PDA

View Full Version : Bill Lester wins one (Jayski.com)

Daveroo
May 15th, 2011, 08:53
Bill Lester wins Grand-Am event: former NASCAR dirver Bill Lester became the first black driver to win a Grand-Am Road Racing event, teaming with Jordan Taylor to top the Rolex Series' GT class Saturday in the Bosch Engineering 250 at Virginia International Raceway. "We're ecstatic," Lester said. "Everything came together for us. We knew at the beginning of the season that this team had a lot of potential." The breakthrough victory in the Autohaus Motorsports Chevrolet Camaro came in the hometown of auto racing pioneer Wendell Scott, the only black driver to win a NASCAR Sprint Cup race. "I'm sure that the Scott family would be happy about what I was able to accomplish," Lester said. "I actually spent some time at the Scott residence in Danville and saw Wendell's old garage and sat in one of his race cars. It was quite an honor for me."(Associated Press/ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?id=6550083&campaign=link&source=JAYSKI))(5-15-2011)

ive allways been a lester fan....i had high hopes for him in nascar but i think that (self edited)

redriver6
May 15th, 2011, 10:47
i watched most of that race late last night when they replayed it on Speed....it was a really good race...especially when they were racing in a rain storm...:icon_eek:

and whats up with that 25,000 dollar bounty on the Ganassi cars???:icon_lol:

Cazzie
May 15th, 2011, 17:29
It was a wash out at first, should not have been racing. I live only 13 miles from the track and it was boring. Cars were hydroplaning all over. Good to see someone beside the Tel-Mex car win at VIR.

Caz

Daveroo
May 16th, 2011, 07:24
there is one draw back to me...scott is a nieghbor and friend....so i hate it when he doesnt win...........:running:

Panther_99FS
May 16th, 2011, 10:03
:ernae::ernae::ernae: