PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where....

Matt Wynn
May 10th, 2011, 12:59
.... 'The Dude' went? just visited the site and tried downloading and got a 404 Error so he's AWOL, was freeware, has he just slipped into the sands of time? or is someone out there gong to be nice and share? :icon_lol: used to enjoy sitting atop things watching the traffic and the world go by....:wiggle:

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 13:06
Ooh's 'The Dude' Matt? :isadizzy:...can't see any blinkin links to press!

Matt Wynn
May 10th, 2011, 13:08
http://yoyosims.pl/Obrazki/FS2004/Szmuglerzy_Dude.jpg

^The Dude, can't find a download for him anywhere..... anyone else spot a slight similarity to Nigel with him? :icon_lol:

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 13:19
Yep! Xcept for the pants ya bugga. Wouldn't be seen dead...
...and if you want this scenery to be acurate Matt, where's them bull and cows ? (cheeky sod!) (icon:very shiny frying pan:icon)

The only traffic round my place is what I put on FS. My bull, Clyde takes care of the rest! (He makes Spannish bullfights look like Punch and Judy)

Desert Rat
May 10th, 2011, 14:13
I think Nigel shaves his legs though, personal preference type of thing, :d

If you need him PM me, I've got 'im locked away in a dark closet somewhere, gimp stylee. Bring out the Dude. :icon_eek:

Jamie

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 14:21
I think Nigel shaves his legs though, personal preference type of thing, :d

If you need him PM me, I've got 'im locked away in a dark closet somewhere, gimp stylee. Bring out the Dude. :icon_eek:

Jamie

Oy! Jamie, behave yourself there, my legs look like arizona cactus! And in any case...didn't know you cared!
Matt, don't believe a word this rascal promises you. He aint got me locked away in a dark closet somewhere, gimp stylee. I'm here buddy! Ees just makin it up as ee goes along.
Okay, I've clicked...when are you going to release this scenery?

Matt Wynn
May 10th, 2011, 14:26
@Jamie: PM Sent

@Nigel.... got a nice Gen av/bush style strip planned for your area.... :kilroy:

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 14:31
:icon_eek: :a1310: :tgun2::running:

Matt Wynn
May 10th, 2011, 14:34
:icon_eek: :a1310: :tgun2::running:

you've got a deserter again Nigel :icon_lol: i remember the old posts of 'The Dude visits....', in particular i remember an image of him sat atop the Seattle Space Needle :icon_lol:

Desert Rat
May 10th, 2011, 14:40
bush style strip planned for your area

sounds excellent, I just love a bush style strip in my area. :monkies:

Jamie

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 14:41
you've got a deserter again Nigel :icon_lol: i remember the old posts of 'The Dude visits....', in particular i remember an image of him sat atop the Seattle Space Needle :icon_lol:

Was that before or after Jamie tried on those XML duds? :icon_lol:

Desert Rat
May 10th, 2011, 14:43
ROFLMAO!!

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 14:44
sounds excellent, I just love a bush style strip in my area. :monkies:

Jamie

Its not your area! Beware of the bull or Clyde will most skillfully incise your XML duds to reveal your shaven legs :bump:

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 14:45
ROFLMAO!!

ROLF HARRIS!!!

Desert Rat
May 10th, 2011, 14:47
don't wear duds my friend, it's a tartan skirt commando stylee all the way. Nothing like the FREEDOM that comes with fresh air.

Jamie

Desert Rat
May 10th, 2011, 14:51
Better start behaving lads, Obio will start to administer the beatings, ooo, suits you sir.

Jamie

Desert Rat
May 10th, 2011, 14:53
If you need him PM me, I've got 'im locked away in a dark closet somewhere, gimp stylee. Bring out the NIGE. :icon_eek:
Jamie

Nigel, let me know if you want 'im to. PM me.

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 14:57
don't wear duds my friend, it's a tartan skirt commando stylee all the way. Nothing like the FREEDOM that comes with fresh air.

Jamie

Yeah I know Jamie, here in Greece we've been wearing 'foustanella' for more than 2500 years and we invented the bagpipes 'guida' too! :wavey: thats probably why political freedom as we understand it was also invented here; 'democracy'.

...and thats also why we love you Scots! Braveheart brothers all of you! :salute:

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 14:59
Better start behaving lads, Obio will start to administer the beatings, ooo, suits you sir.

Jamie

Ooh yes please! Don't mind if I do! :monkies:

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 15:01
Nigel, let me know if you want 'im to. PM me.

I will, is there one that looks a bit like Smoothie? :wiggle:

Matt Wynn
May 10th, 2011, 15:08

no... fortunately.... that one'd have to come with a RAM-Chute, bergen and oxy tank/breather :icon_lol:

Desert Rat
May 10th, 2011, 15:32

No, but there will be, lol. gimme a couple of days.

Yeah, I know about the Kilts and Pipes. Some of us Jocks do know that, but we keep it secret, they'd change Tartan day in NYC if it was common knowledge, lol.

Jamie

nigel richards
May 10th, 2011, 15:44
No, but there will be, lol. gimme a couple of days.

Jamie

Spoken as a true Scotsman! :wiggle: Love your style Jamie.

Heh Matt! Heh,heh :icon_lol: want to be part of the scenery?

Desert Rat
May 10th, 2011, 16:15
nothing in the readme to prevent me uploading,

Desert Rat
May 10th, 2011, 16:24
i remember the old posts of 'The Dude visits....', in particular i remember an image of him sat atop the Seattle Space Needle :icon_lol:

me too. wonder if I still have the rudimentary paint kit?

Matt Wynn
May 10th, 2011, 16:44
Thanks buddy! much appreciated! :jump::salute:

Tom Clayton
May 10th, 2011, 18:44

Jamie
When a girl threatens to kick my butt or some such other, my favorite reply is "Never threaten violence to a man who might like it!" :monkies:

Matt Wynn
May 10th, 2011, 19:10
my favorite reply is "Never threaten violence to a man who might like it!" :monkies:

mind if i borrow that Tom? might come in handy.... :icon_lol::monkies:

Matt Wynn
May 10th, 2011, 21:23
ruin atop a ruin ;) :icon_lol:

Desert Rat
May 11th, 2011, 13:31
he looks kinda familiar, can't quite place him. Crimewatch mugshot maybe? Or was it one of those TV ads for adult call lines, 0898 partyboy or something? I'd have to see him dancing to be sure.

;)
Jamie

Desert Rat
June 14th, 2011, 15:19
I know the last guy looks familiar, but I'm sure I've seen this chap before to :d

Jamie

nigel richards
June 15th, 2011, 01:48
:icon_lol: Yeah! Me too! LOL! :applause:

...now, let me see...where did I put that tartan?...:bump:

AndyG43
June 15th, 2011, 02:05
:icon_lol: Yeah! Me too! LOL! :applause:

...now, let me see...where did I put that tartan?...:bump:

This one?

Desert Rat
June 15th, 2011, 02:38
LOL, that's the one. :d

Jamie

nigel richards
June 15th, 2011, 04:05
:jump: Good initiative, Jamie!
Reckon this is a good remedy to cheer up our buddy, Smoothie...it seems he's a bit quiet and down in the dumps lately.
He definately doesn't seem his usual cheerful self lately :wavey: don't you think?

Desert Rat
June 15th, 2011, 14:03
Hopefully your right Nigel, can't have the silly sod being weepy. As my old boss used to say 'got an issue, have a tissue', needless to say it wasn't long before they transferred him to the most remote location on the company books, lol.

I thought he'd appreciate the t-shirt, rather fetching, no?

:d
Jamie

nigel richards
June 15th, 2011, 14:30
Hopefully your right Nigel, can't have the silly sod being weepy. As my old boss used to say 'got an issue, have a tissue', needless to say it wasn't long before they transferred him to the most remote location on the company books, lol. I thought he'd appreciate the t-shirt, rather fetching, no? :d Jamie

Reckon he's probably legged it secretly to Greece maybe...he has gone very quiet lately.

Anyway the T-shirt looks just the job for kicking around on the beach here. The wife wouln't mind a couple in Tartan she says, thats if old Tinballs gets a few printed!

I'll even play my favourte bagpipes CD, volume up full! Always had a softspot for the pipes...they put a lump in my throat and a wee tear to the eye...

and talking of volume, I'm sitting here on my third attempt at uploading my new soundset for the F-4 Phantom...so you'll all be in for a din! Should be up here at SOH within the hour.

Desert Rat
June 15th, 2011, 15:02
oh yeah, don't forget the 'innocent' Smoothies in the cooler. D'ya see what I did there? His tag being Smoothie and them being Smoothies? And one time in bandcamp....

Jamie

PS. Nigey-baby, what kinda Tooms we speaking, Spey or those other ones? You know the ones the Greeks had.

nigel richards
June 15th, 2011, 15:30
oh yeah, don't forget the 'innocent' Smoothies in the cooler. D'ya see what I did there? His tag being Smoothie and them being Smoothies? And one time in bandcamp.... Jamie PS. Nigey-baby, what kinda Tooms we speaking, Spey or those other ones? You know the ones the Greeks had.

...the ones the Greeks had/HAVE!!! ...and a set of reheat sounds that will toast ya oaties!

:angryfir:...if only I can load the bally sounds! Its a 40 megabugger pack that I just wasted an hour trying to UL, only to get a frigging message saying we cant accept RAR zip! Boy am I raging...I spent another hour uploading as RAR and the clock says I've already uploaded more than fifty megas!!! Something must be up - better get a word to Rami.

Desert Rat
June 15th, 2011, 15:44
okey dokey, whilst not my beloved Speys, I'll love and cherish them anyways.

Have you tried 7-zip, it can zip up zip files that bit smaller than winzip? My personal choice of archiver, its .7z files are usually much smaller than conventional zips.

Jamie

Desert Rat
June 15th, 2011, 15:48
...the ones the Greeks had/HAVE!!!

you still got them, lucky bu99ers. You really should look at something a bit more modern though, I hear we have some Harriers going spare, 'cos we decided we don't need them any more, go figure :isadizzy: If it wasn't for airframe life those Tooms would be good to go for decades to come. Amazing for such an old design.

Jamie

nigel richards
June 15th, 2011, 16:16
you still got them, lucky bu99ers. You really should look at something a bit more modern though, I hear we have some Harriers going spare, 'cos we decided we don't need them any more, go figure :isadizzy: If it wasn't for airframe life those Tooms would be good to go for decades to come. Amazing for such an old design.

Jamie

:wavey:Yeah, we're up to our eyeballs in F-16's, but the Tooms still put up a brave show.
Smoothie mentioned a short while back something about Sukoi I think too.

You're right about the Harriers matey, perfect for dispersing among the many Greek islands. But you know how governments work Jamie, just a bunch of boners.
Look at the financial mess Greece is in! :banghead:

Matt Wynn
June 15th, 2011, 16:35
Right then you snivelling bunch! yes HAF still has the RF-4E's with 348MTA 'Matia' ('Eyes' in english), last i heard HAF are investigating a few aircraft to replace few older types, among which are Sukhois (even a rumour floating around of an interest in the T-50) and Eurofighter, Rafale got ruled out kinda early on... a bit down in the dumps is right way to describe it, stress is piled on.... abcess underneath a tooth causing toothache every day, only thing dentist can do is prescribe me amoxicillin (anti-biotic), also discovered i've gotta have another 2 teeth pulled, hairs greying and disappearing (bear in mind i'm a youngster, 23 to be precise)... and it's causing me a few concers about the opposite sex, oh and thats another issue i've had recently, the less said the better :icon_lol:

back on topic.... nice shirt!

