PDA

View Full Version : GUNNERY distances on bombers - b17-b24 etc...eto/cfs3

loverboy1
May 7th, 2011, 12:19
:salute:is there a way to make the gunners in bombers , have better handle on the shooting distance of any fighters .. it appears , at least for me , if one could make it closer on shootiung em or hitting them

ive used b17-fp, avh bombers ....etc....

thought once there was a thread on this ,

tks if anyone can unberstand this message ....lol

lb/joshua

popsaka
May 7th, 2011, 17:39
...wait a minute... Wait a minute... do you mean how close the enemy aircraft are before the bomber's defensive guns open fire?
.................................................. .....I have no idea :banghead:

Daiwilletti
May 7th, 2011, 17:44
Hi lb,
there are various tweaks to xdp files possible, depending upon what you want to do.
Are you wanting fighters to hold off opening up until they get closer to the bombers?
Or do you want to be an airgunner and open up on fighters before they start to fire at you?

IIRC the AvHistory B-17s (especially the version 4 planes) were set up to have wicked AI gunners - too bad for any fighters straying too close too slowly! In those planes, human gunners have their work cut out trying to be as good as the AI gunners.

Key parameters are the range for the gun, set in the gun's xdp file (remember to back up, and to delete the bdp file with any changes). If changing the range, ensure that the distance travelled (velocity) within the timealive parameter is sufficient. For example my 20mmmgff_gun has a range of 300. For the current velocity (600) and Timealive=2, the current max range would seem to be 1200, if you wanted to tweak it that far.

And the ratelimit set in the aircraft's xdp file under "Gunstations", which determines how quickly the turret guns can pan across the sky. One of the AvHistory B-17s has a ratelimit of 70, which is a real killer in the hands of AI.

If that is not what you are after, give us a few more hints as to what you need?

HTH,
D

loverboy1
May 7th, 2011, 18:27
sounds good .. will try a tweak or two on this many tks

lb/joshua