PDA

View Full Version : FSX Vietnam War Project - Navy Ops needs Mr Ito's A-6 and A-7

Vietnam War Project
May 11th, 2011, 09:31
Hi all,

FSX Vietnam War project - Navy Ops pack will be released soon and, someone ask us why we don't use Kazunori Ito airplanes as statics ?
I remember that Mr Ito doesn't like FSX, but I have tried to contact him, many months ago, without success.

If any of you can help us to contact him, or did you know if his models can be used , I haven't seen nothing
in the readme that allow us to use them.

If any of you have an idea ? We have others airplanes but Mr Ito's A-6 and A-7 are great models.

Many thanks

Xavier

falcon409
May 11th, 2011, 10:09
Your partly correct in your assessment that Ito san did not like FSX. . .the other, more important factor is that he did not want any of his warplanes used to depict or re-enact war time scenarios, so I would say that his aircraft should not be used in the project at all.:salute:

Vietnam War Project
May 11th, 2011, 10:29
Many thanks, Falcon.

Ito san have good reasons, we will not used his great models.

Best regards

Xavier
:salute:

falcon409
May 11th, 2011, 10:34
No Problem. It is a shame he feels that way because he has produced so many models that would be great fits to your on-going project and really enhance the work you folks have already done. . .but I guess I can see his point of view as well and he does feel strongly about it.

Bob.sc
May 11th, 2011, 12:54
Maybe then...He should develop only Civilian aircraft? Not a worthy excuse if you were to ask me.
Cheers

expat
May 11th, 2011, 13:13
I don't know if the Alphasim AI A-6 for the Big E is freeware but that is another model that would be good for the Project - which I enjoy very much and look forward to the new Navy Ops pack.

expat

Gives a new meaning to "playing with a full deck"

Jetmechanic
May 11th, 2011, 14:45
cant forget the A-3 and Vigilante

falcon409
May 11th, 2011, 16:21
. . . . . .Not a worthy excuse if you were to ask me. . . . .
Cheers
Yea, but we didn't, did we?

Also, just so you know. . .Kazunori Ito has been a long time contributor to the Flight Sim community and his "wish" is that we enjoy the aircraft that he builds for the joy of flying them, but not use them for Combat Sims or to use them as was suggested by the folks from VWP. They graciously acknowledged that wish and found no reason to press for further permission. Ito san isn't looking for an excuse to keep us from using his airplanes, only a desire that we use them in the spirit they were built.

Vietnam War Project
May 11th, 2011, 21:41
Hi All,

We will respect Mr Ito's wishes.

On decks, today, there are SH-3 Seaking, F-4 Phantom II, RA-5 Vigilante, A-3 Skywarrior, EF-10 (F3D) Skynight. We will look at others airplanes,

Best

Xavier

roger-wilco-66
May 11th, 2011, 21:51
Ahh, now I know why he did not respond to my mails a few months ago. Thanks for clearing this. I asked him several times if I could use his fantastic FS9 P-61 as static scenery model for the FSX Solomon scanario. No answer.
That's clearly a no-go then, but it's a shame for such a nice model.
I just wish people would respond to a honestly asked question though, a simple yes or no would suffice.

Cheers,
Mark

expat
May 12th, 2011, 02:00
cant forget the A-3 and Vigilante

Alphasim Skywarrior originally had TWO dedicated AI models "hidden" in the "model" folder as I recall, one that flies normally and one that can sit on the deck with wings folded.:cool:

I had the Vigi - one of my all time favorite rides still today - working fine as AI in FS9 but cannot get the model to appear - as AI - in FSX no matter what I try. You see its lights and spot view position and the "empty space" taxi and takeoff but the a/c model and textures are compeletely see through. In flyable form it works perfectly in FSX, as a portover.

Anybody have this same problem or an idea why this would happen? Have read elsewhere some older FS models do this in FSX when converted to AI where there may be a mix of sceneries created for both FS9 and FSX present but never really quite understood why it has this result.

fxsttcb
May 12th, 2011, 02:45
Ahh, now I know why he did not respond to my mails a few months ago.
From a recent thread at another site we were informed that Ito san's eyesight has degenerated to the point that he can't read any longer.

Mr Ito has retired because he has really bad eye problems (vision wise) so he can't even see well enough to read any emails. Shame. He sure is a great modeler. One of the great ones. Going to miss his work.

I also would have liked to see some of his works incorporated into the VNWP and MAIW sceneries.
It is great to see that you folks are showing your respect by abiding his wishes. Thank You...Don

kilo delta
May 12th, 2011, 03:05
If it's for static use only,how about using Guy Diotte's static aircraft collection? :)

falcon409
May 12th, 2011, 03:58
Alphasim Skywarrior originally had TWO dedicated AI models "hidden" in the "model" folder as I recall, one that flies normally and one that can sit on the deck with wings folded.:cool:

I had the Vigi - one of my all time favorite rides still today - working fine as AI in FS9 but cannot get the model to appear - as AI - in FSX no matter what I try. You see its lights and spot view position and the "empty space" taxi and takeoff but the a/c model and textures are compeletely see through. In flyable form it works perfectly in FSX, as a portover.

Anybody have this same problem or an idea why this would happen? Have read elsewhere some older FS models do this in FSX when converted to AI where there may be a mix of sceneries created for both FS9 and FSX present but never really quite understood why it has this result.
Just guessing here, but it's possible that the AI textures in FS9 had an Alpha Channel that FSX doesn't accept thus making them transparent. Maybe if the alpha is eliminated the aircraft will be visible?

expat
May 12th, 2011, 05:36
possible that the AI textures in FS9 had an Alpha Channel that FSX doesn't accept

Hmm, that sounds logical!! (what TV character said that . .?)

Thanks Ed. Heading for dxtbmp to eliminate/manipulate the alpha and will report back. Funny it is only the AI configured RA-5C affected but not the flyable bird, eh, I mean beast.

AS Vigilante on Yankee Station - FSX

roger-wilco-66
May 12th, 2011, 05:47
From a recent thread at another site we were informed that Ito san's eyesight has degenerated to the point that he can't read any longer.
[...]

Oh, that's sad, I didn't know that. My apologies.

As for Guy Diottes static scenery objects: as far as I know he didn't make period WW2 PTO aircraft... but I'd love to stand corrected here.

Mark