nigel richards
June 15th, 2011, 17:46
Right then you snivelling bunch! yes HAF still has the RF-4E's with 348MTA 'Matia' ('Eyes' in english), last i heard HAF are investigating a few aircraft to replace few older types, among which are Sukhois (even a rumour floating around of an interest in the T-50) and Eurofighter, Rafale got ruled out kinda early on... a bit down in the dumps is right way to describe it, stress is piled on.... abcess underneath a tooth causing toothache every day, only thing dentist can do is prescribe me amoxicillin (anti-biotic), also discovered i've gotta have another 2 teeth pulled, hairs greying and disappearing (bear in mind i'm a youngster, 23 to be precise)... and it's causing me a few concers about the opposite sex, oh and thats another issue i've had recently, the less said the better :icon_lol:

back on topic.... nice shirt!

back on topic...

:jawdrop: snivelling bunch...bullocks!
Look, I've been sitting here sweating it out trying to upload 40 megas of Phantom hush just to cheer up our little buddy, poor old Jamie's gone to all that trouble to make those splendid T's in small, medium and xtra large, also in tartan I might add, kindly supplied by our mate Andy...and what do we get;
snivelling bunch!!!

:173go1:..toothache, white hairs etc.; all symptoms probably stress related. It could be that you're nay getting your oats (and I don't mean the ones Jamie gets for breakfast). Vicious circle old man, you don't get your oats cos no girl in her right mind would take a second glance at you in the condition you describe, and so the situation worsens; less teeth, white hair etc etc.

Best bet is to get down to some serious texturing and hope things clear up! (after the dentist has finished with you that is) :icon_lol:

There is of course the option of recluding to some quiet, monasterial area; Mt Athos for example. Very scenic and serene, but I'd watch my back somewhere like that...place is teeming with chutney ferrets rumour has it!

AndyG43
June 15th, 2011, 21:45
........ You really should look at something a bit more modern though...............Jamie

The Greek Government has 'bought' Typhoons at least once, but then hd to cancel the deal - James Naughtie has told me that the Greek Government is a little short of the readies this week, which might have something to do with it. I'd suggest looking down the back of the sofa, I usually find something there when I'm a little strapped for cash.

nigel richards
June 15th, 2011, 23:29
The Greek Government has 'bought' Typhoons at least once, but then hd to cancel the deal - James Naughtie has told me that the Greek Government is a little short of the readies this week, which might have something to do with it. I'd suggest looking down the back of the sofa, I usually find something there when I'm a little strapped for cash.

:icon_lol: Very tactfully understated Andy, perhaps thats why half of Athens' population were gathered in such rage, outside parliament yesterday; they've probably cottoned on to the stacks of plush sofas hiding Greece's entire foreign debt...
(icon:frantic search for an Athens bound taxi:icon) .

..Hey! TAXI!!!

AndyG43
June 15th, 2011, 23:50
Yes, I saw the news footage, it looked pretty unpleasant. I always found the Greeks, even the Athenians, to be a wonderfully laid back group of people, so I know it must take a lot to rile them up that much. Athens is actually my favourite European capital, so it's pretty upsetting to see those events happening there.

nigel richards
June 16th, 2011, 01:57
Yes, I saw the news footage, it looked pretty unpleasant. I always found the Greeks, even the Athenians, to be a wonderfully laid back group of people, so I know it must take a lot to rile them up that much. Athens is actually my favourite European capital, so it's pretty upsetting to see those events happening there.

:salute: Totally agree Andy, you wont find a more tolerant, peaceful and genuinly warm nation of people, who in recent and not so recent history have had more than their fair share of problems and struggles.

It is in their culture and nature to exhaust every possible peaceful means when faced with a potential problem (often to their personal detriment).

Contradictory to popular misconconceived notions about Mediterranean peoples, Greek people outpace most of us in their reserves of patience.

A deeply rooted sense of justice and pride is what hurts now.

But thats as near to politics are you are likely to see from me!