PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to make an FSX model work in CFS2?

kelticheart
May 4th, 2011, 16:12
Hi everybody!

I am talking about the great DC-3/C-47 model made by Manfred Jahn. Ivan Hsu's MDLC doesn't even see the mdl of this aircraft.

With all the splendid WWII repaints uploaded here at SOH it's a pity it can't be flown where it belongs.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

sc7500
May 5th, 2011, 06:28
...DC-3/C-47 model made by Manfred Jahn. Ivan Hsu's MDLC doesn't even see the mdl of this aircraft...

I spent a lot of hours last week on this project, Stef - moving MDLs around, tweaking / screaming.... All for naught. :pop4:

Like so many good FSX planes, it refused to convert for me as well.

Anyone else have success ?
SC
:kilroy:

Seagull V
May 5th, 2011, 19:27
I was thinking of Plan-B, converting the paints (with owners permissions) to suit a CFS2 compatible Gooney Bird. :kilroy:
FSX models appear to be outside the scope of the current conversions with models, some of the set-ups for the skins can get interesting as well, one of the skins on another aircraft had me scratching my head for a while.
(If anyone has the time/resources how about a MOD where we can take CFS2 into FSX to allow the CFS2 game to be played in the FSX environment ?)

kelticheart
May 6th, 2011, 12:25
I was thinking of Plan-B, converting the paints (with owners permissions) to suit a CFS2 compatible Gooney Bird.....

Good thinking Seagull V!

How about Simonu's conversion of FS9 stock DC-3? I think it was uploaded here at SOH after the HDD crash and server switchover, thereofore still available.

Cheers!
KH :ernae: :USA-flag:

Collin
May 6th, 2011, 13:44
Hmmm.....there is another way...

Get hold of the developer and torture the SOB until he puts it through the CAD program he used to make it and churns out a cfs2 mdl file. Then release him or bury him, after all he's from the darkside.:icon_lol:

regardless Collin:ernae: