PDA

View Full Version : AFCAD question?

Hooky722
May 13th, 2011, 11:42
can anybody tell me if theres a Scenery exclusion somewhere in AFCAD 2.2 and if so where it is because my usual tricks for spiriting away Autogen buildings and trees aren't working

Regards

Hooky

Desert Rat
May 13th, 2011, 11:56
Hooky,

dunno about afcad, I have forgotten as I use AFX now and for quite some time. I do remember someone (Ian I think) having trouble with excluding some autogen. Is the trouble with power lines/street lights/anything in a line? If so the trick was to find the start of the chain of objects and put the exclude there. Putting the exclude halfway along the chain had no effect.

Jamie

Tom Clayton
May 13th, 2011, 15:28
I usually make excludes in XML and then compile them with BGL Comp. The attachment is the template that I use.

Edit: BGL Comp download from MS:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/9/3/b930da2a-b3bf-40dc-b830-b1da916eb9e2/fs2004_sdk_bglcomp2_setup.exe

Edit 2: Get the coordinates from either FS or AFCAD, then enter them and save the file as something like abc_flatten.xml, then just drag the xml file onto the BGL Comp icon. If the XML is right, a new bgl named abc_flatten.bgl will be "magically" created.

falcon409
May 13th, 2011, 15:29
In FS9 I used to use a program called "excbuilder". It worked with simconnect to sync with FS9, then you just slewed to an upper left and lower right point encompassing the exclude area and it would compile an exclude bgl. It was pretty simple to use, but that was years ago and I don't even know if it will still work with the newer OS. I think I was probably using XP at the time.

I know it's payware, but AFX is an excellent program if you plan to do a lot of airport/scenery design and especially if you have both FS9 and FSX because it's compatible with both and doing excludes and flattens is very easy inside that program. You can also use Scruffyduck's ADE Program which is free and has come a long way since it's rough beginning.:salute:

Tom Clayton
May 13th, 2011, 15:40
OK - I'm sold! EscBuilder looks like a nice little app!