PDA

View Full Version : Skysim Sea Vixen Repaint - what a find!

delta_lima
May 6th, 2011, 09:31
Hello fellow twin-boom de Havilland lovers ...

I'm a huge fan of the FSX Skysim Sea Vixen, but always thought the paints didn't quite do the amazing model full justice. Again, not a complaint - just to say they seemed a bit plain compared to an otherwise amazing model.

I stumbled across this awesome repaint pack just yesterday by a certain gentleman named "reef" - had never seen this before. They completely brought the model to full life!! 3 schems are included, all for the FAW1 model. Alas, no repaints for the FAW2 - what a treat that would be ... Anyway, the weathering and detail is a massive step above the stock textures.

Anyway - screens from the repaint pack, not mine. Worth a visit to UKMIL, for sure.

If you're on here, REEF, thanks. Had a terrible day yesterday - but discovering this really put a smile on my face. Defintely enjoyed dusting off the Sea Vixen for this - many many thanks!

dl

http://www.ukmil.org.uk/e107_files/downloadimages/1224438327_pre-4.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/reef75/pre-6.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/reef75/pre-5.jpg

sketchy
May 6th, 2011, 10:49
They do look good.

Stan V.
May 6th, 2011, 11:11
Skysim Sea Vixen Repaint - what a find!

Hello fellow twin-boom de Havilland lovers ...

I'm a huge fan of the FSX Skysim Sea Vixen, but always thought the paints didn't quite do the amazing model full justice. Again, not a complaint - just to say they seemed a bit plain compared to an otherwise amazing model.

They do look good.

Anybody have a link????

delta_lima
May 6th, 2011, 12:00
http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?view.441

Registration to UKMIL is required, though.

cheers,

dl

peter12213
May 6th, 2011, 12:02
Great find mate thanks!

Timo
October 13th, 2011, 04:40
Hi folks. Not too sure if this is the right area - newbee to the site :engel016: I have the fs2004 Sea Vixen by Virtavia. Any ideas where I can locate repaints of this great beast. My father worked on 890 Squadron Fleet Air Arm (yellow / black flying witch on broomstick logo). UKMIL have it or had it, but I cannot locate it. Any information on where or how would be very much appreciated http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon25.gif

ramsa329
October 13th, 2011, 06:51
Could you please tell me in which section of UKMIL you found these repaints.

I looked all over and couldn't find them

Would love to have these

Thanks

calypsos
October 13th, 2011, 08:35
The SkySim Sea Vixen is an FS9 model, so using it in FSX will drop your FR's a bit unless you run a speed machine PC. I did a lot of work on her beta testing and vids etc, shame we do not have a native FSX version as she handled like a real lady!

Timo
October 13th, 2011, 11:42
The SkySim Sea Vixen is an FS9 model, so using it in FSX will drop your FR's a bit unless you run a speed machine PC. I did a lot of work on her beta testing and vids etc, shame we do not have a native FSX version as she handled like a real lady!

I've got the Skysim FS2004 version. You did a cracking job!! My PC's at the lower end, but this is just fab. Just need that texture (890 Sqn) with the witch on the broomstick to make my day!!:engel016:

delta_lima
October 13th, 2011, 11:54
Hello lads and lasses,

I searched and can't find them there either. Very bizarre. Mayble Gaffer can comment.

The author's ("reef") readme doesn't say anything about where it can/can't be uploaded - but for caution's sake, I'd be hesitant to post it somewhere without some kind of expresssed approval from the painter.

It's a lovely set of repaints (3), one of which is indeed 243 XJ521 of 890 Squadron while based on HMS Ark Royal. For Timo's and others' sake, I hope we can post. If permission is given, I can upload.

best regards,

DL

ps: on my "less-than-stellar" pc, it runs great (20ish fps)

Timo
October 14th, 2011, 11:02
Many thanks DL for your help. The truth is out there somewhere! :salute:

spatialpro
October 14th, 2011, 12:49

I wholeheartedly agree in every respect!

I love the Sea Vixen and she flies great, but she is an FPS hog for me in FSX so I simply don't fly her. For this reason alone I'd welcome an FSX-native model, but additional reasons would be bump mapping and VC-self shading (DX10 compatible), which really add to the immersion for me. For now I'll have to stick to the Aphasim Scimitar...

Andy

peter12213
June 14th, 2012, 13:50
Does anyone know where to find these repaints? I've lost them sinse this thread started lol.

Rich
June 14th, 2012, 21:34
This thread is 8 months old were these paints ever released ????

peter12213
June 15th, 2012, 16:48
Yeah I definately had at least one of them, I'm sure it was Avsim or somwhere when I originally got it but no trace anywhere now of any from anyone.

JohnC
June 15th, 2012, 19:24
I downloaded them a long time ago and still have the archive. If you shoot me a pm, I can send you a private link to the files I have.

WarHorse47
May 12th, 2015, 09:18
Does anyone know how to configure the different loadouts on the Sea Vixen? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. ThanksLook at the switches on your right. The upper row contains switches for the external stores.

Lonewolfee1
May 12th, 2015, 09:19
Thank You. Found them.