PDA

View Full Version : Default FSX scenery question

Willy
December 6th, 2008, 10:39
I don't have FSX and was just wondering....

Does FSX have the white cliffs of Dover in it's default scenery? I know they were left out of FS8 & FS9 for sure. (But somehow MS got them into CFS 1 back in 1998 :isadizzy:)

Panther_99FS
December 6th, 2008, 10:44
Don't think so...

lucas81
December 6th, 2008, 11:24
No, Willy, it doesn't. Here are the few default scenery improvements over FS2004:

- 38 meter mesh for the USA
- 76 meter mesh for the Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Japan
- Improved shore lines and roads for the USA, Canada, OZ, Japan and Western Europe
- The rest of the World has the same vector data as it was in the FS2004, as well as the mesh, I think.
- The default landclass has the same level of "accuracy" (or even worse in some parts of the World - Some parts of the Italy are covered with desert). However, FSX has more climate zones than the FS2004.

IanP
December 6th, 2008, 14:04
Even the photo sceneries have never got the white cliffs right on either side of the Channel... The only person who has ever got close was a French developer who did lumps of Northern Normandy for FS9 before quitting the hobby for financial reasons, I believe.

Ian P.

heywooood
December 6th, 2008, 17:03
take a look at Niagara Falls if you really want to be disappointed....so much of default FSX is just a placeholder for third party devs...:kilroy: