PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire-PR

rcafmad
May 10th, 2011, 07:40
In ETO Expansion QC. I flew under the British Aircraft Section the above aircraft. It appears to be an aircraft painted in the original test colour.

I could not find it the Aircraft folder. Could someone help me?

The cockpit detail is excellent. You are able to see the Pilot's left hand move on the throttle and the right hand move the Stick as you use your joystick.

Is it possible to copy that file to other aircraft.

Old Tiger
May 10th, 2011, 10:06
In ETO Expansion QC. I flew under the British Aircraft Section the above aircraft. It appears to be an aircraft painted in the original test colour.

I could not find it the Aircraft folder. Could someone help me?

The cockpit detail is excellent. You are able to see the Pilot's left hand move on the throttle and the right hand move the Stick as you use your joystick.

Is it possible to copy that file to other aircraft.

:wavey:rcafmad I's called ETO_PR_ spitMk1, But the one I have won't fire its guns:isadizzy:

hairyspin
May 10th, 2011, 11:15
:wavey:rcafmad I's called ETO_PR_ spitMk1, But the one I have won't fire its guns:isadizzy:

That's because PR Mk.I Spits didn't have any. The guns, ammo, gunsight and radio were removed, saving hundreds of pounds in weight. This weight saving was then put to use with a much bigger fuel load - nearly three times the fighter's capacity - giving the PR Mk.I a range of up to 1800 miles at altitude.

Armed reconnaisance versions came much later, starting with the PR Mk.XIII (four .303 Brownings) in 1943 and the postwar FR 18 (0.5 Brownings and 20mm cannon) although the classic PR XIX (1944) was unarmed.

EDIT: doh! PR Mk.IG was armed - also known as PR Mk.VII - twenty-odd converted to this mark. Thanks Thudman!

Thudman
May 10th, 2011, 13:55
I believe that the Spitfire PR.1G was armed.

rcafmad
May 10th, 2011, 16:46
Thanks Fellows. Now I know what I am looking for.

Is the detail of the pilot's arms and hands be in the Model folder or the Texture folder? The detail is excellent!

popsaka
May 11th, 2011, 16:28
...I believe all the Patrick Diddier based mark 1's in ETO have that nifty cockpit...:engel016::engel016:

Pat Pattle
May 12th, 2011, 07:44
Is the detail of the pilot's arms and hands be in the Model folder or the Texture folder? The detail is excellent

The PR has the cockpit with pilot modelled-in courtesay of Ross, the rest of the MK1's are the ones I did. The pilot poly-count was huge so you couldn't have pilot and detail without fps issues :(

The pilot texturing is on one of the texture sheets.

The PR version will slot straight in any of the others by copying and re-naming.

Led Zeppelin
May 14th, 2011, 02:34
For those who want a PR.MkIg, ndicki has made a 'Pink Spitfire' skin for the Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight Spitfire MkI quite some time ago.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=14024

I plan to build a 1941 'Dicing' mission for the Atlantic Wall mission pack but, as they were performed by armed PR Spitfires, I'll use one of the standard ETO Spitfire MkI.