and Bill Holker's models are different models by different designers. It depends on what you are after - there are several F-16s, Mustangs, Vulcans etc. out there by different teams, so that is what this really boils down to as well - the same type built by different teams. What I can do is outline the major differences as I know them:

Flying Stations Canberras feature:

-completely scratch-built FDE
-functioning VC
-weapons effects
-more parked config details, such as ladders, trolleys etc.
-opening access hatches that were not on some of the Holker/Foster models
-new 2D popup panels to control some of the custom animations (ejector seats, droppable payloads, jettisonable drop tanks etc.)

Hopefully this answers some of your questions.

Jagdflieger
May 16th, 2011, 18:35
Speaking of different Canberras, does anyone know of a good frame rate friendly Canberra for AI use?

Mick
May 17th, 2011, 04:35
Ito made a B.2 and a PR.9, released together as a package, and a prototype, released separately.

You should be able to find the B.2 & PR.9 package at FlightSim.com and probably elsewhere.

The prototype was released in cooperation with a group called Anglo-Virtual Aviation (www.anglovirtual.4t.com (http://www.anglovirtual.4t.com)) and may only be available at SimViation. (The download links on their site redirect to the files on SimV; they seem to have no files hosted on their site. Also, they don't seem to have updated their site for at least several years.) As far as I can tell, the only difference between his B.2 and prototype is the paint job; I believe it's the same model.

I use Ito's B.2 in my AI scheme, painted as an RB-57A.

I believe I released a couple RB-57A repaints for the B.2 back when it was first released.

burcham8
May 17th, 2011, 09:30
Thanks to all of you.

Marc

NazcaSteve, permit me to say that you and cloud9gal have the best avatars on the site.
Yours, however, reminds me of my wife when we married 30 years ago! :jump:

nazca_steve
May 17th, 2011, 10:06
Glad to have been of service Marc, and to have brought back some happy memories! That is some of my own artwork; I flitted between a brunette and blonde version of her; I think the blonde lives on here now :)